After going to Italy to study italian for a month, I started looking for italian bands to listen to. I wanted bands whose music spoke to me and whose style interested me. So, I've ran into Negramaro, along with others. Negramaro, however, became one of my fave italian bands pretty fast, while others just faded away in time.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? (Belle & Sebastian)
I don't really remember. It might have been "Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying".
3. What's your favorite lyric by 33? (Muse)
"I'll be there as soon as I can
But I'm busy mending broken pieces of the life I've had before."
4. How did you get into 49? (Ani DiFranco)
I guess it was just out of nowhere. I've heard about her in a couple of indie movies, then a couple of my best friends insisted that she was great and that I would love her, and that I should listen to her music. It took a while to take their advice, but eventually I did and I listened to all of her albums at once, reading the lyrics along with it. I remember I was impressed with the greatness of her lyrics. It turns out that my friends were right, after all.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? (John Lennon)
Seventeen. Two boxes with 4 albums each (Lennon & John Lennon Anthology); Shaved Fish; Imagine: John Lennon; John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band; Mind Games; Rock 'n' Roll; Live in New York City; Lennon Legend; Acoustic.
6. What is your favorite song by 50? (Blind Melon)
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? (Os Mutantes)
A Balada do Louco
8. What is your favorite song by 15? (Silverchair)
It keeps changing. Right now, it's 'Miss You Love'.
9. What is your favorite song by 5? (The Beatles)
Again... impossible task. It always changes. Right now, it's 'No Reply'.
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? (HIM)
Happy is not the right word. Feeling good? Yes. 'Beautiful'.
11. What is the worst song by 40? (Marisa Monte)
Not remembering one...
12. What is your favorite song by 10? (Legião Urbana)
At the moment, 'Metal Contra as Nuvens'.
13. What is a good memory you have involving 30? (Bush)
The time that I was in Orlando, FL, with my new friends and my cousin. We used to always listen to Bush in our hotel room. I've had just bought their two first albums and we loved it. I was seventeen and everything looked so magical. I wish I still had this innocent look towards the world.
14. What is your favorite song by 38? (Cazuza)
At the moment, 'Ideologia'.
15. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy? (Keane)
16. Is there a song by 25 that makes you sad? (Fiona Apple)
Her version of Elvis Costello's 'I Want You'.
17. What is the first song you ever heard by 23? (Death Cab For Cutie)
'Soul Meets Body'.
18. What's your favorite lyric by 11? (Alanis Morissette)
'Not the Doctor'.
19. Who is a favorite member of 1? (Placebo)
Brian Molko. Always.
20. Is there a song by 14 that makes you happy? (Garbage)
21. What is a good memory involving 27? (Blur)
Back when I was fifteen and I heard them for the first time. It was a very dark period of my life and these new bands to which my friend had just introduced me helped me soothe the angst a little. Blur was definitely the one who got me happier.
22. What is your favorite song by 16? (She Wants Revenge)
23. What is the first song you ever heard by 47? (Paul McCartney)
Solo? Really cannot remember. I've been into The Beatles since I was nine, it's quite impossible to remember the first song I ever heard by them or by their separate members.
24. What is your favorite album by 18? (Jeff Buckley)
25. What is your favorite song by 21? (Guillemots)
'Annie, Let's Not Wait'
26. What is the first song you ever heard by 26? (Depeche Mode)
'Enjoy the Silence'
27. What is your favorite album by 3? (Pearl Jam)
28. What is you favorite song by 2? (The Smashing Pumpkins)
Another impossible task. At the moment, 'Galapogos'.
29. What was the first song you ever heard by 32? (Eddie Vedder)
I've been listening to Pearl Jam since I was fourteen, but to Eddie solo, I guess it was one of those songs he sung in a solo concert, years ago, even before he recorded the songs for the 'Into the Wild' soundtrack. I guess, maybe, it was 'Broken Heart' or 'Sleeping By Myself'. One of these.
30. What is you favorite song by 8? (Chico Buarque)
31. How many times have you seen 17 live? (Deasonika)
32. Is there a song by 44 that makes you happy? (Rachael Yamagata)
Happy? Not really..
33. How did you get into 12? (Coldplay)
Like Keane, I was forced into it. At first, I thought they were a bad Radiohead copy, and I hated 'Yellow' and its stupid video, and I really didn't like Chris Martin's idiotic face. But then my friends (and the media, to be fair) made me start liking them. I finally bought 'Parachutes' and I fell in love with the album. 'A Rush of Blood to the Head' was also pretty good, but not as good as 'Parachutes'. But then came 'X & Y' and put me off Coldplay again. Except for some songs on this albums, the rest is shit and it's been shit ever since. I went back to disliking Chris Martin's idiotic face and thinking they're a sellout band. Yet, I still love those 2 first albums.
34. What is the worst song by 45? (Morrissey)
There are a few..
35. What was the first song you ever heard by 34? (Guns N Roses)
This is another one of those bands that I've been listening to since I was twelve years old. So, it's impossible to remember the first song ever that I've heard.
36. What is the first song you ever heard by 48? (Johnny Cash)
'Ring of Fire'
37. How many times have you seen 42 live? (Adriana Calcanhotto)
38. What is you favorite song by 36? (The Doors)
Right now, 'Crystal Ship'.
39. What was the first song you ever heard by 28? (Suede)
Hmmmm maybe 'So Young'? I don't know... it's been too long.
40. What is you favorite album by 7? (Los Hermanos)
Bloco do Eu Sozinho
41. Is there a song by 31 that makes you happy? (The Smiths)
Happy?!?! The Smiths?!?!?
42. What is your favorite album by 41? (The Magic Numbers)
The Magic Numbers
43. What is your favorite song by 24? (U2)
'Stay (Far Away, So Close!)'
44. What is a good memory you have involving 46? (Type O Negative)
The fan fic I wrote based on 'October Rust'.
45. What is your favorite song by 35? (Foo Fighters)
'Walking After You'
46. Is there a song by 9 that makes you happy? (Tori Amos)
47. What is your favorite album by 4? (Radiohead)
48. Who is a favorite member of 37? (Damien Rice)
49. What is the first song you ever heard by 43? (Nirvana)
Smells Like Teen Spirit
50. What is your favorite song by 20? (The Cure)
Right now, 'A Letter to Elise'.