5. Sep. 2011, 5:59 von Riff55
1. Aug. 2011, 21:35 von emicomFri 29 Jul – FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL'11
【DAD MON GOD】11:00
01 Blow It Up
02 Post Break Up Sex
03 Wreckin' Bar
04 A Lack Of Understanding
06 Under Your Thumb
07 Tuck & Roll
08 All In White
09 If You Wanna
10 Wolf Pack
11 We're Happening
12 Family Friend
13 Good Guys (Don't Wear White) (The Standells cover)
ちょっとMumford and Sonsに似たような歌い方と曲があります。
15. Jun. 2011, 20:25 von OurStage_fmhttp://blog.ourstage.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/OSBlog_RiffsRantsRumors.png
These days, every other band with a fuzzbox and a copy of Nuggets can cop the garage-band tag; at this point, there’s plenty of precedent established for assimilating the spartan-but-searing sounds of ’60s garage rockers and spitting it back out with your own idiosyncratic slant. But when The Fleshtones began recording in 1979 (much less when they first came together three years earlier), being a rough-and-tumble, The Standells/The Seeds-worshiping band was a lonely occupation.
1. Jan. 2011, 3:05 von rastronomicalsThe post at Blogspot
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dTx99R9KXDU/TR6QjTQPppI/AAAAAAAAAuY/EkmHf61if00/s400/dismemberment-plan%2Bis-terrified.jpg" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5557037926360000146
That this bittersweet celebration song from the same guys who brought us the powerful and poignant "Time Bomb" is, along with The Standells' "Dirty Water," one of the best songs about the city of Boston is certainly true, but also something you might guess at from its title.
But what you might NOT guess from the title is that it's also one of the greatest New Year's Eve songs ever.
It's that, too. Perhaps THE greatest. Can't think of too much competition, actually, once you get past Guy Lombardo.
"The Ice of Boston" is not a perfect song. When our hero tells us that he doesn't want to admit these pathetic ridiculous and absolutely true things about himself, affairs DO get fairly maudlin. Maybe he followed her, maybe he didn't, I don't really care.
28. Jan. 2010, 3:32 von FlavioAbeAltered States – 2005
Ancestral – 2007
Aretha Franklin & Otis Redding – 1969
Atmosfear – 2003
B.B. Seaton – 1973
Bobbie Gentry – 1968
Bloodrock – 1973
Country Gazette – 1979
David Cook – 2008
Dirt Poor Robins – 2007
Dr. Demento – 1975 Parody
Eddie Ojeda – 2005
Enola Gay – 1996
Esperanto – 1975
Ethel the Frog – 1979
Geoff Mann – 2003 Live
Godhead – 2001
Godsplague – 2008
Jellyfish – 2002
Joan Baez – 1967
Joe Jackson – 2000
John Denver – 1970
Kansas – 1998
Kathi Raschke – 2002 German version
Mem Shannon – 2005
Opera Multi Steel – 2008
Orkiestra Adama Sztaby – 2006
Pain – 2002
Rare Earth – 1970
Ray Charles – 1968
Realm – 1988
Richie Havens – 1967
Sacred Rite – 2002
SNAKE CHARMER – 1993
Streetmark – 1976
Sunflowers – 2007
The Beatles – 1966
The Four Tops – 1969
The Raven – 2009
The Standells – 1993
Thrice – 2005
Tony Bennett – 1969
Vanilla Fudge – 1967
Zoot – 1970
Chick Corea – 1995
15. Jan. 2009, 4:55 von guitar4799
23. Jul. 2008, 13:36 von squigglycircleThis meme from joetattie's journal.
The point is to start at your #1 Overall Top Artist, don't include in the list, and then follow the similar artists steps to find out where you went 50 steps down the line. Use the 1st similar artist unless it was already on your list, if it was, use the second, if that was the third....You get the point... No repetition or you'd just go in circles.
1. Roger Waters
2. David Gilmour
3. Pink Floyd (my initial starting point, after skipping Waters)
4. Richard Wright (some more skipping)
5. Nick Mason
6. Syd Barrett (we're all through band members now - I skipped Rick Wright, too)
8. 13th Floor Elevators
9. The Electric Prunes
10. The Blues Magoos
11. The Seeds
12. The Standells
13. The Knickerbockers (I wonder how many The Xs we're going to go through)
14. The Leaves
15. The Barbarians (...and all from the 60s)
16. The Strangeloves
17. The Vagrants
18. The Magicians
19. The Magic Mushrooms
5. Mai. 2007, 3:58 von BobbyDownsTake your top 20 artists. For each of these artists, collect the top 5 similar artists. The resulting number of unique artists is your eclectic score. If the score is small (extreme = 5) your musical preferences are very limited, and if it is large (extreme = 100), then you have an eclectic musical preference. You can compute your own score at http://anthony.liekens.net/pub/scripts/last.fm/eclectic.php
My eclectic score is currently
The 86 related artists for my profile are 13th Floor Elevators angry angles Au Pairs Bad Times Beck Belle and Sebastian Big Black Bill Hicks Billy Childish Black Flag Blur Brainiac Broken Social Scene (2) DANGERDOOM Danzig Dave Attell Dead Kennedys Delta 5 Elliott Smith Essential Logic Final Solutions Franz Ferdinand Gang of Four Guitar Wolf Hot Chip Hüsker Dü I'm from Barcelona Jens Lekman Joy Division (2) Larrikin Love Lewis Black Madlib MC5 MF DOOM Minutemen Mitch Hedberg My Bloody Valentine Neils Children New Order of Montreal Patton Oswalt…
13. Okt. 2006, 13:45 von APhoenix13By Joséli Costa Jantsch
As everybody knows today is Friday the 13th, a very unusual day, especially for my american friends and for some of my fellows of Europe who believe that today is an unluck day.
So, as I took 13 as my number, hehehe, I decided to write about some interesting facts that took place at a friday 13th...related, of course, to Music!!!
Musicians who were born:
1.Kathleen Battle - 13.08.1948 - American Soprano.
2.Carlo Bergonzi- 13.07.1924 - Italian tenor
3.Peabo Bryson- 13.04.1951 - American R&B and soul singer.Beauty And The Beast; A Whole New World
4. Morris Day- 13.12.1957 - American musician and composer, gifted drummer and lead singer of The Time
5.Ilse DeLange- 13.05.1977 - Dutch singer
6. Casey Donovan- 13.05.1988 - Australian singer and songwriter. Winner of the 2nd Australian Idol Season.
7. Eillen Farrel - 13.02.1920 - American soprano.
8. Lowell George- 13.04.1945 - american musician (harmonica,flute,saxophone,sitar), singer and oustanding slide guitarist of Little Feat…
2. Sep. 2006, 19:55 von DerekSunshineThe inimitable Buzzy headed to the beach this weekend to rest from his labors so I filled in for him this Saturday with as much as I could glean from my collection of 60', 70's and 80s rock. I then did my regular New Music Machine slot.
I do want to thank Owensboy for letting me burn my discs for the shows at his place. Tropical storm Ernesto knocked out power in my neighborhood until 4 in the morning.
Shake Some Action
Broken Heart - Skip Spence - Oar - 1969
In Christ There Is No East or West - John Fahey - The Legend of Blind Joe Death - 1964
Thicker Than a Smokey - Gary Higgins - Red Hash - 1973
Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles - Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Clear Spot - 1972
For A Day Like Today - Lee Hazlewood - Cowboy In Sweden - 1970
Brand New Day - Van Morrison - Moondance - 1970
Any World (That I'm Welcome To) - Steely Dan - Katy Lied - 1975
Mary, Mary so contrary - Can - Monster Movie - 1969