18. Jun. 2011, 23:17 von Ale-Hexe
2. Jan. 2011, 5:36 von weejayI don't usually write about music, because I'm not that good at it. I don't usually make lists of the best music from a year, because I seem to take a while to catch up with new music, often a good five years. This year has been different, though. I have been making more of an effort to keep up with music, and, more to the point, freakytrigger have just asked for readers to submit their top 20 tracks of the year, and I felt like joining in.
After a few weeks investigating anything I hadn't listened to yet, I've come up with a, um, top 37. The top 20 will be submitted, the other 17 are here because I like 37 tracks and it's my blog, my rules.
37. Matthew Dear - You Put a Smell on Me
36. Kelis - Acapella
35. Tinie Tempah - Pass Out
34. Panda Bear - Slow Motion
33. ndf - Since We Last Met
32. Vampire Weekend - Run
31. Gorillaz- On Melancholy Hill
30. The Radio Dept. - Heaven's On Fire
29. Joanna Newsom - Good Intentions Paving Company
28. Dez. 2010, 21:18 von happy_archer
24. Dez. 2010, 10:40 von fmeshtarBest Performances:
1. These New Puritans @ Tvornica Kulture - 27.03.2010.
2. !!! @ T-Mobile In Music Festival - 22.06.2010.
3. Massive Attack @ T-Mobile In Music Festival - 23.06.2010.
4. Cojones @ RUR Festival - 21.08.2010.
5. The Flaming Lips @ T-Mobile In Music Festival - 23.06.2010.
6. Yann Tiersen @ Tvornica Kulture - 04.12.2010.
7. Darko Rundek & Cargo Orkestar @ Vanilla Club - 06.03.2010.
8. LCD Soundsystem @ T-Mobile In Music Festival - 22.06.2010.
9. Broken Social Scene @ T-Mobile In Music Festival - 23.06.2010.
10. Sizif & Joe 4 @ Baza - 14.05.2010.
1. Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma 
2. These New Puritans - Hidden 
3. Gonjasufi - A Sufi and a Killer  - My review of the album in croatian. - http://www.potlista.com/recenzije/399-gonjasufi/1219-gonjasufi-a-sufi-and-a-killer.html
4. The Books - The Way Out 
5. Tokyo Police Club - Champ 
6. Future Islands - In Evening Air 
7. Gorillaz - The Fall 
8. Four Tet - There Is Love in You 
24. Dez. 2010, 3:31 von gperaltascura2010 was a year that I used, among different things, to discover music that I really like, and in past years I realised that the indie music scene was definitely where I had to look, so I moved apart from TV and radio and used the Internet to find music, and these songs from this list are (some of) the results.
So I'm going to start reviewing the 10 songs released this year that meant something to me, this is a purely personal top 10.
10- Orphan Boy - Some Frontier
Until 2009, Arctic Monkeys was my favourite band, I thought of them as something "under" and different, I still love them, but today I don't see them like something special. It is because there were so many bands, so many guys trying to fit somewhere but being just pulled apart by the business, and Orphan Boy is one of those not popular bands. What they think about that? Well, check their "about" page on their site and you'll know.
23. Dez. 2010, 17:14 von CvaldaVessalisI've only gone and gotten Pt. 2 done, haven't I?? Enjoy ;)
75. Crooks & Lovers by Mount Kimbie
After last year announced dubstep’s arrival on to the mainstream music scene via a succession of remixes and breakout DJ/producers, 2010 followed through with a veritable cavalcade of releases from various outfits, one of the most impressive being this tight little set from a couple of musicians hailing from Brighton. All of the genre’s darker elements as well as its most ambient can be found on ample display here, but Kimbie aren’t one-trick ponies; dovetailing between two-step garage, rustling electronica and filtered-through-a-k-hole jungle, they’ve provided a handsome calling card that should see their profile rise once they hit the road next year. A fine, promising debut.
20. Dez. 2010, 4:43 von jorch_torchKanye West - Power
The Naked and Famous - Punching in a Dream
Kid Cudi - All Summer
School of Seven Bells - ILU
Uffie - Add Suv feat. Pharrel Williams (Armand Van Helden Club Remix)
Goldfrapp - Rocket
Gorillaz - Stylo (Alex Metric remix)
The Pains of Being Pure At Heart - Say No to Love
The Sunshine Underground - Coming To Save You
Maximum Balloon - Groove Me
The National - Terrible Love
18. Dez. 2010, 12:54 von BookOfChimeras
3. Dez. 2010, 1:36 von Friend567-to be finished in the next couple of days-
Great songs released in 2010:
-n.b.: the videos are attached to give you an opportunity to listen to the songs in their full length. Only some of them are official videos.
Blood Red Shoes - Colours Fade
Broken Bells - Citizen
Captain Ahab - Acting Hard
Crystal Castles - Doe Deer
Darwin Deez - Radar Detector
The Drums - Best Friend
Jónsi - Around Us
Lena - Satellite
Los Campesinos! - There Are Listed Buildings
16. Apr. 2010, 4:28 von pecusitaThese New Puritans' Hidden is an album that mixes the new and the old, orchestras with dance beats, breathy spoken vocals with children's choirs, tribal drums with unusual elements, like chains, sharpening samurai swords and smashing watermelons. One could only imagine the amount of preparation and experimentation that must had been invested on this album. Never are the songs overwrought by their ambition. Some people have called it pretentious, but isn't all "art" pretentious by definition? You only get to call it pretentious if it doesn't work out in the end, which isn't the case here.
Something remarkable about the album is that it doesn't really alienate you. There are barely any traces of guitars, but enough elements of pop and hip hop to give you a good grasp and lead you throughout. Opening instrumental Time Xone sounds more like an end credits farewell than an introduction, for a moment it makes you wonder if there any sense to it. …