8. Mär. 2009, 9:21 von pumpkin89
28. Dez. 2008, 10:50 von DonluffeI got inspired to do this when flicking through last.fm's best of 2008 .
My most played albums of the year (according to last.fm):
1) The Ideal Crash by dEUS
2) Pocket Revolution by dEUS
3) In A Bar, Under The Sea by dEUS
4) Baby 81 by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
5) Bubblegum by Mark Lanegan
6) Lullabies to Paralyze by Queens of the Stone Age
7) Crushing Digits by Veto
8) Worst Case Scenario by dEUS
9) Our Love to Admire by Interpol
10) War Stories by UNKLE
It does not come as a surprise that the entire discography of dEUS is shown. What is more interesting is that I think my music taste has expanded this year and become ehm, more normal? Compared to what I listened to 1-2 years ago – stuff like Fantômas, Mr. Bungle – good, but very bizarre! And when I say ‘expanded’ I mean, that previously I would have had big trouble with enjoy rather “mainstream” songs like Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon. Now I love it. SO!
This entry should be about all the new grrrreat music I discovered…
12. Mai. 2008, 13:44 von cortielha1. How did you get into 29?
My ex-boyfriend recorded one of Manic Street Preachers songs in a cd he made for me. These days I probably like them a lot better then he does.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
The first song by Weezer I ever heard was a cover of Say It Ain't So, by Deftones(!).
3. What’s your favorite lyric by 33?
This is hard to tell, because I like At The Drive In mainly because of the melody, not the lyrics. But for some reason, This Night Has Opened My eyes gets me:
oh--you did a good thing
she could have been a poet or she could have been a fool
oh--you did a bad thing
and i'm not happy and i'm not sad
4. What is your favorite album by 49?
The one and only album I've ever heard by Dianne Reeves is the original soundtrack for Goodbye, and good luck.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own?
I have everything Radiohead recorded in my computer, is it good enough?
6. What is your favorite song by 50?
17. Mär. 2006, 20:37 von CalavethI'm not big on memes, but I really have nothing better to do, so...
1. What are you listening to right now?
It's True That We Love One Another
2. What song makes you sad?
A good day for dying; The Ideal Crash, for some reason. It's really a positive song.
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
Love generation. Good god what tripe.
4. Your all time favorite band?
I think I have to say Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, though I've learnt that these things change with time...
5. Your newly discovered band is?
Hardly original, Arctic Monkeys.
6. Best female voice?
I'm absolutely in love with PJ Harvey.
7. Best male voice?
Nick Cave. Or Johnny Cash.
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
alternative rock, new wave, swedish folk, gothic rock, industrial. I listen to pretty much anything, but the above should cover 90-95% of it, I'd say.
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
Rage Against the Machine does the job.
10. What do you listen to, to calm down?