24. Sep. 2007, 14:18Podarces is preparing a record session with Duo Aksak, a contemporary classical flûte and piano duet. The duet will come especially to Paris to make some concerts and be recorded by Podarces in November 2007.
31. Dez. 2006, 7:03A very anonying experience:
* last weeek: I buy a lot of CDs, that's a fact..
* afternoon: I bought a CD that was "copy protected"
* evening: I put it on my hifi CD player and the player tells
"Error: Unfinalized CD"
* night: Oh i cannot listen to music with my hi-fi chain... ah... ok... turn on the radio, with anger...
* second day: I take my old computer
* morning: I put the "copy protected" CD in it and wait.. fortunately, The CD does not mounts: i can access to the CD because i do not have the "required software configuration" (yes, again paradoxal)
* noon: I raw copy all tracs and make my CD clone
afternoon: My engraved clone works on my Hi-fi chain.
So: a (strong) "copy protected" that i cannot listen on the standard hi-fi and that i actually have to copy and clone (in about 3 clicks) in order to lisen it... we are in a fantastic world.
Anyway, i still have the guenine cover, but inside the plate is mine.
12. Dez. 2006, 16:45i recently heard the "programmed piano" from kruhft.
i had _pleasure_ both to hear those (as far as i can tell) semi-conducted and wandering notes from the piano, and also to have _fun being introduced to the CLM_ by learning as a child the lisp code fragment written on the disc cover.
thank you, so.
15. Jan. 2006, 23:51while trying to find free music of independant artists through http://google.com, i was very disapointed that google does not (yet?) parse multimedia file tags (e.g: ogg / id3 / mkv ...) in order to search artists name and copyright of music distributed over the web. So, it could be a very exciting project to make a multimedia search engine that parses and caches and store file tags...
in the hope this could help to discover new artists and promote them, here is my current search page:
Be aware that you must previously be sure the artist's copyright is not infriged when you download their music.
14. Jan. 2006, 16:31Gretchen Lieberum has released 3 albums along with her arranger and pianist Jacob Eliah Aginsky. She has a marvelous voice and her music, mainly in acid-jazz style, is a pleasure to listen. It tastes like a good Bordeaux red wine. She has a warm warm voice.
Her first album 3 A.M. released in 1999 was a nice acid-jazz one. Her second album Brand New Morning was more electro-jazz. Her last album Siren Songs comfort her particular style merging jazz and electronic arrangements. I hope she will give concerts in Europe.
Her last album: http://cdbaby.com/cd/lieberum
14. Jan. 2006, 2:16Guitarists Brett Garsed and T.J. Helmerich have released a nice album with Paul Chambers and several other fine musicians, called Uncle Moe's Space Ranch (here taged as an artist). This album is really a great jazz-rock disc and a good way to discover the Brett Garsed - T.J. Helmerich duo who made several rock and fusion recordings.
13. Jan. 2006, 20:22In year 2005, the ONJ (National Jazz French Orchestra) had a new artistic director : Franck Tortiller.
Their new record 'Close to Heaven' featuring Xavier Garcia (sampler/keyboards) is a tribute to Led Zeppelin's work.
Franck is both a vibraphone player and a composer.
In year 2004, he began to write jazz versions of original
Led Zeppelin's best tunes and proposed the orchestra to play them.
This disc has been recorded with:
Franck Tortiller (vibraphone),
Patric Héral (percussions, voice),
Yves Torchinsky (double-bass),
David Pourradier-Duteil (drums),
Eric Séva (saxophones),
Jean-Louis Pommier (trombone),
Vincent Limouzin (percussions),
Michel Marre (tuba, flugelhorn),
Jean Gobinet (trumpet),
and Xavier Garcia (keyboards, samples).
13. Jan. 2006, 19:51Franck Tortiller is a fine vibraphone player and a composer (mainly in the jazz style).
His album Vitis vinifera has been mainly written for a string quartet and solo instruments like vibraphone, cello or trumpet, and a rythmic section (drums and double-bass).
His music is really fine, very sensitive and intimate.
Since year 2005, Franck tortiller is the artistical director of the ONJ (the national french jazz orchestra).