1. How did you get into 31? I discovered Bif Naked on one of my late night soporific internet-trawls. I had just discovered that I unwittingly fitted into the "straight-edge" label and Bif Naked was something of a poster girl for the movement/genre/whateveryouwanttocallit. I still don't know what I think of her.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? The first song I heard by The Vincent Black Shadow was probably Metro. Somebody mentioned that they sounded like No Doubt, and they were right.
3. What's your favourite lyric by 29? Not sure. I love the song Emotion Sickness, and the play on those words. But I'm not an obsessive Silverchair fan and I tend to listen more to the music than the lyrics of most songs. How about "Yeah, I'm a freak of nature"?
4. What is your favourite album by 49? Trickstereprocess.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? American Thighs, Blow It Out Your Ass, It's Veruca Salt, Eight Arms To Hold You, IV,Lords of Sounds and Lesser Things EP, Resolver, Victrola EP. Actually.
6. What is your favourite song by 50? This is not humanly possible for me to answer. Firstly, I was off lastfm for about a year and half, and so Amanda Palmer should really be a lot closer to number one for the amount of airtime I've given her. Secondly, if you haven't heard her music, go and listen. Then see my initial comment re. human impossibility and playing favourites.
7. Is there a song by 4 that makes you sad? A lot of music by The Cranberries makes me sad in a good way. The album No Need to Argue helped me get through high school - particularly the songs Disappointment and Daffodil Lament.
8. What is your favourite song by 15? I love White Horsie and Control, by Tadpole, but I think most of their stuff is pretty great.
9. What is your favourite song by 5? Again with the impossible question. And still with Amanda Palmer. Just go and listen to everything by The Dresden Dolls. They're all my favourite songs.
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? I love Push It by Garbage. I can't explain why it makes me so happy, but it really does.
11. What is your favourite album by 40? Darling Violetta. Haven't listened to them for a while...
12. What is your favourite song by 12? Oh gosh. Danny Elfman. If we're going with songs, I'd have to profess a great adoration for Mystic Knights Of the Oingo Boingo, and the soundtrack to Forbidden Zone. Also, Little Girls is hilarious and other stuff by Oingo Boingo is well worth knowing about. Oh, and Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, and pretty much everything else he's ever done, song and score-wise. I don't like this "favourite song" question.
13. What is a good memory you have involving 33? Using Quintessentially Unreal as a teaching tool for one of my students and seeing her get inspired by new music.
14. What is your favourite song by 37? I'm not going to even try to answer this question any more. I love Metric's catalogue too much to play favourites.
15. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy? This is ironic. Actually, yes. Mister Superstar. Also, I love Marilyn Manson's cover of "This Is Halloween". Brilliant.
16. How many times have you seen 24 live? Queen Adreena? Never, but I bet it would be a night to remember...
17. What is the first song you ever heard by 17? Quite possibly It's Oh So Quiet, though I can't be certain.
18. What is your favourite album by 11? If I HAD TO HAD TO HAD TO choose one, maybe Soviet Kitsch. No wait, Begin to Hope. No, wait... I don't know.
20. Have you ever seen 14 live? Poe? No.
21. What is a good memory involving 21? I've seen Muse live, twice. Very good memories indeed.
22. What is your favourite song by 16? Linda Perry is worth dedicating quality listening time to, because she writes damn good songs. Her solo albums are amazing.
23. What is the first song you ever heard by 47? Haha well, I was a HUGE No Doubt fan already, and from memory I decided to Do The Right Thing and not grab the illegal leaks of Gwen Stefani's first solo effort, LAMB, before it came out. So it was probably What You Waiting For?.
24. What is your favourite album by 45? I'm embarrassed to say I don't own nearly enough of Tori Amos's albums to make an informed decision.
25. What is your favourite song by 18? Well, a stand-out track by Alanis Morissette, for me, is The Couch.
26. What is the first song you ever heard by 38? I don't know. Probably whatever the first single from Frank was.
27. What is your favourite lyric by 3? Haha aside from the banter between songs at the live shows? Oh, there are some gems... How about ... what the heck I'll just quote the whole thing:
I'm so fucking, fucking, fucking, hot!
I know you are, babe.
No, it's quite hot in here.
Are you stupid?
It is the nature of my glass house.
Oh fabulous, here's Matthew and Bjork.
Vincent, Polly - Good to see you.
I'm so excited!
I've never been on such an artistic and exclusive double date before.
The erotic reawakening that Matthew has brought about in me...
He's opened up a lot of plebeian activities that I've not... experienced before now. I'm loving it, to do these things that aren't necessarily elfin...
Yea, Bjork, whatever.
I just wanna know when you two get down, who's wearing the clovenhoof strap-on?
Vincent! How rude!
Could I weigh any less? I'm really quite shy in my way, but I like to take on characters for performing with the use of make-up. Eye make-up and lipstick and--some more lipstick -- it's really quite transformative! And when I throw up everything I've just eaten then I feel--
Oh to throw up -- It means what?
Also, everybody, what is the definition of disingenuous?
I want to know so many things.
I've got a lot of money for designer clothes.
I can just trudge through the desert getting my Comme des Garзons skirt all dirty and dusty...
It don't matter.
If hopping into a live volcano feels right, I say do it.
I say, khaki chinos are fine with me on the downtime, but what do you kids say to a picnic?
I've got the basket in the bentley...
We could play some touch football, what do you say?
Hey, yeah, Matthew, we're both hot former football players
I know Bjork can fight like a motherfucker, but Polly would snap-- like a twig--under the smallest tackle
let's put her on a hook and do some minnow fishing
Oh look, she's banging her head against the wall!... and Bjork's recording it
The rhythm! It moves my insides like sunshine jelly!
Isn't she a darling thing?
When she says 'jelly' it makes me think of someone's ass, and then I think--
How dare you, sir! That's my childwoman you're speaking of!
Matthew, I didn't say Bjork.
I'm just thinking of any ass.
Not even necessarily a woman, it could be my own ass.
Like my ass is--
Vincent you are an ass!
You are an ass!
What about my ass?
It's hard from sports
This repulsive celebrity double date has been brought to you by the Church of the Latter Day Saints.
-- PJ + Vincent & Matthew + Bjork.
28. What is your favourite song by 2? Impossible question. I love too many No Doubt songs too much to pick one.
29. What was the first song you ever heard by 32? I think it might've been Academia.
30. What is your favourite song by 8? Annoying question again. I think that the whole album, The Open Door, is brilliant.
31. How many times have you seen 17 live? Björk? Oh, I wish...
32. Is there a song by 44 that makes you happy? All Alone Am I is a sad song that makes me happy. I love the harmonic progressions in this song.
33. What is your favourite album by 9? No. Not doing it. I need BOTH When The Pawn... AND Extraordinary Machine.
34. What is the worst song by 46? Hmm... I tend to skip to my favourites by Catatonia and there's nothing I can think of that stands out to me as obviously "worse" than the other songs.
35. What was the first song you ever heard by 34? Non Je Ne Regrette Rien. Love it.
36. What is your favourite album by 42? I'd have to say Hell Yeah by Horrorpops.
37. How many times have you seen 39 live? Sadly, I'll probably never get to see Pretty Balanced live. Although I suppose there is a chance for The Alphabet or The Sneaky Mister.
38. What is your favourite album by 35? I'd have to make that a double album, special edition of My Iron Lung and OK Computer.
39. What was the first song you ever heard by 28? Probably Backmaskwarning!. But I think most of their stuff is genius.
40. What is your favourite album by 7? Opheliac. Amazing.