15. Jan. 2009, 4:55 von guitar4799
1. Jun. 2008, 21:53 von RachelApatheticBest gig ever.
This just might be the best day dream I’ve ever had...
Take ten bands/artists that should play at your show and determine their set lists:
- The first one plays 5 songs.
- The second one plays 5 songs.
- The third one plays 5 songs.
- The fourth one plays 5 songs.
- The fifth one plays 6 songs.
- The sixth one plays 7 songs.
- The seventh one plays 7 songs.
- The eighth one plays 7 songs.
- The ninth one plays 11 songs.
- The tenth one plays 14 songs, with a 2 song encore.
1) Jesse Malin
Cigarettes & Violets
2) Okkervil River
Another Radio Song
The War Criminal Rises and Speaks
The Next Four Months
The Velocity of Saul at the Time of His Conversion
4) Pink Floyd
Learning to Fly
Wish You Were Here
5) The Beatles
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
A Day in the Life
21. Feb. 2008, 3:43 von arie_turnerI'm very bored and this is fun...
Post your top ten bands/artists on Last.fm, then the first song you heard of theirs, the song that made you fall in love, and your current favourite.
10 The Postal Service
First song heard: Such Great Heights
The song I fell in love with: The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
Current favourite: Brand New Colony
9 Ryan Adams
First song heard: Wonderwall
The song I fell in love with: Come Pick Me Up
Current favourite: I Taught Myself How To Grow Old
8 Rilo Kiley
First song heard: Portions of Foxes
The song I fell in love with: Pictures of Success
Current favourite: Under The Blacklight
First song heard: Your Ex-Lover Is Dead and Look Up
The song I fell in love with:Sleep Tonight
Current favourite:One Peak Hill, Take Me to the Riot or Barricade
6 Damien Rice
First song heard: Cannonball or Delicate
The song I fell in love with: 9 Crimes
Current favourite: Rootless Tree
5 Taking Back Sunday
First song heard: A Decade Under The Influence
4. Jan. 2008, 15:23 von Rockstar_Aimzhttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/2162312377_764d5507f2.jpg
1. Okkervil River - The Stage Names
This album grabbed me and never let go. Lead singer/songwriter Will Sheff writes and sings about the perils of becoming (relatively) famous, how to keep the band going when the tour becomes a drag, how weird it is to have groupies, and what happens when your creativity or songwriting ability dries up. The wonderful part of this album is the diversity of the songs (from rock Unless Its Kicks to suicide ballad Savannah Smiles to obvious motown influence You Can’t Hold the Hand of a Rock and Roll Man) and the array of instrumentation used (from coronet to pedal steel to rock piano). You can tell Sheff put a lot of time, thought, and effort into the songwriting, and his voice has really matured over the last few years. I actually had to ban myself from listening to this at about mid-October lest I burn out of it. I will love this album for a long, long time.
15. Dez. 2007, 5:23 von Cyb3rBurn3r1. How did you get into 31 (Foo Fighters)?
I heard a buncha their stuff around somewhere, and then I suddenly became addicted to Monkey Wrench via Guitar Hero 2 and I started listenin to more of their stuff.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22 (The Smashup)?
3. What's your favourite lyric by 29 (Maroon 5)?
"Hard to believe that
It's not over tonight
Just give me one more chance to make it right
I may not make it through the night
I won't go home without you"
4. What is your favorite album by 49 (Cheap Trick)?
Haha idunno any of their albums
5. What is your favoutire song by 25 (Blue Man Group)?
6. What is your favourite song by 50 (Franz Ferdinand)?
Take Me Out
7. Is there a song by 4 (Bad Religion) that makes you sad?
(haha me and the person that took this before me both had BR as #4)
butt...idunno. I guess Boot Stamping on a Human Face Forever but only sortaa
8. What is your favorite song by 15 (The Drama Club)?
26. Nov. 2007, 4:00 von rustystakeSuch a cool idea. I've been wanting to do this for a while. I limited myself to only use one song from every artist which made it pretty tough. I will probably update this as I think of different songs!
If you have any comments, please post! I'd love to hear some feedback.
1. Opening song: Everything in Its Right Place
2. Waking up: Teardrop
3. First date: Could We
4. First kiss: Love
5. Falling in love: You Look So Fine
6. Being in love: Kissing You
7. Breaking up: Who Let in the Rain
8. Making up: Try
9. Seeing an old love: Unsent
10. Heartbreak: Love Ridden
11. Revenge for the heartbreak: Angry Johnny
12. Driving fast: Do the Evolution
13. Fighting back: Anything But Down
14. Getting ready to go out: Out Tonight
15. Dancing in the club: I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
16. Flirting: Love at First Sight
17. Feeling sexy: Any Time, Any Place
18. Angry drunken stupor: Sunset Strip
19. Walking alone in the rain/snow: Silent All These Years
23. Sep. 2007, 17:39 von RachelApatheticHaving a very Ryan Adams day =]
Decided to pick my 2 favourite songs from each of the albums he has released - apart from 29 because its hard to pick only 2 songs from your favourite artist's best album.
Oh My Sweet Carolina
In My Time of Need
La Cienega Just Smiled
Harder Now That It's Over
Cry on Demand
She Wants To Play Hearts
Rock N Roll:
Rock N Roll
Love Is Hell:
Afraid Not Scared
How Do You Keep Love Alive
Jacksonville City Nights:
Hard Way to Fall
Blue Sky Blues
Elizabeth, You Were Born To Play That Part
The Sun Also Sets
I Taught Myself How To Grow Old
30. Jun. 2007, 15:26 von mm83What a way for me to be introduced to Ryan Adams's live show. I mean really, I'm still somewhat speechless from last night, although I'm going to do my best to find the words right now!
Let me start by explaining my love/hate relationship with the Somerville Theater. The venue itself is incredible. It's actually a gorgeous old movie theater, that still plays older movies daily and a handful of live performances. Needless to say, the theater is not very big, which gives the performer a very intimate setting with his audience. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to get tickets to shows here. This past February, Bright Eyes came to Somerville, and despite signing onto Ticketmaster the moment they went on sale, the show sold out before I could even put in my request. Anticipating the same issue when I saw that Ryan was coming to Somerville, I literally sat at my desk at work, continually pressing the refresh button 15 before tickets went on sale. Still, I was locked out. …