3. Jan. 2011, 13:40 von Food_For_Cat
14. Mär. 2009, 17:26 von kOttbyskungBased on my top artists from the past three months.
1. How did you get into 30? (Bone Thugs-N-Harmony)
I don't actually like em too much. I just love to listen to Weed Song when smoking.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? (CunninLynguists)
Mic Like a Memory
3. What's your favorite lyric by 7? (Atmosphere)
East coast, West coast, down South, Midwest
Nowadays everybody knows how to get fresh
Somebody give me a big yes
God Bless America, but she stole the B from "Bless"
4. What is your favorite album by 9? (Gnarls Barkley)
5. How many albums do you own by number 13? (Snowgoons)
6. What is your favorite song by 28? (Muse)
7. Is there a song by 12 that makes you sad? (Cage)
No, not really.
8. What is your favorite song by 15? (MF DOOM)
Rapp Snitch Knishes
9. What is your favorite song by 5? (The Killers)
Smile Like You Mean It
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? (Modest Mouse)
27. Dez. 2008, 22:50 von MurderCapitalMy music year of 2008 and some short thoughts on the releases. Don't agree? I respect that, just don't start bitching about it, make your own list.
Fight - K5: The War Of Words Demos / Into The Pit
Two new old releases from Rob Halford's old band Fight saw the light of day this year. First a album with demos from "The War of Words" demo sessions and then a boxset containing the bands two albums, the "Mutations" EP and a DVD with live footage. The boxset is a good release (especially since the albums are out of print) but can someone tell me why the "K5: The War Of Words Demos" had to be a separate release and not be featured on the boxset? And what about the rare "Christmas Ride" single? Why isn't that one feature on there? A good boxset release, but it could have been better.
Kottonmouth Kings - The Green Album / Greatest Highs
In my opinion "The Green Album" is the best Kottonmouth Kings album in a long time, it has several good songs. …
24. Dez. 2007, 19:02 von AttackOfTheTomThe show last night was pretty insane. It was at toads place.
The Line Up for the main stage was:
Wrench In The Works
and the line up on the second stage was:
Crown of Kings
A Thousand Falling Skies
and 1 or two others
i saw a good portion of the bands. I didnt get to see hostage calm because iw as 15 minutes late to the show. I mean i wanted to see them but other than that the show kept getting better and better. My favorite performance of the whole show was Necro and Mr. Hyde. I knew just about every word and iw as int he front row and i got dap from both of them. After their performance i got to meet both of them and talk to them about a lot of stuff including: new projects (Ill Bill,Sabac..etc) what happened with Goretex and to Secret Society. It was probably the best rap show i have seen in forever.
Sorry to digress on Necro but he is one of my Hip-Hop Idols.
18. Sep. 2007, 18:13 von JizzmondIF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend your cool... and alot of the songs fit with the setting
Chamillionaire - The Morning News
Young Buck - Hold On Feat. 50 Cent
First Day At School:
System of a Down - Prison Song
Falling In Love:
Cashis - See Them Runnin
Busta Rhymes - Get Throwed (ft. UGK, Young Jeezy, Labba & Z Ro)(Remix)
Jay-Z - More Money, More Cash, More Hoes
Lloyd Banks - One Night Stand
Papoose - License To Kill (remix II) feat. Mobb Deep (produced by Green Lantern)
Gravediggaz - Diary of a madman
Modest Mouse - Sleepwalkin'
Kanye West - Get Em High (feat. Talib Kweli and Common)
25. Jun. 2007, 21:45 von JazzmanstereoI reset my stats not so long ago. Felt like a good time to do it, and I was a bit sick of artists/tracks that I'd left on repeat over night dominating my charts. Still, I should try not to reset again it is a bit manipulative.
Anyway, I wanted to clean up my iTunes library a bit, so I started by removing everything. So far I've only imported the files from my eMusic and Audio Lunchbox folders, along with some mp3 blog files, a couple of scores (including Vince DiCola's Transformers score *be still my beating heart*) and a cd I just copied (Bolt Thrower).
So most of what I've been listening to has been from my lovely legal and DRM-free mp3 collection.
The Download Festival was only a few weeks ago now. What a great weekend that was. I'll write something about it when I get a chance. Needless to say I saw plenty of great bands and had a lot of fun.
Anathema and Paradise Lost are two of the bands I'd been excited to see at Download. …
14. Aug. 2006, 0:54 von TheKnitLAKNITTING FACTORY LOS ANGELES - 8/12 CONCERT UPDATE
Thursday, August 24th
Main Room – Chinky Eyed 5th Anniversary
A-Team (Aceyalone & Abstract Rude) / 2Mex (Visionaries) / Mr Hyde (Psychological Records) / 5th Element / The Leadership Crew / Ivan Ives w/ DJ Troma
Ticket: $15 Doors: 8:00PM Show: 8:30PM
Wednesday, August 30th
A Relief International Benefit Show…
NIYAZ & SUSSAN DEHIM, FEATURING RICHARD HOROWITZ
Main Room – $30, 8PM
Vas Vocalist Azam Ali and Axiom of Choice’s multi-instrumentalist Loga Ramin Torkian have joined forces to create a globe-spanning sound that the duo calls “world music for the 21st Century.” Known collectively as Niyaz, the group’s first release is hypnotic, ecstatic and danceable, crossing both traditional and electronic music.
“Niyaz is an alluring combination of medieval Persian and Indian exoticism and beats that are state of the art. Ali’s vocals are wholly evocative of another world and another time…