3. Mär. 2010, 4:29 von drt3
21. Sep. 2009, 22:51 von JessKatFavourite bands:
1. David Bowie (I'm going to include artists as well)
2. They Might Be Giants
3. Craig Armstrong
6. Hans Zimmer
7. Era (their older stuff)
8. Adiemus (ditto)
9. Elton John
10. The Blue Nile
1. 1. Outside
2. Scary Monsters... and Super Creeps
4. Visual Auditory Sensory Theater
5. Songs of Sanctuary
7. Batman Begins
9. Cantata Mundi
Greatest single ever made:
I'm not too familiar with singles. I'm just going to go with greatest song, which would be Craig Armstrong's version of Let's Go Out Tonight.
Favourite boxed set:
I don't really do box sets.
Favourite Greatest Hits:
David Bowie - The Platinum Collection
First CD bought:
God, I used to remember this. Probably some Disney soundtrack or other. No wait, I think it might have been the Space Jam soundtrack. (Yeah, I know.)
Elton John's tour of Finland in 1996/1997 (somewhere around that time). …
3. Jan. 2009, 20:14 von neeshThese albums have shaped me into the wide-ranged aficionado I am today. I grew up in a household with my ma who came to the US from the Caribbean as a young woman in the late 60's (she's a fan of Elvis Presley and the Golden Oldies as well as Hindi/Bollywood tunes in addition to Trinidadian music, Norah Jones and appreciates anyone who's "got pipes on 'em") and two much older siblings. My brother was a house/club DJ so that shit was bumping constantly and is embedded in my brain. My sister was into R&B like Tevin Campbell, Jodeci and whatnot yet also smooth jazz. I was all about solo chick singers, Disney tunes, Show Tunes, Carnival music, salsa, merengue and dance hits from all eras (especially disco and club remixes of pop hits) until the fifth grade when I got my hands on Tragic Kingdom and Razorblade Suitcase. Thus began my foray into alternative rock, interrupted only for a brief moment when I became Bad Boy records obsessed as a tween. I first heard ... …
16. Dez. 2007, 6:49 von mikeroach113
21. Nov. 2007, 23:44 von mikeroach113
5. Apr. 2007, 4:26 von BiggieJerseysName your top 10 artists on last.fm (not my favorite artists)
4. The Game
5. Three 6 Mafia
6. Lil' Flip
10. Kanye West
What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
Game Over (Flip)
What is your favorite album of 2?
Me Against the World
What is your favorite lyric that 5 has sung?
Juicy J's verse from Sippin' on Some Syrup
What is your favorite song by 7?
One Mic or I Can
What is a good memory you have involving the music of 10?
he wasn't rapping about the ole same shit. So it intrigued me.
Is there a song of 3 that makes you sad?
His shit doesn't make me sad. But he has some songs from hsi hardcore stuff thats makes you think that is kinda depressing.
What is your favorite lyric that 2 has sung?
"They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor
Say there ain't no hope for the youth and the truth is
it ain't no hope for tha future
And then they wonder why we crazy
I blame my mother, for turning my brother into a crack baby
20. Jan. 2007, 15:59 von codisloveI have seen this one floating for a while now...and finally, I will give it a go!
I am bound to redo this one in a few weeks time because these questions are hard to answer so...definitely. I am just going to answer 'for the moment', if you see what I mean ;D
1. What are you listening to right now?
Gone Away...it's one of my favourite tracks for the moment.
2. What song makes you sad?
Many songs make me sad. A few songs make me sad enough to want to cry...this one included. I will list 5 random songs that make me sad, but there are MANY:
What Have You Done (it's so heartfelt and powerful...William Shatner is the SHIT)
The Luckiest (...where can you find a love like that?)
Dieu que le monde est injuste (absolutely true. A beautiful, melancholic performance by the fabulous Garou).
Ciao Amore Ciao (Dalida had a tragic life. This song makes me think of that, and how much pain there can be in one person's life. It's incredibly sad...)
15. Sep. 2006, 18:59 von mikeroach113It either already happened, or is happening soon, but in September of 1991, the Red Hot Chili Peppers' classic album "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" was released. I don't know what day, but I know that it was released that month of that year. While I much prefer RHCP's earlier material (when they were still on EMI), "Blood Sugar", and the music they produced after it was still good. It spawned such memorable songs like "Give It Away", "Under The Bridge", "Breaking The Girl", and "Suck My Kiss", as well as others. I'll have to have an album marathon of it on Monday (if I'm in the mood). Alot of anniversaries for alot of great albums have happened this year. Mr. Big's "Hey Man", Van Halen's "5150", The Transformers: The Movie, Alphaville's "Afternoons in Utopia", David Foster's self-titled debut, Eric Clapton's "August", Europe's "The Final Countdown"…
31. Aug. 2006, 21:10 von mikeroach1131996... That was quite a year. Lots of things (some good, others very bad) happened. Bill Clinton was re-elected, The Onion (which I don't think I've ever read) made it's debut, Sublime's legendary posthumous self-titled album (not their best, but still good) was released, The Ramones played their last show ever during that year's Lollapalooza, 2Pac was killed, An unknown 6 year old named JonBenet Ramsey was murdered and became a big news story (that poor kid! It's so sad she had to die so young.), Duke Nukem 3D was unleashed on the world, my 10th birthday occured, and I don't remember what happened on it, Mr. Big relased their timeless masterpiece:"Hey Man", movies such as Independence Day, Twister, Jerry Maguire, The Nutty Professor, Space Jam, Jingle All The Way, and Mars Attacks! (the second and third of those movies I just mentioned I've never seen, and the first one I don't think I've seen in whole, but I have seen it), Van Halen had released their first ever "Best Of" collection…
28. Aug. 2006, 16:10 von ClayVTrainum1. What are you listening to right now?
2. What song makes you sad?
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
4. Your all time favorite band/artist?
The Roots, by a very large margin
5. Your newly discovered band/artist is?
6. Best female voice?
7. Best male voice?
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
9. What do you listen to to hype you up?
old school hip-hop
10. What do you listen to to calm down?
Neo-soul, Anthony Hamilton & Lyfe Jennings specifically
11. Last concert you went to?
Atmosphere, Brother Ali, & Los Nativos
12. Band/artist you find yourself listening to the most right now?
13. Most hated band/artist?
Fall Out Boy, I guess
14. Song that makes you think?
I Used to Love H.E.R.
15. Band/artist that you think the world should love as much as you do?
The Roots, Supastition, & Little Brother
16. Coolest music video?