21. Aug. 2013, 16:11 von AliGuz
24. Jan. 2012, 21:11 von JoJo_Bahhttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41THFSQPHWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Fount this album over at Amazon for a reasonable price! This released extended play is from the plunderphonics/turntablism group, The Avalanches. Electricity EP is an extended play album, contains four tracks plus one bonus track with the Frontier Psychiatrist official video, and was released December 3, 2001. There is a limited amount left on Amazon.
Check them out here.
19. Apr. 2011, 23:18 von benharris16Ok, so i did it for the 90s and i got bored and did it for the 2000s too. I found it a lot harder to compile this list and done it in around half an hour. So i may have missed some really good stuff. I got most down at least though. A lot of good stuff missed out though. Found it a lot harder writing this one, maybe it's because i have more material from this decade than the 90s, but i seemed to have a lot more to choose from! Hope there is some stuff for you to enjoy here, and likewise hope to put some youtube tags on at some point to make it easier for people to listen to the tracks. Also, the tracks aren't in any particular order!
Daft Punk - One More Time
Daft Punk - Verdis Quo
The Shins - Australia
The Bloody Beetroots - Have Mercy On Us
Radiohead - Reckoner
Justice - Phantom Pt. II
The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist
Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
The Strokes - Someday
Lemon Jelly - Nice Weather For Ducks
Modeselektor - Deboutonner
Basement Jaxx - Where's Your Head At
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
31. Aug. 2010, 19:10 von Samwiiise
31. Mai. 2010, 15:18 von XemperIn April 2008 I made a list of 12 songs that I was enjoying at that moment in time. I called it my Album of the Moment and ever since, this album has been chopped and changed as I grew tired of old songs and discovered new ones. So far, 160 different songs have appeared in my album of the moment, some of which I took the effort to write about, many I haven't. If you browse the journal, I'm sure you'll find some of them.
Below is a list of the first 50 tracks that appeared in my Album of the Moment. It took a surprisingly long time to link up all the songs so its just the first 50 for now but I'll add the rest in a little while (when I can be bothered). Meanwhile all the songs can be viewed on my AOTM playlist:
#001: Vampire Weekend - A-Punk
#002: The Young Knives - Mummy Light The Fire
#003: The Futureheads - Danger of the Water
#004: The Smiths - That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
#005: The Changes - On A String
#006: Friendly Fires - Paris
10. Mai. 2010, 2:30 von EhrnstromThis is my list of my favorite 35 albums I've listened to, or been largely exposed to, since I started college. I limited each spot to a unique artist, so while there are some artists that would have potentially taken up several spots, I wanted this list to represent more artistic diversity than just specifically the albums themselves.
35. Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 2002
While I'm not the biggest Wilco fan, this is my favorite album of theirs as their songwriting seems more mature and slightly darker than on Summerteeth. Wilco certainly doesn't lack in melodic hooks and excellent instrumentation.
Favorite Track: I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
34. The Strange Boys - The Strange Boys and Girls Club 2009
The Strange Boys don't really try to break new ground or blow you away with their technical prowess, but they do represent the power of a few chords and an electric guitar. …
17. Dez. 2009, 4:46 von notaninjaRolling Stone recently came out with their top 100 songs of the decade and it really disappointed me. Not only was their list mostly composed of major label artists, but it also lacked a lot of the hindsight of the past decade, focusing only on artists from the past few years.
I vowed then and there to make a better list -- I'm not saying that these are the best 100 songs of the past decade, but I think this list better represents artists large and small, singles and non-singles, and also reflects music of the past decade more than what Rolling Stone put out there. You're welcome to disagree with me as you like.
1. At the Drive-In - Arcarsenal
2. Radiohead - Knives Out
3. Shipwreck - Melusine
4. Deltron 3030 - 3030
5. Deftones - Change (In the House of Flies)
6. Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
7. !!! - Feel Good Hit of the Fall
8. Interpol - Obstacle 1
9. ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - Another Morning Stoner
10. The Dismemberment Plan - Following Through
11. Rainer Maria - Artificial Light
4. Dez. 2009, 2:56 von inthe_modernage
24. Okt. 2009, 17:26 von floor_
23. Okt. 2009, 16:25 von benharris16I got bored when ill so decided to do this using my iTunes library to figure out favourite songs of each year. Was hard missing some real favourites songs out lol - Might even do a top 10 list of each year as my iTunes library grows and grows!! Try it for yourself if you have a lot of time to spare to, so i don't have to look like the only sad one ;)
1963 - Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
1964 - The Kinks - You Really Got Me
1965 - Bob Dylan - Desolation Row
1966 - The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby
1967 - The Doors - The End
1968 - The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
1969 - The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
1970 - Derek and the Dominos - Layla
1971 - Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks
1972 - Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water
1973 - Pink Floyd - Money
1974 - Stevie Wonder - They Won't Go When I Go
1975 - Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part 1)
1976 - The Eagles -Hotel California
1977 - AC/DC - Whole Lotta Rosie
1978 - The Jacksons - Blame It on the Boogie
1979 - Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)