1. Way to Normal
4. You Don't Know Me (ft Missy Higgins)
5. Annie Waits
6. Lovesick Diagnostician
7. Dr. Yang
10. You to Thank
11. The Frown Song
12. Kylie from Connecticut
14. Free Coffee
15. Free Coffee Town
16. The Bitch Went Nuts
17. Zak and Sara
18. The Bitch Went Nutz
-------- encore ----------
19. Long Tall Texan
21. Still Fighting It
22. A Cowboy Needs (improvised)
24. Where's Summer B.?
-------- solo ------------
26. Jackson Cannery
27. Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (holy fuck)
28. Alice Childress
------- band back -------
29. Philosophy -> Inc. Misirilou
30. On My Saddle (improvised)
31. The Frowne Song (Feeble Anthem)
-------2nd encore ------
32. One Angry Dwarf
the audience sucked for the first half of the show. they talked all throughout his set.
- in fact, Kylie was supposed to be recorded for iTunes, but according to Ben, "y'all won't be immortalized on iTunes because the audience was too fucking loud." Cry.
- ben was trying to give back story to Bitch Went Nutz and had to start the story over 4 times because douche bags kept interrupting.
- there were quite a few yells for RtB and BAS. :-(
- ben shooed the band all of the stage after Summer B. that seemed unexpected to them, which i later found out to be true. as the encore was supposed to consist of Jesusland, Rockin' the Suburbs, Army, Not the Same, etc. soooooooo glad he strayed.
- some guy next to me yelled Jane, so ben played it. this prompted him to have requests yelled. i knew i wasn't going to be heard, so i raised my hand and ben came to the edge of the stage near me. still couldn't hear me, so he jumped down and stuck his ear in my face. i, of course, used this opportunity to request Girl! he sort of shook his head and got back up on stage. i think he was trying to remember the song because he decided to play Jackson Cannery first. chills... oh, Girl. he didn't get through the whole thing cause he forgot the rest, but it was enough for me. got a good giggle out of the audience too. i got it on video.
my personal favorite part of this story has yet to come though.
after the show, i talked to sam for a while. jared was missing.
then... ben came out! i wasn't expecting that with such a long set, but there he was. when he saw me, he said, "hey, you! i know you! *gives me a hug* you're mel, right?" ummm... yeah! that was fucking awesome. we spent a time talking about voting and some other random things i was too giddy to store in my memory.
oh, ben folds. you kick all kinds of ass, sir.