13. Okt. 2011, 12:08 von SnaderCIk zal beginnen met een inleiding in het hele TOO MUCH-gebeuren. Het moge duidelijk zijn dat de jaren tachtig ondermeer bekend staat om zijn briljante tv-series zoals Transformers, A-team en Knightrider. Zo had ook Karateheld en Texas Ranger Chuck Norris zijn eigen tekenfilmserie, Karate Kommando's. (Ik vraag me af of een eventuele fanclub de Karate Kommando Klub had geheten.) Enfin, tijdens zijn spannende tekenfilmavonturen werd Chuck ondermeer bijgestaan door een aziatisch jongetje met de naam Too Much. Als die naam al niet belachelijk genoeg was, had het jongetje ook nog Tourette, wat zich manifesteerde in het om de haverklap roepen van "TOO MUCH!". (Voor een demonstratie klik hier @ 00:36.) Daarnaast bleek deze vorm van Tourette ook nog eens besmettelijk. Nu telkens als ik een engelstalig tv-programma kijk en ik hoor "too much", wordt ik afgeleid en in het ergste geval moet ik het ook nog eens herhalen. Ondertussen heeft het zich ook verspreid naar teksten en ja, naar muziek. …
3. Aug. 2009, 1:12 von idiot_eque1. Radiohead
First song heard; Idioteque
Song that made me love them; Lucky
Current Favourite; My Iron Lung
2. Biffy Clyro
First song heard; My Recovery Injection
Song that made me love them; Glitter and Trauma
Current Favourite; Saturday Superhouse
3. Green Day
First song heard; Minority
Song that made me love them; Basket Case
Current Favourite; Jesus of Suburbia
4. Frank Turner
First song heard; Heartless Bastard Motherfucker
Song that made me love them; Vital Signs
Current Favourite; If Ever I Stray
First song heard; Time Is Running Out
Song that made me love them; Butterflies and Hurricanes
Current Favourite; Resistance
First song heard; Franco Un-American
Song that made me love them; Murder the Government
Current Favourite; You're Wrong
7. The Beatles
First song heard; Yellow Submarine
Song that made me love them; All You Need Is Love
Current Favourite; Octopus's Garden
5. Apr. 2009, 21:10 von clairelaptop
27. Feb. 2009, 15:00 von kittenaddict29fave song words ever!
help me i broke apart my insides,help me i've got no soul to sell
help me the only thing that works for me,help me get away from myself
the me that you know doesn't come around much
that part of me isn't here anymore
You Stole the Sun from My Heart
i have - i've got to stop smiling
it gives the wrong impression
i love you all the same
My Little Empire
all of my sins are attempts to fill the voids
all of my voids they are filled with sin
this discipline's so rare so please applaud
i am purity,they call me perverted
for sale?dumb cunt's same dumb questions
you should have seen the curse that flew right by you[/]
i'm falling apart,i'm not savouring life
30. Jan. 2008, 16:02 von amodelofcontrolA little bit of a change this week, with a slightly more abstract theme. It was probably the hardest list I have compiled yet, too: and other interpretations on the theme are welcome.
So what is the theme? Hate. Hate comes in many different forms, and surprisingly it was a little harder than I was expecting to find ten songs about hatred...
Where to start? Well, let's start with something obvious.
In fact, something blindingly obvious. The Haunted's finest hour - well, two minutes and fifty-nine seconds - of chugging riffs and sheer hate and fury. Not a lot else to add to this, really - it does exactly what it says on the tin.
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Not much less obvious is the opening track to Marilyn Manson's finest album, a searing attack of savage guitars and what amounts to something of a cod-manifesto. Whatever he is on about, anyway, it's great fun, and is perhaps not as serious as it sounds.
10. Jan. 2008, 13:34 von gisbourneTake your 10 overall top artists on Last.fm:
1. Queens of the Stone Age
2. Manic Street Preachers
4. Rufus Wainwright
7. ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
and answer the questions according to the numbers:
What was the first song you ever heard by #6?:
What is your favorite album of #2?:
The Holy Bible
What is your favorite lyric that #5 has sung?:
She feels that my sentimental side should be held with kids gloves
But she doesn't know that I left my urge in the icebox
She swears I'm just prey for the female
Well then hook me up and throw me baby cakes cause I like to get hooked
(from Leif Erikson)
How many times have you seen #4 live?:
What is your favorite song by #7?:
Ounce of Prevention
What is a good memory you have involving the music of #10?:
Every time the overdriven riff of New Born kicks in
Is there a song of #3 that makes you sad?:
23. Jul. 2006, 15:34 von villette72This is not the usual lyrics game. I don't use the first lines of the lyrics. These are the spoken parts of the songs. No matter in which part of the song these words appear (beginning, middle, ending) and who says them. Hope that I wrote them right.
1) You can buy her, you can buy her.
This one's here, this one's here.
This one's here and this one's here.
Everything's for sale. Yes <3
2) Girls can wear jeans
And cut their hair short
Wear shirts and boots
'Cause it's OK to be a boy... What It Feels Like for a Girl
3) So, it's all very obtuse
because it's all like, like, I don't know
so, like, I started thinking
that everything I operate on...
4) Now let the freedom train come zooming down the track. Gleaming in the sunlight for the white and black...
5) Just what is it that you want to do?
We wanna be free
We wanna be free to do what we wanna do... Loaded
6) I eat too much to die and not enough to stay alive. I'm sitting in the middle waiting. 4st 7lb
7. Jul. 2006, 16:39 von beaubier
25. Jun. 2006, 18:33 von beautyfadesxThis is the movie soundtrack to your life.
So here's how it works:
Open your choice of music player [iTunes, Limewire, Kazaa, Pandora, etc.] and put it on SHUFFLE.
Press play. For every question type the song that's on. And when you go to a new question press the next button. No cheating.
01. Opening credit: Those Days
"Used to swear there's nothing better than having me for the night . . ."
"You don't have my life, but I have his."
Actually, this is a perfect opener. The bitter bitch is moving on, or something to that effect.
02. Waking up: 4st 7lb
"Days since I last pissed . . ."
"I choose, my choice, I starve to frenzy."
Yeah, this is good too. :rollseyes: I suppose that this implies I wake up, look in the mirror, and think "HEY! I'm not anorexic enough!"
03. Average day: My Heart, Your Hands
"Here’s a letter I'm writing to you . . ."
"Close your eyes and think of me."
24. Jun. 2006, 12:07 von Whillow10 Belle and Sebastian
First song heard: Step Into My Office, Baby
Fell in love with: Funny Little Frog
Currently loving: White Collar Boy
Last played: If You're Feeling Sinister
Most played: Another Sunny Day
All-time fave: Another Sunny Day
9 We Are Scientists
First song heard: Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt
Fell in love with: Textbook
Currently loving: White Collar Boy
Last played: What's The Word
Most played: The Great Escape
All-time fave: Lousy Reputation
First song heard: Slow Hands
Fell in love with: Evil
Currently loving: NYC
Last played: Untitled
Most played: Roland
All-time fave: Roland
First song heard: Nancy Boy
Fell in love with: Pure Morning
Currently loving: Infa Red
Last played: Every You, Every Me
Most played: Special K
All-time fave: [track artist=]Special K[/track]
First song heard: Let's Stop Hanging Out
Fell in love with: Freddy Kreuger
Currently loving: Best Enemies
Last played: Return of the Jedi