2. Mai. 2008, 21:28 von Ravian18
1. Mai. 2008, 18:16 von annodamydalAnother immigrant from the deviantART.
Pink Floyd may be my favorite band now, but I will never forget how much I loved the Beatles when I was smaller, and even though I have expanded my tastes, I still love listening to them. Who's ready for another obsessive list?
Instrumental, and one of Ringo Starr's few songs. Only recently, I thought it wouldn't be out of place in a video game, as a walking theme.
I first heard this when I was six. I thought Ringo was somehow related to me and/or knew me because he had the most awesome birthday in the world, aka. mine (July 7)
20. I Want to Hold Your Hand
One of my first Beatles songs. Someone danced to it in a school talent show, leading me to want to dance the next year to...
19. I Saw Her Standing There
I used to dance to this when I was five and six. It was mainly spinning though. But: I thought that if I wore heels, I'd look seventeen for the dance. That thought was bolstered by the fact that when I smeared play makeup on my face and put Mom's heels on…
23. Apr. 2008, 21:07 von supfakerTake ten bands/artists that should play at your show and determine their set lists:
- The first one plays 5 songs.
- The second one plays 5 songs.
- The third one plays 5 songs.
- The fourth one plays 5 songs.
- The fifth one plays 6 songs.
- The sixth one plays 7 songs.
- The seventh one plays 7 songs.
- The eighth one plays 7 songs.
- The ninth one plays 11 songs.
- The tenth one plays 14 songs, with a 2 song encore.
1. Sondre Lerche
1. (I Wanna) Call It Love
2. After All
3. Suffused With Love
4. All Luck Ran Out
5. Things You Call Fate
2. Cat Stevens
1. Here Comes My Baby
2. Father And Son
3. If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out
4. Oh Very Young
5. Wild World
3. The Libertines
1. Can't Stand Me Now
2. Tell the King
3. What Katie Did
4. For Lovers
5. What Became Of The Likely Lads?
4. The Kinks
2. Picture Book
4. A Long Way from Home
5. The Shins
2. Mär. 2008, 10:34 von DarthemedThe film The Jacket, with Adrien Brody, is fantastic. (It's a playful little meditation on the nature of the fourth dimension with respect to the effects our actions have on those around us,) I recommend using the following audio in conjunction with it, on a cold night. Or at least with a cold source nearby. Use of acid is also recommended, but not endorsed, suggested, held not quantifiable, culpable, or by this individual. Regardless, enjoy the film. And leave it playing. Even if you decided to go make a sandwich in the middle of the film, hat would be cool, but leave this on repeat for maximum effect.
What Kind of Animal are You?
You Never Give Me Your Money
Blood from the Air
The Auto-Asphyxiating Hierophant
Mean Mr. Mustard
Triple Sons and the One You Bury
boy in the suitcase
She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
The Golden Section
Carry That Weight
The Pope Held Upside Down
22. Dez. 2007, 17:28 von effinpeazNicked from Norml ;)
10. Sufjan Stevens
First song I heard: Chicago
Song that made me fall in Love: Let's just say his whole Christmas album.
Current Fave: Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
9. The Hives
First song I heard: Hate To Say I Told You So
Song that made me fall in love: Die, All Right!
Current Fave: Tick Tick Boom
8. Arcade Fire
First Song I heard: Rebellion (Lies)
Song that made me fall in love: Une Annee Sans Lumiere/Wake Up/Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
Current Fave: Black Mirror
7. Death Cab for Cutie
First song I head: Soul Meets Body
Song that made me fall in love: I Will Follow You Into The Dark
Current fave: Transatlanticism
First song I heard: I Turn My Camera On
Song that made me fall in love: I Summon You
Current Fave: Small Stakes
5. The Beatles
First song I heard: Oh gosh. Yesterday.
19. Dez. 2007, 8:43 von rjt210Post your top fifteen bands/artists, the first song you heard of theirs, the song that made you fall in love, and your current favorite.
First Song: Airbag
Love Song: all of OK Computer
Current Favorite: Last Flowers
#2 Elliott Smith
First Song: Speed Trials
Love Song: Between the Bars
Current Favorite: Because
#3 Brand New
First Song: Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades
Love Song: Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't
Current Favorite: untitled 1
#4 Sufjan Stevens
First Song: Chicago
Love Song: They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From the Dead!! Ahhhh!
Current Favorite: Come on! Feel the Illinoise!
#5 The Beatles
First Song: I honestly have no idea, it was so long ago.
Love Song: I Am the Walrus
Current Favorite: Golden Slumbers
#6 The Smashing Pumpkins
First Song: Zero
Love Song: Tonight, Tonight
Current Favorite: 1979
First Song: Loser
Love Song: Where It's At
Current Favorite: Girl
#8 The Flaming Lips
22. Nov. 2007, 3:22 von clotwoPost your top fifteen bands/artists, the first song you heard of theirs, the song that made you fall in love, and your current favourite.
1. Ryan Adams
New York, New York. I thought it was lame. Still kind of do.
Fell in love:
My Love For You Is Real
Push Th' Little Daisies
Fell in love:
Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down)
Hmmm... I guess at the moment, Sweetheart.
3. Randy Newman
Fell in love:
He Gives Us All His Love
4. The Beatles
Love Me Do
Fell in love:
5. The Beach Boys
Fell in love:
That's Not Me
Aren't You Glad
6. Elliott Smith
Fell in love:
7. Paul McCartney
Live And Let Die
8. Nov. 2007, 22:46 von Uturn98Being the big masculine Viking I am, I don't normally weep listening to songs, but these songs, new and old, famous and unkown has in some rare moment in the past forced a tear from eyes...or at least been very close at it. You know, there is just some songs that can touch the very sould of your heart. You can't always tell if it's the melody, the lyrics, or the situation you find yourself in as you listen, but these songs just catch unto your heart and stays there.
2. House Of Wax
4. Desert Rose
5. Elton John
6. Let It Be
7. Dave Matthews
8. [track artist=I walk the line]Live[/track
9. [track artist=Newsboys]presence[/track]
10. [track artist=Gerry & The pacemakers]Ferry cross the Mercey[/track]
11. [track artist=Genesis]No son of mine[/track]
12. [track artist=Aerosmith]Dream on[/track]
13. [track artist=The Beatles]Golden slumbers[/track]
14. [track artist=The Beatles]Strawberry fields[/track] (The Anthology version)
15. [track artist=The Beatles]For no one[/track]
16. [track artist=Bing Crosby]White christmas[/track]
17. [track artist=Elton John]Belfast[/track]
18. [track artist=Sarah Brightman]Just show me how to love you[/track]
19. [track artist=Sarah Brightman]Time to say goodbye[/track]
20. [track artist=John Lennon]Woman[/track]
21. [track artist=The Beatles]Yesterday[/track]
22. [track artist=Kim Larsen]Dengang da jeg var lille[/track]
13. Okt. 2007, 20:24 von star_struck_one
9. Mär. 2007, 21:00 von DethmerchantStep 1: Open up whatever MP3 program you use and add every song in your collection.
Step 2: Put it on random.
Step 3: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarassing the song.
Step 4: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 5: Cross out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 6: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
1. Thunder and lightning, the gods take revenge Metal Militia
2. Eyes opened up within the moist and dark
3. "Bang" goes another kanga The Dreaming
4. You're searching for your mind, don't know where to start
5. Freak out and give in Cherub Rock
6. Stapled shut - inside an outside world Before I Forget
7. If you want to hang out, you've got to take her outCocaine
8. Will I just tell you to give up?
9. There's a time for lies
10. I saw the gap again today Pushit
11. He was a hard-headed man Life In The Fast Lane
12. Oh, Melissa Is That You, Melissa?