18. Mai. 2008, 14:29 von yobinoyo
5. Apr. 2008, 20:53 von CovinSSo I noticed Massive Attack finally made it into my top 10. I've had Mezzanine for at least a year or two, and while I marveled at the sonic beauty of that record, I never listened to extensively. Just a song here and a song there, and that actually scored MA a decent presence on my charts. Then I got Protection and couldn't stand it , so it really turned me off to explore the band further. Oops.
However, as I've slowly weaned myself from metal, I have been able to appreciate Mezzanine a ton more. And I inevitably tried Protection again, and I seriously do not know how I missed this amazing album. I don't care much for the title track, the same way everyone loves Teardrop and I don't really like that one either. But songs like Eurochild, Karmacoma, and even Heat Miser spawned an infatuation with the band.
I have worn Black Milk out so bad. lol
I finally hunkered down and bought Blue Lines and 100th Window. Blue Lines was instantly appealing, despite it's old-school flavors that I'm not really a fan of. …
8. Feb. 2008, 23:15 von Nartireczek8/02/8
8-24 luty gwiazdy na śniegu
1. NOSOWSKA "Zielono mi" BMG 2003 [09/02/08]
2. PIERSI "Impresje nacjonalistyczne" EMI 1997 [15/02/08]
3. IRA "Venus" El Mariachi 2004 [08/02/08]
4. KASIA KOWALSKA "Gemini" Izabelin 1994 [21/02/08]
w mieście, z którego pochodzi
5. ZAKOPOWER "Na Siedem" Kayax 2007
to festiwal Żywca, a na festiwalu Heinekena w lipcu
6. COCOROSIE "Noah's Ark" Touch & Go 2005
7. MASSIVE ATTACK "Karmacoma" EMI 1995
znacznie wcześniej w krakowskim klubie Studio
8. STRACHY NA LACHY "Siedzimy tu przez nieporozumienie" SP Records 2007 [14/03/08]
9. KANYE WEST feat. DAFT PUNK "Stronger" GOOD Music 2007 [1974/GUY-MANUEL DE HOMEM CHRISTO/urodziny]
10. R.E.M. "I'll Take The Rain" Warner 2001 [1981/Bombay Studios Smyrna w Georgia/pierwsza sesja nagraniowa]
6. Feb. 2008, 10:16 von firlephanzTop Artists.
01 Jeff Buckley
03 Apoptygma Berzerk
06 Massive Attack
07 Kate Bush
09 Tori Amos
01 Evanescence – Fallen
02 Covenant – Northern Light
03 Marillion – Misplaced Childhood
04 Jeff Buckley – Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk (disc 1)
05 Herbert Grönemeyer – Luxus
06 Zeraphine – Traumaworld
07 Kikai – Buruu
08 La Rue Kétanou – En Attendant Les Caravanes...
09 Yann Tiersen – Le phare
10 Tangerine Dream – Underwater Sunlight
01 Covenant – Scared (full track)
02 Covenant – Bullet (full track)
03 Covenant – Rising Sun (full track)
04 Covenant – Monochrome (full track)
05 Covenant – Winter Comes (full track)
06 Covenant – Atlas (full track)
07 Covenant – Call the Ships to Port (full track)
08 Massive Attack – Protection
09 Massive Attack – Karmacoma (full track)
9. Dez. 2007, 15:19 von pantherpantsOK, spagyricus, you've thrown down the gauntlet ....
1. How does the world see me?
She Is - Tim Buckley
(this makes me out to be a beacon of camp profundity - it lies ... well, about the camp bit at least)
2. Will I have a happy life?
Just Like This Train - Joni Mitchell
(is it coming towards me? am I tied to the rails? am I on it? maybe I've missed it?)
3. What do my friends really think of me?
Waking the Witch - Kate Bush
(i'm not that short-tempered, am I?)
4. Do people secretly lust after me?
The Good Life - Julie London
(am I Penelope Keith? Richard Briers? Paul Eddington? Felicity Kendal? choose your fantasy)
5. How can I make myself happy?
Karmacoma - Massive Attack
(so I was right all along - drugs IS the answer)
6. What should I do with my life?
Girlfriend in a Coma - The Smiths
(firstly he's a boyfriend, and much as he might piss me off at times, this does seem too harsh even for me)
7. Will I ever have children?
Squeeze Bees - Ivor Cutler
5. Aug. 2007, 0:23 von nat_gunjiJaded
In This Twilight
This Is Love
Make It Wit Chu
Easy to Remember
Dub Experience II
how ‘bout it baby
1. Mär. 2007, 1:29 von Otacons_NachosI'll just say this right here and now. It's very hard to pick just 10 songs from one of my favorite Bands ever.
10. What Your Soul Sings - One of the more relaxing and chilling songs by Massive Attack. Definitely something to hear in the morning.
9. Spying Glass - Absolutely one of the best songs off Protection. It has a nice electronic/reggae sound going for it.
8. Five Man Army - One of the best hip-hop songs ever. Nice Lyrics as well.
7. Group Four - It's one of the more dark and chilling songs, and some of the amazing vocals by Elizabeth Fraser in Mezzanine.
6. Karmacoma - The beat is what keeps me from always hearing this song over and over. Jamaica' Aroma...
5. False Flags - One of their latest and greatest. Amazing Outro and good use of sampling. The Video is beautiful as well.
4. Be Thankful for What You Got - One of the greatest covers ever. They successfully covered a song and still made it fresh and new.
27. Okt. 2006, 8:44 von mmmazzoni(random selection of words and thoughts I love to listen to on mp3)
When personality is scar tissue
It travels south with disuse
I'm subtle like a lion's cage
Such a cautious display
Remember take hold of your time here
Give some meanings to the means
To your end
Not even Jail.
from Not Even Jail
I have heard the big music and I'll never be the same
Something so pure has called my name
from The Big Music
Petite sœur de mes nuits
ça m'a manqué tout ça
quand tu sauvais la face
à bien d'autre que moi
sache que je n'oublie rien mais qu'on efface
A ton étoile
from A ton étoile
Juste le temps de battre les cils,
Un souffle, un éclat bleu,
Un instant, qui dit mieux
L'équilibre est fragile.
J'ai tout vu
Je n'ai rien retenu
from Septembre, en attendant
Avrei voluto scriverti di me per arrivare dritto a te
con trilli di parole smascherate e impavide.
Avrei voluto scrivere a te per riportarti qui da me
e lusingarti e farti gala con occhiate trepide...