28. Okt. 2013, 22:08 von eucaine
14. Mär. 2012, 22:58 von ms3mx5Some of these links probably aren't right.
13 Billion Years x2
18 Wheels Of Justice x3
3 Doors Down x3
3 Inches of Blood
A Wanted Awakening x3
A Wilhelm Scream
Abigail Williams x2
Age of Taurus
All For Blood
All That Remains
Along Came The Flood
Altar of Plagues
Amon Amarth x3
Ancient VVisdom x2
Apollos Resurrection x3
Apostle Of Solitude
As I Lay Dying x3
Assault on the Living
Austrian Death Machine
Author & Punisher
Automatic Death Pill x2
Backstabbers Inc x2
3. Jan. 2011, 13:40 von Food_For_Cat
21. Mär. 2010, 20:33 von cruz992The venues are in San Francisco, Ca unless noted. Will add comments later. If you have comments, just message me or give me a shout.
Acetone 11.24.93 Slim's
Adamski 6.27.90 I-Beam
American Music Club 5.3.93 Slim's
Armoured Saint Central Park Bandshell La Palma,Ca
The Auteurs 4.22.93 Paradise Lounge
Beachwood Sparks Bottom Of The Hill
Beachwood Sparks Slim's
Beat Farmers 8.11.90 Slim's(First Set)
Beck 4.18.94 Slim's
Adrian Belew 9.16.89 Jones Beach Amphitheatre Wantagh,NY
Adrian Belew 9.17.89 Garden State Arts Center Holmdel,NJ
The Bel-Fires LA Street Scene LA,Ca
Belly 4.13.93 Slim's(First Show)
Bettie Serveert 10.17.93 Great American Music Hall
Bettie Serveert 4.6.93 Club Oasis San Jose,Ca
Bettie Serveert The Fillmore
The Black Watch 2.17.94 Bottom Of The Hill
Blake Babies 2.11.91 Slim's
Blood on the Saddle LA Street Scene LA,Ca
Blow-Up The Roxy Hollywood,Ca
The Blue Aeroplanes 7.1.90 The Warfield
Blue Nile 8.1.90 Great American Music Hall
The Bluetones 9.11.96 Bottom Of The Hill
28. Jul. 2009, 22:53 von red_apple_falls
18. Dez. 2008, 19:02 von jheiselI'm glad that Two Lone Swordsmen wasn't the only winner this week, as I wasn't so pleased with it. Revisiting the 2001 double-album Unwound - Leaves Turn Inside Youwas much more up my alley. I don't recall being obsessed with it when it came out, but I recall liking it. Moreover, I had no real memory of how it sounded. The how it sounds question is easily answerable: it reminded me a lot of Sonic Youth and a little bit less of Yo La Tengo. Their last.fm page links them to Polvo, Drive Like Jehu, Rodan, Hot Snakes, Shellac, Shipping News and Slint, among others, which is probably all fair enough, but the two bands I mentioned are the ones I heard. The record is great, and even the long songs (particularly "Below the Salt") are good. My only complaint: I wish I had this on a quadruple LP to hear some of the vinyl crackle.
As always, if you decide to download the record, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.
21. Sep. 2008, 13:50 von dirtyfacadethe beauty of it all... click to listen!
1. Shipping News-louven
2. Joan of Arc-perfect need and perfect completion
3. June of 44-june miller
4. Lungfish-the words
5. Rodan-before the train
6. Shellac-rambler song
7. Don Caballero-sure we had knives around
8. Drive Like Jehu-here come the rome plows
9. Polvo-tragic carpet ride
11.Hella-madonna approaches the r&b blonde wreckages
12.Slint-good morning, captain
8. Mär. 2008, 2:39 von bereteandoela gosta de indie rock/alt rock e queria minhas sugestões de novas bandas e sons. houve isso. 74'10.
01 Shellac - Be Prepared
gênero: alt/math rock
status: alive and kicking
resultados no google: 379.000
o quê?: power trio, rock cru, mudanças de andamento malucas, um pouco de noise; banda de Steve Albini, lendário produtor da SubPop, Nirvana etc.
highlights: a faixa é showcase: veloz, direta, espaçada, melodiosa, atmosférica - tudo em um. toca no Brasil esse mês!
02 June of 44 - Cardiac Atlas
gênero: alt/math rock
status: dead as a doornail
resultados no google: 45.800
o quê?: banda seminal do rock alternativo. visitou gêneros diversos mantendo canções sempre de alguma complexidade, seja em quase-punks diretos, composições longas ou baladas.
highlights: as guitarras geniais, o violino (que é rara, raramente bem colocado) e o vocal desencontrado, e sobre eles uma harmonia cativante e relax
03 Cave In - Stained Silver
20. Feb. 2008, 22:48 von tkdcoachSometime in 1977 or so before a midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show at the now-defunct Vogue Theater in St. Matthews, KY, USA, I saw my first live punk rock band, which turns out to have been locals, and Louisville's first punk group, No Fun (thanks to Tara Key (Antietam, Babylon Dance Band) for providing that info in the comments below). Time had erased that detail and I thought it might've been Babylon Dance Band or even The Endtables. So, as it turns out (also from Tara's comment), that was Tony Pinotti (later of Circle X) barking, as they say, literally, BOW WOW WOW.
At the movie with me were two friends from Fern Creek (an edge town, proud redneck bastion) where my family had moved in 1972. They were good guys but this wasn't country or even the outermost edge of glam rock that we all had enjoyed together and known well. One of my friends' brother was the lead singer of an "outlaw" country covers group, Cowboy George and The Beer-Drinking Rodeo Band. We loved Waylon and Willie, too. …
17. Feb. 2008, 3:05 von Zer0_III'm working on putting together an all female rock compilation, with the theme obviously being female fronted rock bands. It will be the first in a series that I'm working on simply titled "Digital Meltd0wn Presents:"; not very exciting, I know, but the music, liner notes, and album art will make up for it. Some of the artists/bands I am considering featuring are:
Babes in Toyland, The Runaways, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, PJ Harvey, Jack Off Jill,The Donnas, Veruca Salt, Daisy Chainsaw, Queen Adreena, Kittie, Betty X, The Avengers, HorrorPops, Lydia Lunch, Bitch Alert, Velcra, Roxy Saint, The Gits, Sahara Hotnights, Sexpod, Fluffy, The Soviettes, My Ruin, Bikini Kill, 7 Year Bitch, The Distillers, L7, The Kills, Devotchkas, Bif Naked, Rasputina, Penetration, The Slits, Pain Teens, Lunachicks, Sleater-Kinney
Now I could use your help. I know you wonderful people are aware of some hard rocking chicks that aren't on this list, so please let me know of any artists, bands, or particular songs (preferably NOT mainstream)…