6. Feb. 2012, 15:32 von pablo774
2. Mär. 2008, 20:40 von candohdoing this based on my running year chart
how mainstream are you?
first take your top 20 artists,
and find out how many listeners they have.
World's End Girlfriend
The Konki Duet
divide by 20.
divide by the number of radiohead listeners
multiply by 100.
I'm 3% mainstream.
24. Okt. 2007, 16:38 von PulpecikTake your top 20 artists. For each of these artists, collect the top 5 similar artists. The resulting number of unique artists is your eclectic score. If the score is small (extreme = 5) your musical preferences are very limited, and if it is large (larger than 80, extreme = 100), then you have an eclectic musical preference. You can compute your own score at http://anthony.liekens.net/pub/scripts/last.fm/eclectic.php
My eclectic score is currently
The 74 related artists for my profile are 50 Cent, AAA, AI, BENNIE K (5), Black Eyed Peas, Chemistry, Crystal Kay (4), DS455, DABO, Eminem, Force of Nature, Nujabes, Fat Jon, Fly to the Sky, Force of Nature, Foxxi misQ (2), HALCALI, HOME MADE 家族 (2), Heartsdales (3), JAMOSA, KICK THE CAN CREW, KREVA, Kanade, Kazami, KinKi Kids, Lisa (2), Monkey Majik + m-flo, N*E*R*D, NITRO MICROPHONE UNDERGROUND, Nujabes + Fat Jon, Nujabes feat. Shing02, OZROSAURUS, RIP SLYME (2), Rie fu, SOUL'd OUT, SOULHEAD, SOUND GROW, SUITE CHIC, Snoop Dogg…
11. Mai. 2007, 7:13 von candohThis means i am cool right?
Take your top 20 artists. For each of these artists, collect the top 5 similar artists. The resulting number of unique artists is your eclectic score. If the score is small (extreme = 5) your musical preferences are very limited, and if it is large (larger than 80, extreme = 100), then you have an eclectic musical preference. You can compute your own score at http://anthony.liekens.net/pub/scripts/last.fm/eclectic.php
My eclectic score is currently
The 87 related artists for my profile are Acoustic girl Animal Collective Annie Asobi Seksu At17 avengers in sci-fi Belle and Sebastian Berryz工房 Boa Brier Broadcast Broken Social Scene Capsule Chat Chat Coaltar of the Deepers cruyff in the bedroom Daft Punk Deerhoof Do As Infinity Drop Nineteens Ex Models Fatboy Slim Fourcolor Foxxi misQ Groove Armada Hazel Nuts Chocolate (2) Heartsdales JAMOSA Kozo wit' Nao'ymt Lady Sovereign LCD Soundsystem Les Georges Leningrad…
29. Mär. 2007, 10:37 von candohnothing too exciting, but i have been having an influx of j-pop artists in my dreams lately...
this one featured YA-KYIM member Miku and TLC member Chili. i was laying on this couch with my head in Miku's lap and i started to talk about all these parallels between YA-KYIM and TLC and i just wouldn't shut up (maybe i was high? the house had a run down low class drug dealer vibe going on) and Chili started glaring at me from the foot of the couch, as if to say she felt YA-KYIM had ripped off certain aspects of TLC. She was not very amused at the fact that i was soooo amused and i could plainly see this yet continued to run my mouth. Finally (since i obviously wasn't getting the hint) MIKU just put her hand over my mouth in an attempt to get me to shut up.
since the dream i wonder why i never once thought of comparing YA-KYIM to TLC. i remember once predicting how a rumble between YA-KYIM and Destiny's Child would turn out, tho. i found it weird that a member of TLC was in my dream.
22. Mär. 2007, 11:23 von candohi've stolen this thing from cogs, where i am to talk about how i first came across my top 50 artists.
宇多田ヒカル - randomly wasting time on last.fm i clicked on a neighbor and then read all her shouts and then clicked on someone who shouted at her and then clicked on his link in his user info to his myspace and then was mesmerized by her Keep Tryin' video that he had posted there...
Stereolab - from a mix cd i got from an ex
Deerhoof - hmmm not too sure, probably from a free sampler i got from Kill Rock Stars when purchasing a Sleater-Kinney CD
Basement Jaxx - that damn tomb raider movie, Where's Your Head At was the ending theme
SOULHEAD - a j-urban lj rotation, i dled it after being horrified and of course disappointed by Heartsdale
モーニング娘。 - had a friend upload random j-pop to her FTP for me. I really hated them (and most of it actually). and now i have no idea how i got "here"
Sawako - it was either by browsing here or somehow being taken to the 12k site... i have no real idea.
19. Nov. 2006, 8:06 von candohbeen listening to a lot of YA-KYIM lately (and a bit of karaoke at the gym). so now i have the urge to start listening to other groups like SOULHEAD, 安室奈美恵, AI... i am not here to recommend them or anything unless you have a crush on hip-pop like i do.
anyway there will NEVER be any Heartsdale on my charts. i don't think i have ever taken the opportunity to voice my utter disgust with their music. not that anyone cares, but sometimes it is good to have things "on record".
so yeah the YA-KYIM single beauty × beauty is eating my soul. i really like the other song too "I'm proud i'm me" - very nice beat has a very mild happy hardcore 'riff' in it that makes me want to listen to the instrumental version. i really like the beauty × beauty PV as well.
SOULHEAD's "To Da Fake MC's" always makes me smile. I kinda like it when my hip-pop artists think they are all hardcore and shit. like YA-KYIM claiming they are the queen of the underground, or more specifically the ANDA-GURAUNDO KUWI-N. …