BRUCE FTW! That is all.
24. Apr. 2009, 12:41Wed 22 Apr – Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
BRUCE FTW! That is all.
12. Feb. 2007, 4:33Find the number of listeners for your top 20 artists...
01. Opeth - 104,844
02. The Bobs - 682
03. Dream Theater - 143,728
04. Evergrey - 35,683
05. Porcupine Tree - 80,703
06. Ayreon - 41,451
07. Journey - 92,584
08. Strapping Young Lad - 44,065
09. Blind Guardian - 96,946
10. Nightwish - 166,635
11. Dream Evil - 19,181
12. U2 - 421,881
13. E.S. Posthumus - 8,598
14. Harry Nilsson - 40,207
15. lourdes pita - 7
16. Devil Doll - 3,444
17. Apocalyptica - 137,710
18. Sonata Arctica - 90,251
19. Stratovarius - 59,904
20. Riverside - 15,155
Divide by 20.
Divide by number of Radiohead listeners.
Multiply by 100 & round, if necessary.
12.86% Mainstream Nice
9. Jan. 2007, 14:40Last year as I was driving around with The Bobs I discovered what I think is my most odd musical love, modern brutal death metal. I love metal and all the trimmings, but usually I find myself leaning towards the melodic sub-genres like power metal, progressive metal, traditional, etc, but for some reason I can’t get enough of brutal death. It’s like a strange love affair. At least that’s what I like to call it. I can’t figure out why I love it so much. In a strange way, it’s like my image of comfort food, the guitars and growls are so tuned down that it’s like eating warm bread. Then on top of that, everyone else can’t stand it. And then the song titles are so ridiculous and offensive, it makes the music hilarious at the same time. It’s fun.
Bands like: Vomit Remnants, or Aborted, or Creative Waste, or Corpsefucking Art, or my personal favorite Bound & Gagged.
Someone explain to me why it's so awesome!
7. Jan. 2007, 17:0510,000 Years
Why am I addicted to this song? Maybe it's a metal version of Amazing Grace? Maybe because it's catchy as all hell? Hell for a Christian metal/rock band?
...and Weak II
I learned that the singer for Riverside was involved with this band, I had to check them out. And considering they have a strange lineup of instruments, I figured they'd be interesting. They frickin rock!
A woman-fronted metal band that isn't all sweet and innocent, that's Amaran. This song isn't their best, but damn it's catchy and powerful.
Shape of My Heart
My metal cred is definitely on the line for this song, but say what you want about them and how they suck, but they're so damn catchy, and I'm a sucker for uber catchy, overly produced pop ballads.
Don't Take Me Wrong
I'm not really addicted to this song, but the band name is the best metal band name ever!
Don't Worry Baby
This song really speaks to me. I'm a worrier. And the Beach Boys rule, and it's not exactly the first song that comes to mind for most people when they think Beach Boys.
Democracy Is Dead
So I'm writing a review for this band for Performer Magazine. They're pretty awesome actually. Not a huge hardcore fan, but these guys are really good. This song is political and catchy. And the vocalists are rappers, kinda System of a Down meets Nas?
Seize the Dream
Another artist I'm reviewing. Definitely at 180˚ turn from Dead By Wednesday, a folk pop artist lourdes pita is. Pretty good, I haven't listened to it enough to formulate a true opinion, but I like this song.
Imaginations from the Other Side
To make sure my metal-ness isn't totally questioned. Blind Fuckin' Guardian. This song is amazing, epic, fast, powerful, catchy, all the aspects I love about metal. They are truly one of the best metal bands out there.
Return To The Planet Of The Funk
The funkiest Star Trek themed song ever. Need I say more?
The closest thing to a metal No Doubt song.
So catchy... Can't... Get... It... Out... of My... Head!
That's all for now!
4. Dez. 2006, 5:41For some reason my scrobbler thing wasn't working. Now for some reason, it works again. Not sure why, but it's nice to have this back again!
And of course, I start things off with Blind Guardian!
19. Jul. 2006, 1:47Say what you want about Korn, whether they suck or not.
Gosh darnit!, "Thoughtless" is too damn catchy!
12. Okt. 2005, 14:40I must be the only metal fan who also listens to cowboy music!
9. Okt. 2005, 22:37I discovered today that Journey had released a new album this week. I literally got up from what I was doing and bought it. Well four hours after I learned this fact (I was doing homework).
Haven't listened to the entire thing yet. Yet the first song is frickin awesome. Epic and awesome! And the clips I've heard of the rest of the album sound fantastic. Can't wait to indulge myself!
13. Aug. 2005, 13:15Afroman Why am I listening to Afroman?!
July For Kings now.