13. Jul. 2009, 1:27 von suBliminalien
22. Jul. 2008, 17:59 von vanitycentralTake your top twenty artists overall, and list:
a) The first song you heard by them. (Year you first heard it next to it).
b) The song that really got you into them.
c) Your current favourite by them.
N.B. Play Counts are accurate at 19:03 GMT 22/07/2008
1. Pulp Play Count: 6,103
a) Common People 2004
b) Mis-Shapes 2006
c) O.U. (Gone, Gone) 2007
2. Morrissey Play Count: 4,195
a) Suedehead 2006
b) The Last Of The International Playboys 2006
c) Such a Little Thing Makes Such a Big Difference 2008
3. Blur Play Count: 2,162
a) Coffee & TV 1999
b) There's No Other Way 2000
c) St. Louis 2008
4. Suede Play Count: 1,457
a) The Drowners 2005
b) The Drowners 2005
c) Modern Boys 2008
5. The Smiths Play Count: 1,340
a) Hand in Glove 2004
b) The Boy With The Thorn In His Side 2004
c) Paint a Vulgar Picture 2006
6. The Clash Play Count: 865
a) Rock the Casbah 2002
b) Train in Vain 2004
c) Up in Heaven (Not Only Here) 2006
7. My Bloody Valentine Play Count: 849
12. Jan. 2008, 18:37 von green-tangerine- Are you a girl or a boy?
Cherry Blossom Girl (Air)
- Describe yourself
Soft as Snow (But Warm Inside) (My Bloody Valentine)
- How are you feeling?
Wearing the Inside Out (Pink Floyd)
- Describe your ex
I Don't Love Anyone (Belle & Sebastian)
- Describe your boyfriend
Soledad (Jorge Drexler)
- Describe your place
Brick Shithouse (Placebo)
- How do you want to be?
Lady (Regina Spektor)
- Describe your best friend
Grace Kelly (Mika)
- What's your favorite color?
Fade to Black (Metallica)
- What do you know?
Beauties Can Die (M83)
- How's the weather?
Summer in the City (Regina Spektor)
- If your life was a TVshow, how would it be called?
In the Shadow of the Valley of Death (Marilyn Manson)
- What's life to you?
My own strange path (M83)
- What's the best advice you have to give?
Don't Look Back in Anger (Oasis)
- If you could change your name, what would it be?
Miss Moneypenny (Placebo)
20. Jun. 2007, 4:09 von Inertia_90My second entry on My Bloody Valentine in a row. I'm on a roll. Anyhoo, here's a gentle 16-track intro to MBV. It includes their poppier songs but hints at the noisy avant-garde side as well. Tell me what you think.
Never Say Goodbye
This two tracks are from the sinfully underrated Ecstacy and Wine period. They're perhaps not as earth-shakingly awesome as the material that would follow but it's quite lovely all the same (not to mention, quite an improvement from their Dave Conway days. Eurrghh.)
You Made Me Realise
Cigarette in Your Bed
These three are taken from the 1988 You Made Me Realise Ep (which I discussed in detail previously). This is when the critics stood up and took notice of the brilliant things the band were up to.
Feed Me With Your Kiss
Soft as Snow (But Warm Inside)
Nothing Much to Lose
Here are our representatives from the 1988 masterwork Isn't Anything. Harsh, explosive, ethereal, dreamy, and as damn near perfect as rock music has gotten, that record was MBV's masterwork. …
17. Nov. 2006, 20:18 von adifferentcityMogwai
My Bloody Valentine
Explosions in the Sky
All The Money Or The Simple Life
this makes me sad in the most beautiful way possible
A Poor Man's Memory
i love this song. this is my tripping music. i have tripped acid at their shows and this is my favorite. it is on their CD that just came out.
Carry the Zero
Taste Of Blood
Soft as Snow (But Warm Inside)
The End Of The World
this song makes me a little misty.