This should've 'aired' on Monday, but I've been busy, with work and looking after a sick girlfriend. Anyhow, on account of listening to a lot of comedy last week, the charts looked like this.'Top Three' Artists of last week:
• Joint first place – Tenacious D
and Nine Inch Nails
! I like Jack Black
, and having just watched Nacho Libre, in which he plays an all singing all wrestling priest, TD got a lot of air play last week. But then Nine Inch Nails did too, because I find it nigh impossible to skip NIN tracks...
• Third place - Beatallica
I didn't realise I'd listened to them quite that much, but there you go. The covers band that mixes Beatles
covers with Metallica
covers, mostly by warping the former into a style practiced by the latter...'Top Three' Artists overall:
Three clear positions this time.
• First place - Nine Inch Nails
- nice one!
• Second place - Pitchshifter
- knocking Rage Against The Machine
• Third place - Tool
- just beating Rage to third place... An old favourite...'Top Three' Tracks overall:
• First place - Closer
- a clubber's favourite that seems to come up loads if you tune into certain tag radios (I'm thinking industrial
and alternative rock
• Second place - Leave You Far Behind (Lunat...
- as played on the original Matrix soundtrack and a TV for beer advert since, I've always loved this tune...
• Joint third place - (deep breath...) The Thing That Should Not Let It Be
(funny and catchy), Feuer Frei (Rammstein Vs Junki
(catchy and shouty), Angry White Boy Polka
(funny, catchy and shouty), Supernaut
(fun, catchy and shouty), 100 Percent
(kinda catchy, kinda funny, kinda shouty), Bombtrack
(damn freaking catchy and shouty, more than you can shake a damn stick at)