1. What are you listening to right now?A Bench and Coffee
2. What song makes you sad?
Anything by hide
, The Last Unicorn
, and Farewell song
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?Over and Over
4. Your all time favorite band?
That's a hard one. I'd have to say... Fall Out Boy
or Do As Infinity
. The Hush Sound
is getting there. Maybe one more incredible album like Like Vines
and So Sudden
and we'll have a tie.
5. Your newly discovered band is?Maria
. I love bands with girls for the lead singer. And I think both of those bands are compromised of nothing but girls, but still. Oh, and Ore Ska Band
too. Their style is great.
6. Best female voice?Myco
, sakamoto maaya
or Yuna Ito
. They all make really different music. myco has the most dintinctive voice of any singer I've ever heard in my life. It's beautiful. I just wish that she would release some new stuff soon. It's been too long, but I have a feeling something will come out soon. I hope, anyways, because I really miss her. Maaya's voice is more angelic sounding, and her music really plays to that strength (having kanno youko
backing you up a lot of the time doesn't hurt either), and Yuna's is more Mariah Carey
-esque. Actually, I think she listened to her when she was growing up. I may have read that somewhere. Who knows.
7. Best male voice?GACKT
. Hands down. The man is a musical genius to boot.
8. Music types you find yourself listening to most?
Jpop, Jrock, Alternative (call it what you want), Pop
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?God Knows...
really gets me going. Porno Graffiti
makes me want to jump up and down. Samurai Blue
is one of my favorite songs and it gets me really pumped up. Win-win (win).
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?YUI
's music is so soothing. It can put me to sleep. Some of GARNET CROW
's slower things, as well as Yuna Ito
and Nakashima Mika
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
Black Clouds & Underdogs. Fall Out Boy
, The All-American Rejects
, Hawthorne Heights
, From First to Last
, and The Hush Sound
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now. The Hush Sound
, Do As Infinity
. I'm also enamoured with ayumi hamasaki
. So let's just throw her in there. Because these questions seem to be geared toward bands, and I really listen mostly to solo artists.
13. Most hated band?Linkin Park
. So obnoxious. x[ I don't hate them however, I just don't care for their songs.
14. Song that makes you think?chouwa
and anything composed by Yoshiki
on Eternal Melody II
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?Changin' My Life
. The latter being the ex-vocalist of the former. myco's voice is incredible. I mean. Really, really
incredible. Also, Nanamusica
16. Coolest music video?I Write Sins Not Tradgedies
. It makes me so vair vair happy. The circus-folk are delightfully frightening. And I cannot spell that word at all.
17. Music video with the most babe watch?
What does that even mean?
18. What do you play/would you play in the bedroom to spice things up?
Um. I don't know. Maybe WANT ME, WANT ME
19. Can you play a musical instrument?
I can play simple piano and I used to be able to play the violin.
20. Ever been in a mosh pit?
Nope. I'd probably get killed. I'm such a push over. Like... I'd probably get pushed over.
21. Are you in a band?
23. Ever dated a musician?
That'd be fun. I'd like to.
28. Do you wish yourself that you were a musician?
Yes. I wish I played the drums.
29. Best chick band you know of?
I already talked about them, didn't I. Maria
. Although, I would like more of both of their music.
31. Last song that you heard on the radio/cd...etc...?
I believe it was that new JoJo
song on the radio. I don't really know the name, only that it's really, really catchy.
32. What do you think of Classical music?
I used to hate it, and I always told my mom I disliked it the mornings she drove me to school so she'd let me listen to Kidd raddick on 106.1, but in reality I love it (now). Especially YOSHIKI's CD that I mentioned earlier (I think), as well as a lot of other things. I think the Fantasia movies really convinced me that it wasn't only for old people.
33. What do you think of Country music?
I like it a lot, but I mostly only listen to it when I'm in Montana. I was really obsessed with Shania Twain
a while back. Summer Girl
was the theme song for this last summer. It makes me happy every time I listen to it. Of course, I have an amazing amount of love for Rascal Flatts
. They're amazing. Skin
is one of my favorite songs.
34. What do you think of Death metal?
It's just not for me. It's supercool if you like it, but it'll never show up on my charts. Or at least I assume so... you never know how people's tastes change...may
35. Last BIG band that you saw live?
Well I think Fall Out Boy
and The All-American Rejects
count as pretty 'BIG' artists. Before that would have to be JT & Xtina a while back there.
36. Are you a groupie?
Sure, why not. :3
37. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
If you can't tell that I do
, then there's something quite wrong here. About half of my music is in Japanese. And I like a lot of Korean music, as well as a smattering of Chinese artists.
38. What famous musician would you like to f***!?
How vulgar. The answer, however, is Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy
and Tetsu of TETSU69
(that makes me laugh) and L'Arc~en~Ciel
39. Worst concert moment?
The kids behind us at the BC&UD concert were really (fat) and obnoxious. They were meanies.
40. Funny concert moment?
Maybe Peter/Joe falling over. Greatness.
41. Sad concert moment?
This question is baffling.
42. Best local act you can think of?
No idea. I fail. I apologize. Unless local act means someone located across the pond (and we're not talking that place where Shakespeare is from) then I have no idea.
43. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
A flute (according to Ian)
44. Do you listen to the radio?
Only when I'm driving. Not counting the Last.fm radio. ^.^
45. Do you watch music TV?
Not really. Sometimes I watch the international music channel, hoping they'll play Japanese music. They never do.
46. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
Not the Billboard and such. The Japanese charts (Oricon), however, I follow pretty closely. Except right now, when my
computer is broken and I have to use my dad's laptop. T-T
47. Have you ever met any famous musicians?
Unfortunately. No. Only in my dreams.
48. Are any of your friends/family/etc. musicians?
Not unless they aren't telling me.
49. Song that best describes your feelings right now?Kanashimi wo Yasashisa ni
. Hands down. Even the title just about sums it up.
50. Song that describes your life?New Future
or ETERNAL SNOW
. Both by the same artist. Both incredible. Both the stories of my life. The first is the happy version, the second the sad version.
51. Do you know the names of all the band members that you listen to?
Depends how much I like them.
52. Does a musician's physical attractiveness play a role in the music that you listen to?
No, but sometimes it's fun to listen to pretty boys who can sing well too. But even if they weren't pretty, I know I'd still listen to them.
53. What famous musician do you want to marry?GACKT
. I would marry him a thousand times.
54. Favourite movie sound track?Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
. Especially the last track, He's A Pirate
, and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
. Great album. I love all the songs on it. Although I generally skip the scary ones, unless I'm in that kind of mood (a scary mood..?)
55. Any musician pet peeves?
When artists show no variety on their albums. If you can only makes songs that sound alike, then release a single, quit the music buisness and go study music somewhere far away until you have some kind of talent.
56. What do your parents listen to?
My mom likes a lot of old stuff that she (I assume) listened to when she was growing up like Jimi Hendrix
and Eric Clapton
57. What are you listening to right NOW?My Destiny (acoustic version
58. Do you wear band T-shirts?
I just have two Fall Out Boy
shirts from the concert. I find myself wearing them quite a bit, but only because I basically only wear T-shirts.
59. What do you think of people who do?
No big. If you like the band, why not show your support.
60. What music sub-culture do you feel like you belong to?
Jindies or Jhip-hop. Which really aren't subcultures. But I still belong. Because I'm a psycho.
61. What song is stuck in your head right now?Atlantis Princess
. It is so catchy. And I have much love for Boa
. She's adorable and I wish she had been Cho Chang in Harry Potter GoF.
62. Do you sing in the shower?
I'm technically always singing. Off-key and (often) very loudly and badly.
63. If so, what? If not, why not?
I sing whatever I've been listening to before I get in the shower, or whatever is playing while I'm in it on my CD player (located dangerously on the counter).
64. Would you rather marry a musician or be one yourself?
Either, really. Marrying one is much more likely.
65. How important is your partners taste in music to you?
Not really important, but it's always nice to have one more thing to talk (awkwardly) about.