Okay, so I'm stuck with crappy ME. Until I get a NEW computer, I can NOT play ANYTHING on last.fm.
Sorry folks! But, my idiotic motherboard DIED within 2 months of the monitor dying. That motherboard was on a far superior Ubuntu OS. That computer was also very old and had been given to me USED (after long hours of use by previous owner).
I got a different used CRT monitor and tower for free. Its an OLD Dell with hardware meant for dial a "dial-a-crap" users. I mean, this would work best for the worst dial up service known to man kind in the history of the world. To be fair, the computer that the Ubuntu was on was very OLD! However, even its old age was far superior than anything ME on an old dell with ANCIENT processor (due to dell's policy of not insisting on customer getting better upgrades. This has nothing to do with dell's quality, but rather them wanting to get affordable computers into the hands of those who want to use a computer to check email, and not much else if they so choose and YET, allow gamers to choose what processors and insides they want. This means that not all Dells are alike. You get what you want.)
The Top 10 Reasons MS Sucks and should die as a company
10. Never really cared about w3.org and established web standards
9. INSISTS that we webmaster create HACKS in order to get IE to work properly according to web standards! This creates hours of work just because IE HATES rules!
8. ME was a piece of sh*t only brought out because MS knew that XP was coming out soon. They wanted you to get rid of 98 so you would WANT XP (due to ME being extremely buggy!)
7. Vista was brought out JUST LIKE ME was and for the same reason!
6. Vista does NOT play nicely with whichever program MS chooses.
5. Backwards compatibility so that your legally purchases programs will work in your new OS was NOT done very well (if at all) in Vista by MS
4. MS has done many illegal business manueveurs including violating anti-monopoly laws. See court case against MS. MS lost.
3. MS is STILL not really honoring the court order to divulge certain trade secrets. See Groklaw, as I think they have this data. I might be wrong, and if so, this is NOT a reflection on Groklaw, but rather a reflection on my faulty brain.
2. VISTA HOGS ALL AVAILABLE RAM NO MATTER HOW MUCH RAM YOU UPGRADE YOUR COMPUTER TOO! Okay, so it does have its limits. 2GB ram is hogs. And, 4GB Ram is not necessarily ALLOWED to be used on a Vista due to other programming MS did to make D*mn sure that you are locked out of your rights.
And the #1 reason why MS Sucks and should not be a company is...
1. Hey, did you hear what happened in Japan at a IT trade show/convention?!! MS THREATENED ALL VENDORS with I believe a Lawsuit and pulling out of their products IF they SHOWCASED GOOGLE'S little computer. I think it was the notepad? I'm sorry! My friend owns one of these and I can't remember their name. :P See Groklaw and research Microsoft, Japan, convention. I lost the link due to motherboard dying. DO SEE GROKLAW AS THEY HAVE ALL THE FACTS AND HAVE THEM STRAIGHT! Thank You!
You still buy MS? Maybe you don't have a choice. When Google improves, I hope they can take MS down and KILL that company using LEGAL means, by making a better product and being cheaper, higher quality, w3.org standards compliant, and other legal and moral ways.
I, however, am saving MY $$$ for a far superior Ubuntu OS, whereby, with a minimal amount of tweaking, I get EXCELLENT service, free programs, 4GB ram, 1TB hard drive, TV tuner option, Wi-fi "ON a desktop!!" and 64-bit. Plus a really rad processor. I'll get a dream speed computer instead of MS RAM hog of crap! Besides, who wants all those great HP games sitting collecting dust only because they will never really work on MS 7. I'll buy XP used first! And, then use Ubuntu for EVERYTHING else. I do wish that they would allow HP games to be made for Ubuntu or at least, WINE.
WHERE am I buying this Ubuntu computer??? System76http://www.system76.com
I shall buy my monitor elsewhere and on sale, for cost reasons. But, their computers can't be beat for New and Ubuntu.
Sorry, I'm not allowing comments to this post because I won't see them anyways for awhile and do not wish to be rude and ignore great comments. My WinME is THAT bad!