1. What are you listening to right now?Gimme What You Got
2. What song makes you sad?
neutral milk hotel - oh, comely, hallelujah - jeff buckley, everything off matt pryor's 'confidence man'
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
there's usually something in the top 40 rotation that should be mercy-killed.
4. Your all-time favorite band?
saves the day
5. Your favorite newly discovered band is?
if 'in the past few months' is sufficiently new: local natives
6. Best female voice?
sherri eisley (eisley), amy winehouse
7. Best male voice?
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
indie rock staples, electropop, dirty rap
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
i make playlists for this purpose. the usual suspects include: bloc party, sleigh bells, major lazer, lil' kim, girl talk
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
jose gonzales, ray lamontagne
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
the gaslight anthem at the wiltern theater in los angeles.
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
lately: interpol, neutral milk hotel, broken social scene
13. Most hated band?
meh, do your thang, just don't expect me to pay attention.
14. Song that makes you think?
radiohead and neutral milk hotel tend to have this effect on me.
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
i'm selfish. like your own damn music, plebe.
16. What do you play/would you play in the bedroom to spice things up?
oh gossshh. depends on the mood?
17. Can you play a musical instrument?
it's been a few years, but i figure i can still find my way around a flute/piccolo.
18. Ever been in a mosh pit?
not (deliberately) since the late 90s
19. Are you in a band?
20. Ever dated a musician?
21. Do you wish yourself that you were a musician?
i'm a retired musician...? also an aspiring guitarist. have the guitar, need the skills(z).
22. Best chick band you know of?
interpreting this in my own way (female vocalist), i'll go with the xx
23. Last song that you heard on the radio?
no idea, i was zoned out on the way home
24. What do you think of classical music?
i adore it. i NEED it.
25. What do you think of country music?
sometimes, in moments of weakness, i can dig it. if we're talking modern pop-country, that is. give me alt country all day, er'ryday.
26. What do you think of death metal?
not my bag
27. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
sure: sigur ros, yelle, bjork
28. What famous musician would you like to fuck?
i'm pretty fond of the gaslight anthem's brian fallon.
29. Worst concert moment?
nothing comes to mind
30. Funny concert moment?
31. Best local act you can think of?
does las vegas even have a local scene? i hate this town.
32. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
33. Do you listen to the radio?
i like it for ambient noise while driving.
34. Do you watch music TV?
35. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
follow? no. occasionally dabble, usually when alcohol is involved? yes.
36. Have you met any famous musicians?
i sort of met some fairly popular country singer a few weeks ago, not popular enough for me to remember his name though
37. Are any of your friends/family/etc. musicians?
38. Song that best describes your feelings right now?
right now/always: jimmy eat world - disintegration
39. Song that describes your life?
interpol - NYC
40. Do you know the names of all the band members that you listen to?
41. Does a musician’s physical attractiveness play a role in the music that you listen to?
42. Favorite movie soundtrack?
wristcutters: a love story, brokedown palace
43. Any musician pet peeves?
unappreciative/self important ones
44. What do your parents listen to?
mom: soft rock - celine dion, phil collins, et al.
dad: pop country radio, christian rock
stepdad: the fucking classics. zep, cream, stones, et al.
45. What are you listening to right now?
yeah yeah yeahs
46. Do you wear band T-shirts?
i own some, yes
47. What do you think of people who do?
do your thang
48. What music sub-culture do you feel like you belong to?
the elitist indie "i don't fit any particular mold, pitchfork sucks, and i literally get aroused by anything j. mascis touches" mold.
49. What song is stuck in your head right now?
since it's on, yeah yeah yeahs - gold lion
50. Do you sing in the shower?
51. If so, what? If not, why not?
borderline PTSD after discovering circa 1992 that my mom could HEAR me when i sang in the shower.
52. Would you rather marry a musician or be one yourself?
53. How important is your partner's taste in music to you?
#3, right after male status (#1) and physical attraction (#2)
54. Sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll, you dig?
as long as there's sex and rock 'n roll, i can do without the drugs.