28. Apr. 2015, 5:22
16. Feb. 2015, 19:26Sat 14 Feb – Hundred Waters, Moses Sumney
Moses opened the night with a crisp, moody set using his guitar and looped vocal instrumentation to woo the crowd into a silent sway. His charisma and artistic chops left the audience extremely pleased.
Hundred Waters followed up with an entrancing set of spacious electro indie pop. The dynamics of their performance created a tension which kept the audience guessing and entertained. The performance centered around the frontwoman's vocals which were complemented by the tactful, sparse instrumentaion of her bandmates.
8. Feb. 2015, 23:26Sat 7 Feb – Ariel Pink, Jack Name
Ariel put on a sufficiently weird show at this historic SF venue. Almost exclusively playing tracks from his new album pom pom, he employed a number of vocal effects and deviations from the studio recording.
6. Feb. 2015, 4:52Tue 3 Feb – Weyes Blood / Mary Lattimore
Wyes Blood provided a charmingly haunting vocal performance accompanied by Mary Lattimore on the harp. The sparse attendance allowed for an intimate experience as Weyes Blood was engaging with the crowd and dancing during the opening acts.
6. Feb. 2015, 4:45Thu 29 Jan – Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat, Once and Future Band
Rowdy garage rock show complete with a consistent mosh pit, performer-encouraged crowd surfing, and catchy danceable tunes. Got what I signed up for.
3. Jan. 2015, 21:15Mon 29 Dec – Starfucker, Blackbird Blackbird
Blackbird Blackbird opened the night by playing guitar over beats produced by his MacBook and singing some dreamy electropop vocals. Starfucker made use of confetti and stoked the crowd's affection for their catchy synthpop dance numbers.
3. Jan. 2015, 19:23Fri 2 Jan – Pity Sex, Whirr, Happy Diving
Pity Sex stole the show with a heart warming indie pop set. Whirr blasted a heavy distortion vortex at the crowd.
28. Dez. 2014, 21:54Sat 27 Dec – Andre Nickatina
Andre put on a fun show for longtime Bay Area rap fans. People were rapping along with him to his catalog of classics.
7. Okt. 2014, 2:58Wed 1 Oct – Ought
I felt privileged to see these guys with such a small crowd. Great live show!
7. Okt. 2014, 1:04Sun 5 Oct – The New Pornographers, The Pains of Being Pure At Heart
Sound system was pretty muddy and it was hard to make out distinct instruments, mics screeching during The Pains set. The bands were really nice people but I didn't think the music was very provocative and I left unimpressed by the sounds. I like The Pains first two records though, check them out if you haven't.