27. Dez. 2011, 17:27 von janus_hi
14. Mai. 2010, 4:03 von KuroiYuki88
8. Mai. 2007, 5:40 von imaliceName your top ten artists on Last.fm:
1. ayumi hamasaki
2. Angela Aki
3. High And Mighty Color
4. ai otsuka
5. Tommy heavenly6
6. Avril Lavigne
8. The Brilliant Green
9. Imogen Heap
How many times have you listened to number one? 971
Is this your favorite band? No
What got you into number one? Recommendations from what seemed like every anime fan
Why the hell have you listened to that so much? Because there is SO MUCH to listen to
Favorite songs of number one: Alterna
Something you think you’d thoroughly enjoy doing with the band? Talking to her! @_@
Favorite memory of the artist? None
How many times listened to number two? 916
What got you into them? Someone on a music rotation site posted up a song from her indie album.
What makes you like them so much? The combination of great piano with mature lyrics
Favorite songs: Home, Warning, Uchu
Favorite memory of artist? None
How many times have you listened to number three? 861
Would you pay thirty dollars to see them in concert? YESSSS
21. Feb. 2007, 22:29 von SimOnOsELF
26. Dez. 2006, 4:31 von evergreenmintyMy overall top ten:
01. ayumi hamasaki
02. Utada Hikaru
03. Koda Kumi
05. Jay Chou
09. Noriko Matsueda & Takahito Eguchi
What was the first song you ever heard by Artist #6?
Real Emotion, from FFX-2. After that I started listening to her other songs, my second being Piano In The Dark
What is your favorite album of Artist #2?
DEEP RIVER is such a classic. After that I'd have to say it's a tie between Distance and ULTRA BLUE.
What is your favorite lyric that Artist #5 has sung?
You have to be kidding me o_O I consider Jay Chou to be a song writing genius. How can I pick one?!
wei ni tan zou xiao bang de ye qu
For you [ I ] play Chopin's Nocturne
ji nian wo si qu de ai qing
To commemorate this deceased love of mine
gen ye feng yi yang de sheng yin
Just like a wind in the night
xin sui de hen hao ting
So heartbreakingly beautiful
23. Jul. 2006, 21:37 von SuWillGetU"Post your top 15 bands/artists, the first song you heard of theirs, the song that made you fall in love, and your current favorite."
Favourite: STEP you
First: real Emotion
Favourite: D.D.D. feat. SOULHEAD
Love: Z! Z! Z! -Zip! Zap! Zipangu!-
Favourite: Girls On Top
First: Simple And Clean
Love: Simple And Clean
Favourite: Deep River
7. Tommy heavenly6
First: GIMME ALL OF YOUR LOVE !!
Favourite: Roller coaster ride→
First: WANT ME, WANT ME
Love: WANT ME, WANT ME
Favourite: gimme more
First: God Is a DJ
Love: Feel Good Time
Favourite: Who Knew
First: feel my soul
Love: feel my soul
11. Christina Aguilera
First: Come on Over
31. Mär. 2006, 9:32 von NikkuOkay, it is way late at night so don't expect a really intelligent post. I am just falling even more in love with the talented and adorable YUI. How could someone my age who has only been at this like 3 years create such wonderful and original music?! She truly inspires me, honestly. Merry Go Round is one of those album tracks that could just as easily have been a hit single and makes buying the album totally worth it. And after all these months, feel my soul and LIFE still haven't gotten old. And that's saying something with my short attention span. Oh, and I've finally begun to really appreciate one of her slower songs, TOKYO.
So if you are a jpop fan and have not heard the awesomeness that is YUI, go find and listen now! You will not regret it. ^_^
1. Mär. 2006, 21:44 von KimitsuHi. I know, I have one more roundup to do before I'm fully caught up. That's what this is for.
February followed January's example and rushed a lot of I was watching into the last week. 3 albums, 6 singles, and I still have that nagging feeling that I missed a couple. (Which is partially the reason for this getting put off so long. The other reason - I'm a lazy ass.)
Let's start with the singles. Oricon's top hitters on the daily charts the day after were IT'S IN THE STARS, Keep Tryin', Someday/Boys Girls (albeit technically with a ♥ in the middle there), and Season's Call - going from 4 to 1, respectively. Other ones I happened to be looking for were CRY NO MORE (debuting on the daily charts at 7) and Dёjа Vu (unfortunately, nowhere to be found in the top 20).
Let's start with the lowest ranked and go higher.
皆川純子 (Minagawa Junko) is best known for being a voice actress - usually playing males (the best known of which is Echizen Ryoma from Tennis no Oujisama)…
27. Feb. 2006, 17:39 von junkie_with_a_mWhat can i say, i'm a sheep =d haha my top 10 is so improportionate, no HY, The Beatles or Radiohead >____<
2 Do As Infinity
8 Rie fu
9 Jimmy Eat World
10 The Brilliant Green
What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
Cocco - Mizu Kagami. That kind of rocky angst emotional sound is what got me into Cocco.
What is your favourite album of 2?
Do As Infinity - BREAK OF DAWN!! I love almost every track on that album to bits! From the super upbeat singalong Welcome! to the super soft ballad Yesterday & Today to the harder edged sinister track Raven to my favourite DAI song Oasis and the acoustic version at the end. Awesome album~!
What is your favourite lyric that 5 has sung?
Mew - oooh don't know. pass =d
How many times have you seen 4 live?
元ちとせ - Zilch ;___; I really want to though! With her absolutely amazing voice and the kind of music she does, I think it would be really atmospheric and emotional.
9. Jan. 2006, 2:56 von TheBenignBovineAll right, no more putting this off. I finally got working and edited the original post. Unfortunately, I scrapped the whole thing except for the first paragraph.
I first heard YUI after watching Bleach. Her song, "LIFE", was featured as the Ending Theme. I immediately took a liking to it and found the song. In fact, I found the singles she had out.
I think what appealed to me at first, was YUI, herself. Like most others, I find myself paralleling her with Michelle Branch (even though I didn't realize it at the time). I should say, what drew me to Michelle Branch five years ago (was it five years ago?) contributed to what drew me to YUI. She's an aspiring artist who writes her own songs and plays them. She actually knows how to play an instrument for her songs.
Actually, I lied, that was after I did some research. Life started me out. The tune was good. The guitar at the beginning is awesome (kind of like the guitar rifts in Ride on Shooting Star). What probably struck me was her voice. …