22. Jul. 2012, 14:05 von patteroast
15. Jan. 2008, 0:05 von YourEmomit meinen Lieblings Textstellen aus zufällig wiedergegebenen Titeln Re^^
1.Well you need a blue sky holiday …The point is they laugh at what you say …And I don't need no carrying on…
Bad Day Bhub
2.Vier dumme kleine Stoffgesellen, oh möge sie doch jemand kille, ich kann die fratzen nich mehr sehn...
3.Einsam und immer Unterwegs knabbert er den letzten keks....
4.Du würdest aufstehen und raus gehen oh würdest probieren dich zu schminken mit hautcreme und danach auf deinen Stöckelschuhn beinah drauf gehen...
Girl for a day fishhmashter
5.She’s going out to forget they were together …All that time he was taking her for granted …She wants to see if there’s more …than he gave she’s looking for
6.Es ist nicht wie im Film, da stirbt der Held zum Schluss damit man nicht so lange ohne ihn auskommen muss…
7.Well it seem like Yesterday when the world was looking dark it felt so cold and grey
2. Dez. 2007, 7:15 von jadeybeansWell, I always seem to make a journal when I can't sleep. Today, I found my first They Might Be Giants CD, one that my brother burned for me back in 2004-2005. Ah, the memories. I thought I'd give you guys the tracklisting. It's kind of cool to think that these were all the TMBG songs I had up till March'06 when I found "A User's Guide To They Might Be Giants" in a CDPlus downtown. How I ever survived with out TMBG, I'll never know. Well, here they are. Feel free to take notice that some of them aren't even by TMBG.
2-Am I Awake?
3-Exquisite Dead Guy
4-Birdhouse in Your Soul
5-Bastard Wants To Hit Me
6-Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes
7-Boss of Me
9-Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
13-Stalk Of Wheat
14-Broke In Two
15-Your Racist Friend
16-Why Does The Sun Shine? (Live STD)
17-Someone Keeps Moving My Chair
20-It's Kickin' In
21-Puttin' On The Ritz- Taco
5. Jan. 2007, 11:43 von me_cotterillI am a huge They Might Be Giants fan, right back to when they were in the UK charts with Birdhouse in Your Soul, which I bought as a single. Then things went quiet for a while, there was a video for Istanbul (Not Constantinople) one Saturday morning on one of the few music video shows we used to get, but I only saw it once and then I never heard anything more of them for years and years.
They never got big in the UK but meanwhile my cousin got into them, somehow he got their stuff from America I think, but he sort of re-introduced me to them and discovered that they had a huge back catlogue of work going way.
South Carolina is actually by John Linnell, one of the Johns in the group, but don't fret, this track sounds exactly like a TMBG track.
I don't know how it is with them in the USA, I think they are what you guys call a University Campus band, which I imagine means they get played a lot on campus radio and do tours. I actually like the fact that they never got big and I'm sure…
19. Jul. 2006, 12:37 von klaashermansFirst of all, I can advise everyone to go to "preferences" (under you avatar in the upper right corner of your browser), click the "website" tab, and check the "Low-bandwidth connection, or you don't like images with your charts? Check this box." box. It makes the new website run much and much smoother...
But, back to the music. To get a bit of the good old summer feeling, I tagged(http://static.last.fm/matt/tinyradio.gif) some tracks that:
- give this instant happy summer feeling
- give a lot of positive energy
- are produced with a more or less classic line-up (guitar, vocals, drum, bit rock / pop)
I did not include (on purpose) songs with what I call "whiny male voices". Not that I dislike all those songs (I do enjoy some Nirvana, or Stone Temple Pilots or Coldplay now and then), but its just not giving me that typical summer feeling. If you have any recommendations, please give them!
The track listing so far is:
I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
- give this instant happy summer feeling
7. Jul. 2006, 2:52 von spiThey Might Be Giants played a free show at the Mohegan Sun in CT last Saturday night. It freaking rocked. I was a TMBG live virgin. The show was insane. I am so glad to no longer be a TMBG live virgin. By playing a bunch of their newer material spiced with some old favorites John and John totally rocked the house. The live horn section kicked major ass along with the other band members. The Why Does the Sun Shine? (The Sun Is a Mass of Incandescent Gas) totally killed at the sun. Loved the sweetness of Fingertips, the shortness of Boss of Me.
Just good all around. They said the show was being recorded for the first ever TMBG podcast show. So the people on the fringe and those not lucky enough to go will be able to listen.
13. Feb. 2006, 21:23 von BRMExtrEmEAnddddd we're back. No long-ass intro for once, let's just cut right to the chase!
Okay, this song really SOUNDs sexy! With that nice bassline and the Johns singing all deep and stuff. Gives me the shivers. :P
This is so funny. Hans is a brilliant comedian. Too bad he stopped. If you guys knew Dutch, you'd laugh your ass off at this.
8. Doctor Worm
Yup, another great song by They Might bE Giants. Damn, those guys make me happy.
7. Dirty Magic
I just recently learned this track on guitar. It already was a damn kickass song, but I appreciate it even more now.
6. Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
Wow, I'm beginning to see a pattern here.
5. I Palindrome I
I can't quite make it out yet...
4. Boss of Me
Hey, I think it's... No, no. I lost it.
3. Birdhouse in Your Soul
Waaaait a minute!
You didn't think I would miss out on this one, did you?
1. Ana Ng
Oh right, that's true. I went on a They Might Be Giants craze!