1. Okt. 2012, 16:46 von Flecha42
4. Sep. 2011, 12:01 von allroy
14. Mai. 2011, 16:33 von NobelStabbingsFirst, make a list of your top-20 artists overall. Then, for each of these artists, add the 8 most similar artists to your list. Delete any duplicates, count up the number of entries on your list and this will give you some idea of how eclectic your listening habits are. A score of 9 represents an extremely unvaried musical taste while a 160 represents an extremely varied one.
1. The Menzingers
2. Dead to Me
3. Smoke or Fire
4. None More Black
5. Banner Pilot
6. The Riot Before
7. The Sainte Catherines
8. The Loved Ones
The Wonder Years
10. Man Overboard
12. Such Gold
14. I Call Fives
15. This Time Next Year
16. A Loss for Words
17. Living With Lions
19. The Wonder Years
20. Crucial Dudes
This Time Next Year
24. No Use for a Name
25. Bad Religion
14. Mai. 2011, 0:56 von MynorBroChill17First, make a list of your top-20 artists overall. Then, for each of these artists, add the 8 most similar artists to your list. Delete any duplicates, count up the number of entries on your list and this will give you some idea of how eclectic your listening habits are. A score of 9 represents an extremely unvaried musical taste while a 160 represents an extremely varied one.
1. Every Time I Die
1) The Chariot
2) The Damned Things
3) Cancer Bats
4) Maylene and the Sons of Disaster
5) The Bled
6) He Is Legend
7) Norma Jean
8) Poison the Well
2. Dear and the Headlights
9) Paper Rival
10) Colour Revolt
11) The Snake The Cross The Crown
12) Good Old War
Right Away, Great Captain
13) Margot and the nuclear so and so's
3. Ra Ra Riot
15) Tokyo Police Club
16) Freelance Whales
18) Local Natives
19) Passion Pit
20) Matt & Kim
21) Harlem Shakes
4. Right Away, Great Captain!
6. Feb. 2011, 22:59 von asfriendsrust
4. Jan. 2011, 9:19 von sidekicksuicideIt's a little bit late, but I had to let 2010 completely come to an end. There were some great records I was just hearing as the new year rolled in.
10. The Hold Steady - Heaven Is Whenever
I just started to get into The Hold Steady last year, so I don't have the same long history with the band as some people. A lot of people criticized this album for not having the sparkle of their last couple, but it's a solid, fun rock record. It was summery in the summer, but has kept it's relevancy into the winter. The loss of Franz Nicolay gives the band fewer over-zealous background vocals and piano parts, but Tad Kubler's guitar parts have a chance to shine. Lyrically, Heaven Is Whenever doesn't pack much punch, but the fun music makes it a solid Hold Steady release.
9. The National - High Violet
2. Jan. 2011, 15:51 von el_backpulverHello all together,
it has been 365 days since I last evaluated a bunch of records and told you which ones I liked the best. And since 365 days make a full year (at least if it's not a bissextile ) you might guess that this time I give you my top ten list of 2010.
Just for your information (rather not overuse these abbreviations), my evaluating system hasn't changed so if you checked out my last years journal entry, you will be familiar with it. In case you missed it and wanna know what the heck I'm talking about, just read the paragraphs 3 - 4 of this entry.
Okay then, as last year I'll start with the records with a probability up to 40% in alphabetical order.
Bane - 7:58 am Perth EP
Bleeding Through - Self-Titled
Bomb The Music Industry - Adults!!!... Smart!!! Shithammered!!! And Excited By Nothing!!!!!!!
City Lights - Burned Out Bright
Hold Steady, The - Heaven Is Whenever
Look Mexico - To Bed to Battle
Tub Ring - Secret Handshake
23. Dez. 2010, 3:28 von vinhoffAlbums:
10. The Hold Steady - Heaven Is Whenever
9. Stephen Egerton - The Seven Degrees of Stephen Egerton
8. Against Me! - White Crosses
7. The Menzingers - Chamberlain Waits
6. Bruce Springsteen - The Promise
5. The Bouncing Souls - Ghosts on the Boardwalk
4. The Riot Before - Rebellion
2. Iron Chic - Not Like This
2. RVIVR - RVIVR
1. The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang
10. The Great Explainer - The Way Things Swell
9. Dave Hause - Resolutions
8. Thousandaires - Million Dollar Move, Two Dollar Shot
7. Red City Radio - Spinning In Circles Is A Gateway Drug
6. Frank Turner - Rock & Roll
5. Banquets - Nothing Is Fucked Here
4. Let Me Run - Broken Strings
3. RVIVR - Dirty Water
2. RVIVR - Derailer
1. Bridge and Tunnel - Indoor Voices
8. Nov. 2010, 11:39 von el_backpulverAhoi,
welcome to a month full of concerts and dilettante live show reviews. This time I’ll take you to three shows of Folk influenced Punk Rock of different levels, audience- and skillwise. Hope you’ll enjoy it.
11/05/2010 - The Gaslight Anthem w/ The Riot Before, Sharks and Chuck Ragan - C-Halle
While the increase of the audience over the years is a linear development for most bands, there are some exceptions, which seem to rather have an exponential growth of the crowd. One of those exceptions is New Jersey’s The Gaslight Anthem, who received comprehensive critical acclaim for their latest release “American Slang”, maybe to a lesser extend due to the records quality but more because they earned the Boss’ appreciation for their mixture of Punk Rock and this springsteenesque Blues and Folk Rock. If that was the main reason why they were able to play in front of 3,000 instead of 400 people this year, was a question to be answered.
29. Aug. 2010, 13:33 von sunburntkamelI've already forgotten a bunch, I might as well start a list somewhere, before I lose any more. As of posting, there's 423.
Most seen band (6 or 7 times, lost track): Chevelle
5 times: Opeth, Black Tusk, Pallbearer
4 times: dredg, Mates of State, High on Fire, Why?, Spoon, Shearwater, Converge, Ume, Torche, ASG, True Widow, Deafheaven
3 times: Cake, Bride, Tub Ring, Mucca Pazza, Voxtrot, Lucky Boys Confusion, Newsboys, Stars, Orphaned Land, Skeletonwitch, Coheed and Cambria, Eagle Claw, The Appleseed Cast, Touche Amore, Melvins, YOB, My Education, The Joy Formidable, The Sword, KEN mode, Kvelertak, Kylesa, Baroness, Austra, Pelican
Twice: In Flames, Arcade Fire, Mastodon, Tegan and Sara, Cut Chemist,The Dresden Dolls, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Dream Theater, Clouds, Ruby Isle, Jucifer, Jens Leckman, DeVotchKa, Basia Bulat, Dethklok, Wolf Parade, Pinback, The Weird Weeds, Týr, SuidAkrA, Burst, Laura Viers, The Octopus Project, Coalesce…