24. Jul. 2008, 1:42
16. Sep. 2007, 0:47
19. Mai. 2007, 11:12I thought this might be funAnimal Collective Architecture in Helsinki Beck Belle and Sebastian Blur Bright Eyes Broken Social Scene Cat Power Coldplay David Bowie Death Cab for Cutie Devendra Banhart Eels Elliott Smith Foo Fighters Franz Ferdinand Hot Hot Heat Incubus Iron & Wine Joy Division Modest Mouse Mogwai Muse Nick Drake Oasis Pixies Queens of the Stone Age R.E.M. Red Hot Chili Peppers Sigur Rós Snow Patrol Sonic Youth Spoon TV on the Radio The Clash The Cure The Flaming Lips The Go! Team The Killers The Mars Volta The New Pornographers The Postal Service The Rolling Stones The Velvet Underground The Walkmen U2 Weezer Wilco Yeah Yeah Yeahs Yo La Tengo
9. Mai. 2007, 23:36The Shape of Punk to Come
This my favorite album and I thought I should write a journal entry on it because I haven't wrote one for a while.
I honestly believe that this is the greatest piece of music that has ever been created. Even better than the Macho Mans rap album. 12 tracks of pure awesome bursting out of the speakers. There isn't one bad track on the album unless you count the last 30 seconds of Refused Party Program.
Here's a youtube video
I think you would agree, pretty awesome. Although New Noise is the most popular track according to Last.Fm, it's nowhere near the best but a million people can't be wrong.
Personally I would go with Summerholiday vs. Punkroutine as the best song on the album.
Anybody who has listened to this album and doesn't like it must be some sort of farm boy. In which case I recommend listening again as their opinion is clearly wrong. WRONG
If anybody has any recommendations for a hardcore album that comes anywhere close to this album then please tell.
7. Okt. 2006, 21:29Finally hit 20,000 tracks played
Track #20000 was Ballad of a Thin Man
I will also comment on my top 10 artists for my later amusement
1. Radiohead - have been top forever
2. Tool - yeah Tool
3. Pavement - will probably be number 1 eventually
4. Brand New - waiting for the new album
5. Pink Floyd - these guys with their wacky songs
6. The Shins - Caring is Creepy is offcially the 2nd worst song ever
7. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! - i want a new album please
8. Neutral Milk Hotel - JUST AWESOME
9. Interpol - my best friend is from poland um
10. Sufjan Stevens - he has very long song titles
My top 10 songs
1. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth - I will never stop listening!!
2. Augie March - Sunstroke House - I do like this song yes
3. The White Stripes - The Union Forever - IT'S ABOUT CITIZEN KANE WHICH IS A GOOD MOVIE SO I'M TOLD
4. Neutral Milk Hotel - Two-Headed Boy, Part Two - this be a good song
5. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb - best guitar solo ever and I will take no argument on the issue
6. Doves - Black and White Town - I havn't listened to this for a while
7. Pavement - Silence Kit - yarr
8. Hank Williams Jr. - A Country Boy Can Survive - I will stop listening when Hughes loses
8. Pearl Jam - Alive - I'M ALIVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
10.Pavement - Cut Your Hair - they don't want no big hair
I will listen to Pavement way too much
4. Jan. 2006, 11:31Heres a list of all the music that got me through 2005 in one way or another.
Although it's a bit long and could of been cut into 2 albums, there's some incredible songs on the album and I'll be still be finding gems as I listen to it again.
Took me a long time to get into it but when I did wow. Every song on the album is fantastic but especially 'The Hand That Rocks the Cradle'
Wish You Were Here
The thing as a whole is fantastic altough Welcome to the Machine grinds a bit.
Again like Wish You Were Here, the album as a whole is amazing and I couldn't stop listening to it.
Relationship of Command
Only started listening to this before Christmas but I loved it so much I've included it. Will be probably be listening to it through 2006.
The first Radiohead album I've enjoyed all the way through (except Treefingers but nobody does).
Chutes Too Narrow
I listened to it whilst revising for my exams this summer and it drove me quite mad. Looking forward to the new album.
The only album I probably listened to every month of the year and am still loving it. I listened to Ænima just as much but I included Lateralus as it's a better album as a whole although the individual tracks on Ænima are better.
2. Jan. 2006, 0:32Top Artists for December
1. The Smiths 119
2. Gorillaz 98
3. At the Drive-In 65
4. Explosions in the Sky 47
5. Radiohead 34
6. The Velvet Underground 32
6. The Arcade Fire 32
8. The Beatles 28
9. U2 25 124
9. Deerhoof 25
Top Albums for December
Relationship of Command
The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place
5. Dez. 2005, 19:34
31. Okt. 2005, 18:28Top Artists for October
1. Wolf Parade 108 - great album
2. Deerhoof 96 - new album is pretty awesome
3. Tool 68
4. Interpol 64
5. The Beatles 50 - Sgt Pepper mostly
6. Franz Ferdinand 47 - new album
7. The Boy Least Likely To 38 - started to like again
8. The Strokes 35 - mostly the leaked tracks
9. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah 34
Favourite Albums for October
The Best Party Ever
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Apologies to the Queen Mary
2. Okt. 2005, 22:55Top Artists For September
1. Sufjan Stevens 163 - discovered some gems lower down the track list
2. Radiohead 102 - didn't think I even liked Radiohead
3. Jeff Buckley 63 - awesome
4. Tool 55
5. Pink Floyd 49
6. Led Zeppelin 44
7. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah 27
8. Macho Man Randy Savage 23 - this is super cool
9. Metallica 23 - listened to mop a couple of times, good stuff
10.Johnny Cash 20
Favourite Albums For September
Master of Puppets
The Queen Is Dead