1. Aug. 2011, 15:45Head over to the Last.fm DJ Team Mixcloud page and check out some mixes from the team at Last.fm
13. Nov. 2010, 21:41Here's a little mix I've put together showcasing the diversity of music generally tagged as dubstep, post dubstep, or future garage. Ok so the mixing isn't flawless but its done live...hope you enjoy!
Play on mixcloud
Submotion Orchestra - Sunshine
James Blake - Klavierwerke
Darkstar - Deadless
Riya - The Cycle
Jack Sparrow - Loveless
Pariah - Orpheus
Joy Orbison- So Derobe
Ramadanman - Glut
Roska & Untold - Myth
Spatial - 100402
Joe - Claptrap
Ramadanman - Work Them
Girl Unit - Wut
Silkie - 80's Baby
Eleven Tigers - Atomic Turnip
King Midas Sound - Frequencies
quest - Eden
23. Jul. 2010, 15:22Its that time of the year when the Mercury Music Prize nominations are announced. I could easily criticise the shortlist - for a start where is the excellent There Is Love in You by Four Tet? But I can't be too critical of a bunch of LPs I've never heard, so today I've been ploughing through as many as possible...Checked out Foals, Paul Weller, Villagers, I Am Kloot, and Biffy Clyro this morning without too much track skipping; Mumford And Sons, Laura Marling and The xx so far this afternoon. Nothing has really stood out as being particularly fresh and inspiring in my opinion - there are nice moments on the Mumford and Laura Marling LPs (although these are both in a similar vein so it was a bit much back to back) and I can see the appeal of Foals...The XX are favourites to scoop the prizee and I do really like some of the tunes (e.g. Fantasy) but I'm still not 100% convinced they deserve all the plaudits they are getting...Will add to this post once I've listened to Dizzee Rascal, Corinne Bailey Rae, Wild Beasts and the Kit Downes Trio (not available on Spotify so this could be an issue, but as the token jazz album this is likely to be my favourite of the bunch!)
23. Jul. 2010, 15:04There's always cool new music to discover on Last.fm, I just found this nice little function for seeing what artists your friends have discovered recently
21. Jul. 2010, 11:55The audio yearbook for this year’s Academy edition is finally here: Various Assets – Not For Sale: Red Bull Music Academy London 2010 boasts 41 exclusive collaborations by participants and lecturers from more than 30 countries.
Full story and download link
15. Jul. 2010, 10:01
Incredible visual journey, I love the mash up of animation and live action.
14. Jul. 2010, 15:36Had a fantastic time at Garden festival in Croatia recently, personal highlights we're Breakestra featuring Charli 2na, a DJ set by Bonobo, an epic 4hr set from Mr Scruff and the most incredible Goodtimes boat party with Sir Norman Jay spinning tunes and Charli 2Na freestyling!
The legendary Mr Scruff has kindly shared his set on soundcloud: Mr Scruff at Garden festival 2010
23. Jun. 2010, 9:25Ramadanman is smashing it at the moment, here's a tidy mix he's put together for the [event=]Bestival[/event] blog http://www.bestiblog.net/2010/06/bestimix-23-ramadanman.html
2. Jun. 2010, 10:05Cool concept for a club night!
20. Mai. 2010, 8:54Many TV ads have become memorable thanks to their choice of music - two that made me actually pay attention to the telly recently are the O2 ad featuring The Red by Jaylib (absolutely clasic Dilla and Madlib beat) and the new Peugeot TT ( I mean RCZ but it does look like a TT!) ad, which sounds like a Joy Orbisson tune, but is by Benjamin Lebeau, Léo Copet and Guillaume Brière.
Both seem to get more comments about the music than the products though...