12. Mai. 2013, 6:43
17. Jan. 2013, 2:27I was prompted to update my scrobbler this evening, assuring me that my 10.6 OSX was adequate (Snow Leopard, whut).
I was about to cry. The thought of never being able to chart my music ever again was a huge blow to my ego. I've been a user of this site for 7+ years. It's bad enough I had to delete my first account after my nephew adopted my old PC.
Thank goodness for third-party apps. Now I can continue to bludgeon you with [consults obsessed ears of the month] k-pop within a ridiculous timeframe yet to be determined.
21. Okt. 2010, 3:34I've just downloaded Postcards From A Young Man by Manic Street Preachers, but I am not yet ready to listen to it. I've saturated my ears with so much electro and pop lately that I will inevitably not give the Manics a fair shake. I've made the mistake in the past with Oasis while listening to too much Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode while listening to too much Def Leppard. I just have to be free of the junk first. I still can't believe the Manics are still out there making music. I thought for certain Lifeblood would have been their last!
For what it's worth, 2 different people have told me it's an amaaaaaaazing album. Mind you, they're still stroking their MSP boner. I quit that years ago, sadly. I still cherish them for what they have done to my life, but ya know... I don't think I'll ever get that tattoo.
22. Jun. 2010, 6:45
12. Mär. 2010, 3:05
25. Aug. 2009, 1:26I've been listening to a lot of 80s stuff this month. Can anyone refer me to a doctor or something?
19. Jul. 2009, 4:25Consider this. Here are the stats for Michael Jackson the week before he died: http://www.last.fm/music/Michael+Jackson/+charts?charttype=weekly&subtype=track&range=1244980800-1245585600
Here are the stats for the following week: http://www.last.fm/music/Michael+Jackson/+charts?charttype=weekly&subtype=track&range=1245585600-1246190400
I'm no different than the rest of the people out there, who suddenly and insatiably have been listening to MJ since his death. Everyone is scrambling to remember how amazing he was, but I never actually forgot. A couple of times a year, I would have a healthy dose of his music. I've had a framed poster of him (as cheesy as it looks) for 5 years now. So I felt like an ass when my friend Justin saw my Bad tshirt yesterday and said "You're riding on that Michael Jackson thing now too?" I'm one of his biggest fans, therefore I was loved. Appreciation was never really due for Michael Jackson. His fans are the most impassioned people I've ever seen. Borderline madness. I can't say I'd rip my hair out of scream and cry if I ever met him, but I will miss him almost as much as a close friend. It's so strange. Just like food that tastes better when it's free, music sounds so much better when it's gone. People are so much more precious when they leave. We're a bunch of selfish assholes. I wish no one would take anything for granted ever again.
If there is anyone reading this that wants to have serious, non-judgmental conversations about Michael and his music, message me.
29. Jun. 2009, 6:32Fuck. I've gotta try this. Ahem...
My 10 Favourite Michael Jackson songs (in random order):
Working Day and Night
P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
Who Is It
Leave Me Alone
...I think. Gah. Subject to change.
Earth Song gets honorable mention, for being the first MJ song to truly move me. I requested it at a roller rink when I was 12, for goodness sake.
27. Jun. 2009, 23:42Without exaggeration, part of me has died with Michael Jackson. He was responsible for my passion for music, and my belief in magic. What he did with his voice, with his art, even with his feet, was my first and greatest inspiration. Many of my fondest childhood memories include him, and the wish to be anything like him. And most of the world is indebted to him similarly. Now I'll never get to thank him. I can't believe he's gone.
-Lesia Nicolov, 2009
8. Apr. 2009, 17:04Why do bands insist on playing my most favourite songs at the beginning of their set? Talk about premature ejaculation.
And why do the tall assholes choose to stand in front of me? Talk about... assholes.