22. Dez. 2008, 14:04 von lunawhistler
23. Jul. 2008, 23:28 von madcap_tacoFri 18 Jul – Pitchfork Music Festival 2008
DAY ONE (07/19/2008)
This past weekend I went to the Pitchfork Music Festival for the third year in a row. I almost didn’t go this year because I thought the lineup was a bit underwhelming, but I am really glad that I made it after all. The artists I wanted to see were excellent, and many of the artists I saw who I did not know beforehand were quite good as well.
This year I went with Carlene, my girlfriend who has never been to a music festival or a concert, for that matter, and my good friend Roy, who went for the second year in a row.
On Saturday we arrived around 1pm. Titus Andronicus were playing some loud rock music but we wandered around to get a feel for the festival rather than check them out. It was raining off and on early in the afternoon, which made for some interesting sights. The ground was muddy as fuck in some places and there were even groups of people who were spreading the mud all over themselves and dancing around.
23. Apr. 2008, 21:07 von supfakerTake ten bands/artists that should play at your show and determine their set lists:
- The first one plays 5 songs.
- The second one plays 5 songs.
- The third one plays 5 songs.
- The fourth one plays 5 songs.
- The fifth one plays 6 songs.
- The sixth one plays 7 songs.
- The seventh one plays 7 songs.
- The eighth one plays 7 songs.
- The ninth one plays 11 songs.
- The tenth one plays 14 songs, with a 2 song encore.
1. Sondre Lerche
1. (I Wanna) Call It Love
2. After All
3. Suffused With Love
4. All Luck Ran Out
5. Things You Call Fate
2. Cat Stevens
1. Here Comes My Baby
2. Father And Son
3. If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out
4. Oh Very Young
5. Wild World
3. The Libertines
1. Can't Stand Me Now
2. Tell the King
3. What Katie Did
4. For Lovers
5. What Became Of The Likely Lads?
4. The Kinks
2. Picture Book
4. A Long Way from Home
5. The Shins
22. Dez. 2007, 17:28 von effinpeazNicked from Norml ;)
10. Sufjan Stevens
First song I heard: Chicago
Song that made me fall in Love: Let's just say his whole Christmas album.
Current Fave: Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
9. The Hives
First song I heard: Hate To Say I Told You So
Song that made me fall in love: Die, All Right!
Current Fave: Tick Tick Boom
8. Arcade Fire
First Song I heard: Rebellion (Lies)
Song that made me fall in love: Une Annee Sans Lumiere/Wake Up/Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
Current Fave: Black Mirror
7. Death Cab for Cutie
First song I head: Soul Meets Body
Song that made me fall in love: I Will Follow You Into The Dark
Current fave: Transatlanticism
First song I heard: I Turn My Camera On
Song that made me fall in love: I Summon You
Current Fave: Small Stakes
5. The Beatles
First song I heard: Oh gosh. Yesterday.
17. Dez. 2007, 8:25 von muffinmission
6. Okt. 2007, 0:26 von GirlishcalamityThis is a mix I made for Stephie. It took me unnecessarily long because I attempted to multitask.
01 Arboretum Vetiver
02 Speech Bubbles Why?
03 Slow Decade Wave Machines
04 Birds In The Sea Paleo
05 Poison Cup M. Ward
06 Seahorse Devendra Banhart
07 Van Helsing Boombox Man Man
08 Like It or Not Architecture in Helsinki
09 Leyendecker Battles
10 So sei viver no samba Cibelle
11 Atras Do Trio Electrico Caetano Veloso
12 Little Boys Devendra Banhart
13 Same Old Innocence Architecture in Helsinki
14 Small Stakes Spoon
15 dear sons & daughters of hungry ghosts Wolf Parade
16 The Body Breaks Devendra Banhart
30. Aug. 2007, 11:45 von abalos
19. Jun. 2007, 7:17 von laura_macI just got back today from my very first Bonnaroo. Incredible, incredible.
I left early Thursday morning, picked up my friend Kathryn in Nashville, and proceeded toward Manchester. The trip is usually less than an hour, but of course the traffic was heinous. We left Nashville at around 11:00 AM and got to our campsite at almost 5 PM. We were in one of the very farthest sites, about a 20-minute walk away from Centeroo (where all of the stages and other activities are) but since that's the distance I'm used to walking to class anyway it wasn't so bad.
It was BALLS HOT outside (as you'll see later, I'm not the only one who thought so). After we got the camp set up (which, astonishingly, went off without a hitch), we headed off to Centeroo to see some shows. We checked out Ryan Shaw first, since he was the first artist to play -- Bonnaroo's "opening pitch." We stayed for about three songs of his set and then moved on, to The Little Ones, where I got to hear Lovers Who Uncover, which was fun. …
15. Feb. 2007, 1:26 von dmaleus
30. Jun. 2006, 23:19 von ringlessfinger