8. Apr. 2012, 12:26 von IschianoScalo
29. Apr. 2009, 21:55 von orzeszek_axia
2. Sep. 2008, 20:51 von LlorenzaThe Beatles – With The Beatles
Finally! The Beatles! One of the big reasons I started this “Let’s listen to 1001 albums, yay!” thing, is because of the Beatles. Of course I know their big hits and I have already heard Abbey Road, but that’s about it. I reckon the book will mention most of their albums, so if everything goes well, I will be a Beatles connoisseur in the end. ;)
Now, this is their second album (apparently the first one wasn’t worth mentioning), and it was the first album by a British band to sell over a million copies. Then it deserves a place in the ultimate album ranking, of course.
First things first: the music on this album is nothing original. It’s not like the later Beatles sound: this is an album filled with ‘ordinary’ pop songs. But damn, what kind of pop songs! Sometimes you just know from the first note that the music is great, (let’s forget about the times you get disappointed again after the second song): this is one of those albums. The enthousiasm of It Won't Be Long (Yeah. …
29. Jul. 2008, 19:23 von manda_roccoApós meses de sumiço virtual nesse blog, estou de volta! :D
Como eu não queria fazer um post comum , q tal um top 20?
As 20 'mais-mais' dos fab-four inventores do rock! :PP
1. All My Loving
3. Please Mister Postman
4. Ticket to Ride
5. Get Back
6. Across the Universe
7. In My Life
8. Nowhere Man
9. I'm Happy Just to Dance with You
10. I Should Have Known Better
11. Octopus's Garden
12. All I've Got to Do
13. We Can Work It Out
14. I've Just Seen a Face
15. You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
16. You Really Got a Hold on Me
17. All Together Now
18. Revolution 1
19. It Won't Be Long
20. Come Together
É difícil escolher uma entre tantas canções viuu...
19. Jul. 2008, 9:54 von dominoodancingwłączony odtwarzacz na losowe xD
i się zrobiło to oto coś...^^
Napisy początkowe: Pet Shop Boys - Rent (no genialnie się zaczyna :])
Wstawanie: Akurat - Pa Pa Pa...
Pierwszy dzień w szkole: Backstreet Boys - Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely (ej no nie! ^^)
Zakochanie: Christina Aguilera - Slow Down Baby ^^
Zakończenie szkoły: Christina Aguilera - Save Me from Myself
Koncertowanie/Taniec: Blade Loki - Maszyna (tzn., że nie umiem się ruszać? xD)
Życie jest OK: Nelly Furtado - Te Busque (wybitnie:D)
Mentalne załamanie: Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
Jazda samochodem: Michael Buble - Just One More Dance (coś mi tu nie pasuje :P)
Wspomnienie: Grabaż i Strachy Na Lachy - Czerwony Autobus :O
Wspólny powrót: The Beatles - It Won't Be Long
Narodziny dziecka: Christina Aguilera - Dirrty (ja nie mogę, lepsza ta piosenka nie mogła być!!^^)
Wesele: Blade Loki - Witaj Na (...ulicy, gdzie króluje matka boska :?)
22. Mär. 2008, 10:08 von lisalulu08what would the soundtrack be? I'm going to use my playlist to find out! What I do is: I play my playlist and write the song for each catogory without skipping - even if the song's wrong - I will only skip when I've done this catogory! Here goes! The tracks will be listed, along with comments! You can have a go if you like. :)
I'm with You Not good - it's sad. :(
Shut Your EyesHow ironic!
Arriving At School:
ABC That fits!
Boring Maths Lesson:
House of CardsThat could work!
A New Crush:
LollipopHa, ha! Random!
Dancing in the Moonlight Perfect! :D
It Won't Be LongGood! :)
ConorNo, no, no!!! It's too sad!
Fight for Your Right Err, wrong!
Saving My FaceWRONG!
"I Love You":
Being for the Benefit of Mr. KiteWhat an odd way to finish!
8. Feb. 2008, 16:26 von JoeIsListeningMon 4 Feb – RIchard Thompson - 1000 Years of Popular Music
Not even the reserved Northeast Ohio crowd could dampen Richard Thompson's spirits as he brought his 1000 Years of Popular Music show to the Kent Stage. I say reserved because my wife and I were the only ones clapping along to the mean-spirited but rocking Blackleg Miner, and singing along to the music hall favorite Trafalgar Square - much to the disdainful looks of those RT true believers around us.
This was our first RT show. I'd been hearing about him on and off since I worked in a record store in the late '70's. Someone tried to sell me on Shoot Out the Lights, and my reaction, as I recall, was "I don't want to buy a record about somebody's divorce."
Maybe it was learning the guitar that changed my perspective. It certainly changed my feelings about Jimi Hendrix. And when I began haunting acoustic guitar newsgroups, RT's name was recurrent as a revered figure. …
8. Feb. 2007, 0:40 von mlle_kitty1. What are you listening to right now?
You Know I'm No Good
2. What song makes you sad?
anything can make you sad if you're in the right kind of mood. Although I really like the song, sometimes Haitian Divorce can bring me down. 'Cause, you know, it's about divorces. I can't completely tune out the lyrics.
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
4. Your all time favorite band(s)?
5. Your newly discovered band is?
6. Best female voice?
Karrin Allyson. She's so very casually seductively beautiful. I need to listen to more female voices, though.
7. Best male voice?
Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison, Harry Nilsson, Andy Partridge...plenty more.
8. Music type you find yourself listening to more?
Rock? that's it exactly, rock with a question mark.
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
Heart of the Sunrise. Or It Won't Be Long.
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
12. Bands you find yourself listening to the most right now?
5. Jan. 2007, 11:31 von michael_woodA few debates at work lead to us creating a few lists and albums of The Beatles. Cutting the chase...
My "Make The White Album into one great record" album
1. Back in the U.S.S.R.
2. The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
3. Mother Nature's Son
4. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
7. Revolution 1
8. Happiness Is a Warm Gun
9. I’m So Tired
10. Long Long Long
11. Good Night
Select one track from each Beatles Album:
Please Please Me – I Saw Her Standing There
With the Beatles – It Won't Be Long
A Hard Day's Night – Any Time at All
Beatles for Sale – Baby’s in Black
Help! – You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
Rubber Soul – Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
Revolver – Here, There and Everywhere
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band – Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite
The Beatles (The White Album) - Long, Long, Long
Yellow Submarine – Only a Northern Song
25. Mai. 2006, 2:07 von VegeduckHere's another guess the songs game, but with a minor twist. Instead of identifying each song by its opening lyrics, here you're provided with the final line in the song and have to guess them. This is, of course, barring any 'oohs' 'ahhs,' or assorted screams/noises that often end songs. Good luck!
1. "...and I can see me drowning, caught in the fire..."
2. "Yes you could say she was attractively built
Yeh, yeh, yeh"
3. "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."
Won't Get Fooled Again
4. "I know- it's serious."
Girlfriend in a Coma
5. "Tried to say
Tried to say
Tried to say
Tried to say ...."
Everything in Its Right Place
6. "I feel it now I hope you feel it too
I'm having the blues."
For You Blue
7. "Goodbye girl, goodbye girl, goodbye girl, goodbye girl."
Cheating on You
8. "It won't be long, 'til I belong to you"
It Won't Be Long
9. "Let this wash all over me"