10. Jun. 2011, 18:21 von vesselinux"Even big collections of ordinary books distort space and time, as can readily be proved by anyone who has been around a really old-fashioned second-hand bookshop, one of those that has more staircases than storeys and those rows of shelves that end in little doors that are surely too small for a full sized human to enter. The relevant equation is Knowledge = Power = Energy = Matter = Mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. Mass distorts space into polyfractal L-space, in which Everywhere is also Everywhere Else. All libraries are connected in L-space by the bookwormholes created by the strong space-time distortions found in any large collection of books. ", Guards! Guards!, Terry Pratchett
10. Jun. 2011, 18:06 von vesselinux"You have shown me that I am more than just a rat. If I am not more than a rat, I am nothing at all.", The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents, Terry Pratchett
16. Jan. 2010, 2:48 von vesselinux"If it continues long enough, even a reign of terror may become a fondly remembered period. People believe they want justice and wise government but, in fact, what they really want is an assurance that tomorrow will be very much like today.", Lord Vetinari, Feet of Clay, Terry Pratchett
9. Jan. 2010, 13:20 von vesselinux"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.", Sourcery, Terry Pratchett
24. Mai. 2007, 1:43 von LevielYay! Cool tools to track my listening habits, whoot! Such as the nifty new "
" in my user profile - I check it each week, so it's nice to have an average with which to compare stats. Plus:
My eclectic score is currently
This is calculated by taking my top 20 artists. For each of these artists, the top 5 similar artists are collected. The resulting number of unique artists is my eclectic score. Since my score is larger than 80, I have an eclectic musical preference.
The 87 related artists for my profile are Ace Troubleshooter, Akeboshi, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Anathema, Arch Enemy (2), Ashton Nyte, Ashton Nyte and the Accused (2), Audio Adrenaline (2), Beatsteaks, Bloodgood, Bob Dylan (2), C. S. Lewis, Children of Bodom (2), Chris Chameleon, Clint Mansell, Dark Tranquillity (3), DC Talk…
6. Nov. 2006, 12:30 von allegrakabukiBjörk ate my mix!
This is by far the strangest thing that's ever happened to me, involving CDs, mp3s, and, well...data aberrations?
Remember "Good Omens", the book by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett? One of the heroes, a devil, had an uncanny problem with his car stereo - namely, every single tape he'd play in it would eventually turn into Bohemian Rhapsody after a few days of playback. Which would piss him off big time.
Now, I'm doing some major CD clean-ups at home. I don't mean my regular albums, but all the CDs containing data - either graphics or mp3s or video files, or ones I used while recording music etc... there are heaps and heaps of them, they are all over the place.They drive me nuts. I decided to get them together, label them properly and possibly record them onto DVD-R's to spare the space. While cleaning up I found a few of my old mix-cds, and mp3-mix-cds. I took one, containing three huge mp3 mixes to work today. …