3. Mai. 2014, 7:41 von Iluzki
4. Mai. 2013, 20:20 von Iluzki
3. Feb. 2013, 12:17 von miss_power1. Nowen - Essence of Fear (Thrash / Death Metal) - 10/10
2. Enslaved - RIITIIR (Progressive Black Metal) - 10/10
3. Swallow the Sun - Emerald Forest and the Blackbird (Melodic Death / Doom Metal) - 10/10
4. Wolfuneral - The Path (Neoclassical / Dark Ambient) - 10/10
5. Barren Earth - The Devil's Resolve (Melodic Death / Doom Metal) - 9/10
6. ALL WILL KNOW - contact. (Melodic Death Metal) - 9/10
7. Vision Divine - Destination Set To Nowhere (Progressive / Power Metal) - 9/10
8. Anger Cell - A Fear Formidable (Melodic Death Metal) - 9/10
9. Antagonist Zero - Doomed (Melodic Death / Doom Metal) - 9/10
10. Ahola - Stoneface (Hard Rock) - 8,5/10
11. Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes (Viking / Folk Metal) - 8,5/10
12. Kuolemanlaakso - Uljas uusi maailma - (Death / Doom Metal) - 8/10
13. Lykaion - Nothin' But Death (Power Metal) - 8/10
19. Jan. 2013, 17:51 von MATI9630Better late than never.
…or so they say? Well, it is kinda late, but then again, I was too greedy – wanted to rat—I mean, listen to so much music, hence the delay.
Note that my rating scale may (and probably will) differ from yours. Short summary:
9 – amazing
8 – very good, recommended for everyone
7 – not bad, if you like the genre/band very much, you might give it a try…
6 – well, you CAN listen to it, but there’s no point. Boring/annoying for some reason. Not recommended (maybe if you’re a fanboy of the band – but in that case you’d already own the album)
Anything below 6 – no. Just no.
This or the Apocalypse – Dead Years // I’d rather have the Apocalypse…
All That Remains – A War You Can Not Win
As I Lay Dying – Awakened
Ektomorf – Black Flag
Every Time I Die – Ex Lives
Arthemis – We Fight
At Vance – Facing Your Enemy
Cradle of Filth – The Manticore and Other Horrors
Delain – We Are the Others
DragonForce – The Power Within
Eluveitie – Helvetios
3. Jan. 2013, 19:15 von Mrozikos667So, yet another issue of the Year End Summary is about to amuse and bewilder you. It was an awesome year for music, and it was also a totally magnificent year for my other passion, cinema, but that's not the place to speak about it. Anyway, for quite some time I've had this thought that this summary business is kinda stupid – suddenly in December you realise how many potentially awesome albums you've missed and then you desperately try to make up for it by listening as much as you can, neglecting your work, studies, family, girlfriend, cat or whatever you've got to care for. Not that I intend to drop doing this or something, I guess I just like doing pointless stuff nobody cares about. Oh well, I start to blabber here. So, let's get ready to rumble!
This or the Apocalypse – Dead Years (The Worst Album of the Year and The Disappointment of the Year; it's actually really, really sad how this band managed to stoop so low after two great releases...)
20. Dez. 2012, 23:01 von MachiventaStill adding stuff as I discover it, into the new year.
Albums, EPs, Mixtapes, Reissues.
In no particular order:
Now, Now - Threads
Gonjasufi - MU.ZZ.LE
The Gaslamp Killer - Breakthrough
Joni Haastrup - Wake Up Your Mind
Sun Airway - Soft Fall
Lord Huron - Lonesome Dreams
Witchcraft - Legend
Graveyard - Lights Out
Ultravox - Brilliant
Magic Castles - Magic Castles
Dead Mellotron - Glitter
Leisure Birds - Globe Master
Alfa 9 - Gone To Ground
El Perro del Mar - Pale Fire
Poor Moon - Poor Moon
Earlimart - System Preferences
Liars - WIXIW
Fanfarlo - Rooms Filled With Light
Ice Choir - Afar
White Fence - Family Perfume Vol. 1-2
Autumn's Grey Solace – Divinian
Masha Qrella - Analogies
The Life and Times - No One Loves You Like I Do
Baroness - Yellow & Green
The Sword - Apocryphon
Thy Majestie - ShiHuangDi
Vision Divine - Destination Set To Nowhere
Tygers of Pan Tang - Ambush
Union - Analogtronics
FAT & slim - Love
spider 72 - Seven
18. Dez. 2012, 0:58 von within_darkness1. Kamelot – Silverthorn
Didn’t expect Kamelot to sound that genuine after Roy Khan’s departure but Tommy fully delivered on several levels. Thankfully, the ‘new’ style is closer to what they did in the older days (welcome back, solos!) rather than the artificial sound on the last two efforts. All this, together with memorable melodies, breathtaking vocals and a haunting concept story, is more than enough to bring Youngblood’s brainchild back in the game and make Silverthorn its best output since the shadow of The Black Halo.
2. Finsterforst – Rastlos
One of the very few albums of late that I can listen to from start to finish without an urge to skip a song or two. The line-up change led to a complete makeover and resulted in tightly produced moody epics which are surprisingly nowhere near being over the top. Despite taking notes from bands even a deaf person can distinguish, Rastlos is a damn worthy release in an overly-rehashed scene which rarely strikes me as exciting.
3. Moonspell – Alpha Noir
16. Nov. 2012, 8:52 von DenSvyrydenkovTop 10 rock/metal albums of 2012
1. Unisonic - Unisonic
Hard Rock/Power Metal
Every song (maybe excluding the weakest 'Star Rider') has it's beautiful memorable chorus adorned with an amazing (as always) Kiske's voice and underlined with an outstanding backing choires in the best Pink Cream 69 / Place Vendome way ('Renegade', 'I've Tried'). And no, there's no much Helloween here. Maybe a little hard rock Gamma Ray, haha.
2. Sabaton - Carolus Rex
Heavy Metal/Power Metal
This time these guys strike louder than ever (though don't forget former members took significant part in songwriting). This is a really brand new level of Sabaton. This time conceptual line is followed strictly but without any damage to melodies. Moreover, that are not just melodies - every song is so much atmosperic and sounds like hymn. It's perceiving like one huge heavy bomd when you're listening to it.
24. Aug. 2012, 13:01 von AndyMonsSebastien is releasing their first video for a song called "Dorian" now!
The video is featuring two special guests of the album "Tears Of White
Roses" - Fabio Lione (Rhapsody of Fire, Vision Divine) and Roland Grapow (Masterplan, ex-Helloween)!
Watch out exclusively at www.sebastienofficial.com !!!
8. Jul. 2012, 14:18 von urolithiasis