Émilie Simon - Opium
2. What song makes you sad?
Where do i start, Joseph Arthur's A Smile That Explodes for one, and many of Jeff Buckley's.
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
eeer that lady hump song i suppose.
4. Your all time favorite?
Simon & Garfunkel - Scarborough Fair/Canticle
5. Your newly discovered band is?
Not exactly newly discovered, Marilyn Manson's Tainted Love is addictive.
6. Best female voice?
Lisa Hannigan, Karen O, Sarah Blasko, Émilie Simon. i suppose most female R&B and pop artists like Beyonce, Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera have amzingly powerful voices, but thats out of my preference.
7. Best male voice?
Jeff Buckley without a doubt. Matt Bellamy, Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel.
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
A range of rock, Classical, Indie Pop.
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
Muse and Nine Inch Nails.
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
Chopin, Ludovico Einaudi.
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
Midnight Juggernauts, Damn Arms and Young + Restless, great line up.
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
Radiohead and Midnight Juggernaut.
13. Most hated band?
14. Song that makes you think?
Jeff Buckley - Eternal Life,
Modest Mouse - World At Large
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
Dappled Cities Fly!
16. Coolest music video?
Right now I have Marilyn Manson's Tainted Love stuck in my head.
17. Music video with the most babe watch?
The one with Scarlet Johansson i suppose.
18. What do you play/would you play in the bedroom to spice things up?
Jem - Come on Closer, it's a very, very sexy song =b
19. Can you play a musical instrument?
20. Ever been in a mosh pit?
Every other week.
21. Are you in a band?
23. Ever dated a musician?
Yes actually. A pianist.
28. Do you wish yourself that you were a musician?
I do but I long realised I have no talent, so it's merely a dream =[
29. Best chick band you know of?
Yeah Yeah Yeahs!
31. Last song that you heard on the radio/cd...etc...?
I don't listen to the radio.
32. What do you think of Classical music?
I enjoy Classical music as much as the contemporary genres we have these days. Chopin and Brahms would have to be my favourites.
33. What do you think of Country music?
Not my cup of tea. A bit of Blue Grass and Country Folk is nice every now and then.
34. What do you think of Death metal?
Yet to be ventured.
35. Last BIG band that you saw live?
36. Are you a groupie?
Sure why not.
37. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
French, Italian, a bit of Spanish, Celtic, Mandarin, Japanese.
38. What famous musician would you like to fuck?
Oh wow you don't beat around the bush. Mozart, everyone likes Mozart.
39. Worst concert moment?
Fell in the middle of a mosh.
40. Funny concert moment?
José González got tangled up with the backdrop curtain and couldn't find his way through. Damien Rice playing with his back facing the audience because he refused to have photos taken.
41. Sad concert moment?
Well it wasn't sad, though i was overwhelmed with emotions at Damien Rice's gig.
42. Best local act you can think of?
Dappled Cities Fly, Red Riders, Flamingo Crash, Bells Will Ring, Sea Bellies, Midnight Juggernaut, Damn Arms, Young & Restless, Rand and Holland.
43. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
44. Do you listen to the radio?
45. Do you watch music TV?
46. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
47. Have you met any famous musicians?
48. Are any of your friends/family/etc. musicians?
Not that I know of.
49. Song that best describes your feelings right now?
The Boomtown Rats - I don't Like Mondays
50. Song that describes your life?
Right now there is nothing more fitting than Simon and Garfunkel's I Am a Rock and John Mayer's Slow Dancing In A Burning Room.
51. Do you know the names of all the band members that you listen to?
I alone have a hard time remember how many band member there are in Architecture in Helsinki.
52. Does a musician’s physical attractiveness play a role in the music that you listen to?
Sure, that's why Paris Hilton is a no no.
53. What famous musician do you want to marry?
hmmm Thom Yorke? or Karen O.
53. Favourite movie sound track?
The History Boys, Le Fabuleux Destin D'Amelie Poulain, I am Sam, Friday Night Lights, Garden State.
55. Any musician pet hates?
Scientology count? Otherwise snorting up your own dad would be a little too hardcore for me.
56. What do your parents listen to?
Mum enjoys a variety of religious jingles, she doesn't employ herself to enjoy my taste of music because i suppose the context of 'lord worshiping' or as such is non-existent in my choice of music, other than Leonard Cohen's and many covers of 'Hallelujah'. but i assured her she won't be hearing this song played in church choir in our lifetime, if i can help it. I will explain the song to her when she gets older.
Dad I'm guessing enjoys classic rock, he introduced me to Beatles and Simon & Garfunkel.
My 16 year old sister listens only to Eastern Pop and my little brother likes nothing but anime theme songs. you see how well i have turned out?
57. What are you listening to right NOW?
Marcy Playground - Coming Up From Behind.
58. Do you wear band etc T-shirts?
I'm wearing The Shins shirt right now.
59. What do you think of people who do?
That depends on the band.
60. What music sub-culture do you feel like you belong to?
Indie I suppose.
61. What song is stuck in your head right now?
Eels - I'm Going To Stop Pretending That I Didn't Break Your Heart.
62. Do you sing in the shower?
Aye, great way to relief stress.
63. If so, what? If not, why not? Why not?
Haha The Killers - Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll!
64. Would you rather marry a musician or be one yourself?
66. How important is your partners taste in music to you?
It doesn't have to be similar, but something I could appreciate would be nice.
67. Hanson moves in next door to you, do you go introduce yourself, or do you arrange to beat them up?
68. Sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll, you dig?
If I was rich and famous, sure.
69. Do you cook to music?
I do most of my daily activities to music, excluding cooking because I don't cook.