|Florence + the Machine – Hiding - Bonus Track||gestern Nachmittag|
|Florence + the Machine – Mother||gestern Nachmittag|
||Florence + the Machine – St Jude||gestern Nachmittag|
|Florence + the Machine – Third Eye||gestern Nachmittag|
|Florence + the Machine – Caught||gestern Nachmittag|
|Florence + the Machine – Long & Lost||gestern Nachmittag|
|Florence + the Machine – Delilah||gestern Nachmittag|
|Florence + the Machine – Various Storms & Saints||gestern Nachmittag|
|Florence + the Machine – Queen of Peace||gestern Nachmittag|
|Florence + the Machine – How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful||gestern Nachmittag|
Yes, I have ovaries and I enjoy progressive music. Deal with it!
Well, what can I say, really? Over the past two years I've found my musical tastes slipping away from those of my RL friends into the deep dark corner where Prog resides. It started off with my father's Pink Floyd collection, all those years ago. There were several years and several band obsessions until, years later, bitter and jaded and fed up with working as a music journalist I discovered a recently released album I'd been given by a press office but neglected to listen to. Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet. It was the night before I went on holiday and I was enthralled. I copied it onto my MP3 player and listened to it once a day religiously throughout the holiday, savouring it and devouring it, enjoying the feeling of my love of music starting to be rekindled once more.
Since then, I've gathered the rest of their back catalogue, found albums and songs and feelings I know I shall never be without now. I've seen them live five times, travelled 145 miles to watch them play, felt tears sting my eyes hearing Stars Die live, felt the sting of a tattoo gun as that song became part of who I am forever. A wild and passionate love affair, but I began to feel as though I was ready to cheat on Porcupine Tree...
So, I began to look elsewhere to get my prog fix. Riverside, The Pineapple Thief, Pure Reason Revolution....Gazpacho. Ah, Gazpacho... words can't express... a thousand miles this summer to see them play live. It was worth every second.
This modern progressive rock is taking over my computer and my CD racks and I do not care. I don't care any more that my friends don't have a clue who I am talking about when I enthuse over my latest progressive find, I don't care that I have only dipped my toe in this progressive ocean, that sometimes feel like the youngest person at a gig, that often the rest of the women at gigs seem to have just been dragged along by their partners. Nothing matters when the lights come up and I lose myself in the music.
I've finally found my place in music and I have discovered happiness in its most pure form: lying in bed at night, a fantastic album on loud, deafening all thoughts, beauty flowing over my prone form like holy water, cleansing and purifying and washing over my soul in waves of complexities.
This truly is happiness.
Music is the key out of your life. Never forget the beauty found within those sounds.
- kiiabby besucht Steven Wilson in Royal Albert Hall. Juli 2013
- kiiabby besucht Five Years of Kscope Evening Two in The Garage. Juli 2013
- kiiabby besucht Five Years of Kscope Evening One in The Garage. Juli 2013
- kiiabby besucht 8. Night of the Prog in Freilichtbühne Loreley. Juli 2013
- kiiabby hat Muse in Freilichtbühne Loreley einen Shout hinterlassen. Juli 2013
- kiiabby hat eine gelöschte Gruppe verlassen. Juni 2013
- kiiabby hat Muse in Freilichtbühne Loreley einen Shout hinterlassen. Januar 2013
- colinROE und kiiabby sind jetzt Freunde. November 2012
- kiiabby hat Gazpacho einen Shout hinterlassen. November 2012
- kiiabby hat Opeth in Pyramids Centre einen Shout hinterlassen. November 2012
- People with no social lives that listen to more music than is healthy who are… 48.049 Mitglieder
- People who listen to music while they're sleeping, especially at times when they… 44.733 Mitglieder
- Pink Floyd 20.293 Mitglieder
- radiohead 16.084 Mitglieder
- Livejournalers 6.939 Mitglieder