22. Sep. 2010, 0:54 von joshblalock
23. Mai. 2010, 19:07 von FellowOttAs the holiday passed and the line began to grow, a festive green mini-bus rocketed by commanding a “Happy 4-20.” Stationed in downtown Denver, the night began as a low-key gathering, awaiting the Gothic Theatre’s open invitation. As the small crowd filed in, a feeling of irony set in as the old theatre screen my father once watched, remodeled for a new generation of entertainment seekers. The short wait ended and the evening’s first performers took stage.
Introducing themselves as “Giant Cloud from New Orleans,” the quintet embarked on a picturesque fantasy as (Vocalist/ Rhodes) Julie Odell ignited the soulful session. Dawning a straw cap, Benjamin Jones, (guitar, co-lead vocals) harmonized, as the band embellished with ethereal vocals and melodic versatility. Consistent executions of several instrumental Glissando effects, paired with simple lyrics and honeyed vocals struck chords of sultry Southern jazz and bold folk. Finishing their session, with one last appearance from their E. …
21. Mai. 2010, 19:56 von Greg9386
15. Mai. 2010, 16:24 von Greg9386
7. Mai. 2010, 22:22 von Greg9386
1. Mai. 2010, 15:53 von Greg9386
23. Apr. 2010, 21:37 von Greg9386
13. Nov. 2009, 5:34 von orgwellBenevento/Russo Duo
Sat, Nov. 7th '09; Baltimore, MD (The 8x10)
I just got home from a four-show run with The Duo, my first time seeing them in two years . I'm fairly certain they haven't played this region (mid-Atlantic East Coast) since then, with most of that time spent apart, to invest in solo-efforts & side-projects. Marco's released a string of solo albums, while Joe has been sitting in & touring with groups such as Further, and Younger Brother (live band).
I recall reading somewhere recently that they felt pigeonholed by their somewhat meteoric rise to success as a result of numerous tours with Phish bassist Mike Gordon ('04-'06), and one with both Mike & guitarist Trey Anastasio (summer '06). While touring success and merely being able to float above water are always desirable, breaking through rather unexpectedly can bring a band certain elements that they may not have intended, or even appreciated.
I have always loved Duo crowds. …
25. Jul. 2009, 20:01 von pandacorethis podcast is a mix of electronic, psych and kraut-rock. the music is definitely going to change for each podcast. anything from hip-hop to folk to drone and more. no pop!
link below, and/or you can join my facebook group here:
playing time: 25:51
download link: http://www. - the fifth one
Deastro - light powered
Junior Boys - bits & pieces
Fujiya & Miyagi - sore thumb
Beaches - sandy
Neu! - weissensee
Sean Bones - smoke rings
neu! - weissensee (continued)
Aero Sound - ready for take off (found an extraordinary compilation record called: kraut! demons! kraut! german psychedelic underground 1968 - 1974
9. Jul. 2009, 16:25 von baeblemusicHey all,
Lots of cool stuff right now, check it out!
The Guest Apartment: Sharon Van Etten
Sharon Van Etten recently stopped by to give an exclusive performance and interview here at Baeble HQ. Check out the goodies below:
We caught up with Busdriver as he was about to perform at the Mercury Lounge NYC recently. We've got his whole performance on the way for you all, but in the meantime get to know him in this exclusive interview:
Music Video for "Me Time (With the Pulmonary Palimpset)": http://www.baeblemusic.com/musicvideo/Busdriver/MeTimeWiththePulmonaryPalimpset.html
The Hook Up: Sean Bones
In honor of our recent concert video for Sean Bones…