5. Jul. 2013, 23:03 von felipeassmarOpa
22. Mär. 2013, 20:05 von corwoodhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHhCDYZU660
Found footage. Road trips of the past. From the mountains to the sea and back again. We are happy show you the 25 minute short film for Window Magic’s “Hollis”. Dedicated to Mark Hollis and Benoît Pioulard. This piece was made from found footage shot by unknown individuals in the 60’s. “Hollis” is taken from the album Reversal, soon to be released on used cassettes!
3. Sep. 2012, 16:37 von Blathrosen__________________________________________________________________
Beyond words ♡
Library Tapes - Alone in the Bright Lights of a Shattered Life
1. Broken Piano Pt. 2
2. ...In A Safe Place...Somewhere Near Your Heart...
3. The Leaves Have Left Us
4. Cold Leaves For The Violent Ground
5. The Scratches On The Window In The Doors Of Each Cell
6. Broken Piano Pt. 1
7. Alone In The Bright Light Of A Shattered Life
Asonat - Love in Times of Repetition
1. On the Other Side
4. Where The Heart Lives
5. Love In Times Of Repetition
2. Feb. 2012, 0:34 von SylvieblissPlease register your interest for this amazing document about Talk Talk with Mark's blessings! There'll be also a tribute cd.
About the book:
Spirit of Talk Talk is a richly illustrated, beautifully designed book celebrating the music and art of the legendary Talk Talk.
The Spirit of Talk Talk CD coverCelebrated illustrator, and Talk Talk cover artist, James Marsh has remastered and chronicled all of the iconic artwork that he produced for the band throughout their 10 year reign in the 80’s. The book will feature James’ original cover concept sketches, hand written lyrics from Mark Hollis, as well as various ephemera, posters, and related items of interest to fans. There will also be lovely unseen photos of the band from 3 sessions with photographer Richard Haughton.
Renowned rock music writer and enormous Talk Talk fan Chris Roberts is writing the main essay and there are also 80 written contributions from bands, label owners, DJs and creatives…
14. Nov. 2011, 19:14 von rattlebag***Stop Press*** The winner is Ryan Adams– Heartbreaker
Voting is now open for the December LP group listening session on Twitter. This month's theme is " Solo Projects From Band Members."
This will involve anyone who fancies it listening to the same album on Twitter at the same time and having a bit of a natter.
Send five votes to @Lpgrp from the list before Midnight on Sunday 20th November 2011. The number only will do. You are unable to vote for an album you nominated.
Please send a Direct Message or a Mention.
Please send all of your comments to @LPGrp. This will hopefully clear the clutter from your timelines for your followers.
To follow the session search @LPGrp
Everyone is welcome!
The winner will be announced on Monday 21st November 2011
The session will take place at 9pm on Sunday 4th December
As there was a draw last month we are having a bonus session on Sunday 20th November. The album is Various Artists– [album artist=Various Artists]Lost in Translation
22. Apr. 2011, 10:49 von perryagainHey there! I'll be presenting Border Crossings on Sunday night playing Nick Tsiavos; Ensemble Rukovet; Schola Saint Gregoire; Shirai Ensemble; Lisa Gerrard; Frank London; Mark Hollis; Stellamara; Nour Ensemble; A Filetta; Mahsa & Marjan Vahdat; David Hykes & The Harmonic Choir ......I hope you can join me.
Border Crossings @ PBSFM
...and here's a link to the audio archive - http://www.pbsfm.org.au/node/7313
19. Dez. 2010, 10:51 von Osh_Kosh
14. Dez. 2010, 19:29 von jetjag
6. Dez. 2010, 13:47 von thomas10http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TmbKXnInuuQ/SttY4iOa0tI/AAAAAAAACgM/aeBWYUk4Ilk/s400/remain.jpg
1 Talking Heads - Remain in Light
The musical transition that seemed to have just begun with Fear of Music came to fruition on Talking Heads' fourth album, Remain in Light. "I Zimbra" and "Life During Wartime" from the earlier album served as the blueprints for a disc on which the group explored African polyrhythms on a series of driving groove tracks, over which David Byrne chanted and sang his typically disconnected lyrics. Remain in Light had more words than any previous Heads record, but they counted for less than ever in the sweep of the music. The album's contrasts is noteworthy: the uptempo opening of "Born Under Punches" and the decidedly dark closing of "The Overload"; the poppy "Born Under Punches" and the cerebral "Seen and Not Seen"; the frantic pace of "The Great Curve" and the narcotic styling of "Listening Wind". …
27. Jul. 2010, 23:46 von jetjag