8. Apr. 2012, 12:26 von IschianoScalo
21. Mär. 2011, 23:26 von darren86
18. Dez. 2010, 11:37 von thomas10http://heartofglass.altervista.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/The-Velvet-Underground-Nico-The-Velvet-Underground.jpg
1 The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
One would be hard pressed to name a rock album whose influence has been as broad and pervasive as The Velvet Underground and Nico. While it reportedly took over a decade for the album's sales to crack six figures, glam, punk, new wave, goth, noise, and nearly every other left-of-center rock movement owes an audible debt to this set. While The Velvet Underground had as distinctive a sound as any band, what's most surprising about this album is its diversity. Here, the Velvets dipped their toes into dreamy pop ("Sunday Morning"), tough garage rock ("Waiting For The Man"), stripped-down R&B ("There She Goes Again"), and understated love songs ("I'll Be Your Mirror") when they weren't busy creating sounds without pop precedent. …
16. Okt. 2009, 8:31 von rikvanorsouwThu 15 Oct – Bootleg Beatles, Mark & the Spies
A beautiful evening of great Beatles music. A lot of singing along and what a hilarious show! They are really real life copies of John, Paul, George and Ringo. The same movements, the same voices and the same physics.
These songs were played (probably incomplete and not in the right order)
From Me to You
She Loves You
All My Loving
I Feel Fine
Can't Buy Me Love
If I Needed Someone
You've Got to Hide Your Love Away (solo John)
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
With a Little Help from My Friends
Strawberry Fields Forever
Blackbird (solo Paul)
Here Comes the Sun
The Ballad of John and Yoko
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
I Saw Her Standing There
14. Jul. 2009, 22:18 von lonelyshipsUsing only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer these questions. Pass it on to people you like! You can't use the band I used. Do not repeat a song title. It's a lot harder than you think! Re-post as "My Life According to (BAND NAME)"
Pick Your Artist: Rise Against
Are you a female or male?
I'm a Loser
How do you Feel:
I Feel Fine
Things I Don't Understand:
Describe Where You Currently Live:
Your favorite form of transportation:
Your best friend is:
Your favorite color is:
For You Blue
What's The Weather Like:
Good Day Sunshine
Favorite Time of Day:
If your life was a TV show, what would it be called:
Your Mother Should Know
What is Life to You:
Free as a Bird
Fixing a Hole
When I'm Sixty-Four
What is the best advice you have to give:
Don't Ever Change
12. Feb. 2009, 9:14 von rockrobster23Originally, this entry was supposed to coincide with Bruce Springsteen's Super Bowl halftime performance, but I am both busy and lazy, which is one hell of a combination for writing timely pieces. If I was a journalist, I'd be fired. Sacked. Shown the door. But, having been thrown out of plenty of places, I have practice on not letting it hit me in the ass on the way out.
Anyway, it struck me that recent Super Bowl halftime shows have most often featured older stars with a lot of mainstream appeal: Paul McCartney, Prince, Springsteen (more about him below), Tom Petty, etc. And I started wondering, who of the current generation of pop stars might be playing at the Super Bowl in five years? Ten years? Leave some guesses if you want.
The Great Super Bowl Halftime Missed Opportunity
If the Ramones were all still alive, they could easily fit eight songs into the 12-minute time limit, and it wouldn't even need to be a medley. Are they mainstream enough, now? Well, kinda yeah, I think. …
24. Nov. 2008, 3:16 von AluK
13. Nov. 2008, 1:44 von DerekBowieI know it's been done before, but the thing is, I've never done it before. So I'm going to write a little something about The Beatles.
I'm not sure when exactly my first Beatles moment was. I don't even remember the first song I heard by them and cared. What I do know is that it wasn't all that long ago, and that the first album I listened to properly was Abbey Road. Gradually I found the rest, and now I'm just missing all of what's before Help! except I Want to Hold Your Hand and Please Please Me.
This is because I got Please Please Me and wasn't all that impressed, really. I mean, I Saw Her Standing There is really good, and Twist and Shout is strangely enthralling (will his vocal chords snap on this chorus? this one? this one?), but the rest I could take or leave. Then, skipping over three albums, the next one I had was Help!, and the situation was similar. Yesterday yes, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away yes (anthology version is better I think though), Help! yes yes yes, but the rest? Meh. …
22. Okt. 2008, 20:49 von LlorenzaThe Beatles - Rubber Soul
Aha! The Beatles are heading more to the music they're known for. You already hear it at the opening track (which is again the most known song of the album): Drive My Car. A typical hit single, but it has already more intelligent lyrics than the previous albums (especially the "beep beep yeah!" haha) and a more original sound than a "plain" rock 'n' roll song. A good starter of a very fine album.
Drive My Car is followed by Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), known for the use of a sitar (although not very prominent, if you ask me) and for its mysterious lyrics (just read Wikipedia on this, interesting!). But, the most important thing: it is a very beautiful and original song. Overall, the songs on this album are calmer than on the previous albums, which results in more grown-up and much more original songs. Where on the previous albums the songs could been have brought by any other band, on this album the fundaments for the typical Beatles sound are laid.
29. Jul. 2008, 19:23 von manda_roccoApós meses de sumiço virtual nesse blog, estou de volta! :D
Como eu não queria fazer um post comum , q tal um top 20?
As 20 'mais-mais' dos fab-four inventores do rock! :PP
1. All My Loving
3. Please Mister Postman
4. Ticket to Ride
5. Get Back
6. Across the Universe
7. In My Life
8. Nowhere Man
9. I'm Happy Just to Dance with You
10. I Should Have Known Better
11. Octopus's Garden
12. All I've Got to Do
13. We Can Work It Out
14. I've Just Seen a Face
15. You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
16. You Really Got a Hold on Me
17. All Together Now
18. Revolution 1
19. It Won't Be Long
20. Come Together
É difícil escolher uma entre tantas canções viuu...