27. Aug. 2014, 11:59 von anthonycarew
15. Mai. 2014, 15:41 von Hebefrenia
2. Jan. 2014, 17:12 von cnpubwear
17. Dez. 2013, 20:13 von tenoftears
16. Okt. 2013, 12:24 von anthonycarew
21. Aug. 2013, 13:45 von anthonycarew
3. Mär. 2013, 15:57 von Jack_Gardner1&U&I
The 2 Bears
And So I Watch You From Afar x2
Band of Skulls
The Black Keys
Blood Red Shoes
Bombay Bicycle Club
British Sea Power x3
Crash of Rhinos
Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip
Django Django x2
Dry the River x2
East India Youth
Fight Like Apes
First Aid Kit
Funeral for a Friend
The Future of the Left x3
Gunning For Tamar x2
Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott
Hold Your Horse Is
I Break Horses
Johnny Foreigner x5
Los Campesinos! x3
15. Jan. 2013, 4:20 von CCS_TOMhttp://i47.tinypic.com/b47xcj.png
01. Nelly Furtado "Spirit Indestructible"
02. The Presets "Ghosts"
03. Haley Reinhart "Free"
04. Kasabian "Man Of Simple Pleasures"
05. Kylie Minogue "Timebomb"
06. Nelly Furtado "Big Hoops (Bigger The Better)"
07. The Chevin "Champion"
08. OneRepublic "Feel Again"
09. Will Young "I Just Want A Lover"
10. Garbage "Blood For Poppies"
11. Linkin Park "Lost In The Echo"
12. Santigold "Big Mouth"
13. Alphabeat "Love Sea"
14. Train "50 Ways To Say Goodbye"
15. will.i.am "Scream & Shout" (feat. Britney Spears)
16. M.I.A. "Bad Girls"
17. Linkin Park "Burn It Down"
18. Foster the People "Call It What You Want"
19. Francisca Valenzuela "Buen Soldado"
20. Foo Fighters "These Days"
21. Childish Gambino "Heartbeat"
22. Electric Guest "This Head I Hold"
2. Jan. 2013, 20:52 von friday55It's been a great year for music - and the best stuff is as diverse as ever. There have been comebacks (Orbital and Saint Etienne), epics (Swans - The Seer and Chromatics - Kill for Love), very good albums from genres I don't usually listen to, such as hip hop (Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d. city) and R&B (Frank Ocean - channel ORANGE and How to Dress Well - Total Loss), plenty of 80s and 90s-influenced sounds (Chromatics - Kill for Love, Wild Nothing - Nocturne, DIIV - Oshin and School of Seven Bells - Ghostory), excellent singer-songwriter albums (Sharon Van Etten - Tramp and Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do) and some truly ground-breaking electronic music (Burial - Kindred, TNGHT - TNGHT and Flying Lotus - Until the Quiet Comes).
My top 30 is perhaps more varied than in previous years. That could be due to my tastes changing or simply the quality of crossover albums. …
14. Dez. 2012, 20:59 von SoylenceI totally didn't do one of these last year and I don't want to have 2012 up but not 2011! So I'm doing 2011 first.
Note: If I had actually done this a year ago, there wouldn't be any differences in the albums I chose but I would have ordered them differently.
10. Architecture in Helsinki - Moment Bends
genre: indie pop / new wave revival
I like Architecture's recent efforts so much better than their initial twee efforts. Not that I don't like twee- I just think they're better suited to 80s style pop music. Seriously, every song on this album is great faux-80s pop. Except for "B4 3D", which is a bad song.
Fave songs: "Escapee", "Yr Go To"
9. Cake - Showroom of Compassion
genre: alt rock? with funk + country influences? IDK man.
This is IMO the best Cake album so far because of it's highly consistent quality. Yeah that's right, it's better than Fashion Nugget AND Comfort Eagle.
Fave song: "Federal Funding"