29. Apr. 2015, 12:05 von anthonycarew
29. Dez. 2009, 22:05 von anjaaaaahRemember when I asked you all for ideas and stuff? Yeah, that worked out just splendid.
I listened to nearly 200 albums over the course of 2009 and tried really hard, but could not make a top 10. Top 20...huge fail. Top 30...nope.
So here is my top 20 of 2009 - and if you want to see their album covers AND the other 40 albums I just HAD to mention - go here!
Comments are always welcome. Bashing me for my musical preferences is not.
Only Amy is allowed to kick me, because I'm expecting it ;)
My top 20 from 1 -20 :
1. Storybox - You can be Replaced
The 2009 effort of Dutch band Storybox is by far my favourite of the year. Just like with their 2006 debut 'A fool's attempt', I can find no fault on it. As far as albums go, this is what perfection sounds like :)
Yay for Helge and the guys!
My favourite tracks are 'The Andersons' and 'Happy man'.
2. El Pino and the Volunteers - The Long -Lost art of becoming Invisible
12. Dez. 2007, 4:11 von trenchcoat401. How did you get into #31?
I first heard My Morning Jacket at Bonnaroo in '06. It was the most mindblowing set I've ever witnessed, and crazy happenings during the show led me to the record store to pick up Z.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by #22?
The first Luce song was probably "Good Day," I think. I downloaded it from a blog I really trust.
3. What's your favorite lyric by #29?
4. What is your favorite album by #49?
I think I like Funeral better than Neon Bible.
5. How many albums by #13 do you own?
I have all 3 Third Eye Blind records.
6. What is your favorite song by #50?
I only have the 7 song Killola ep, so not much to choose from. Of those, probably Get Around?
7. Is there a song by #4 that makes you sad?
About half of Radiohead's songs make me sad. The worst is probably Street Spirit.
8. What is your favorite song by #15?
My favorite Zep song... yikes. I'll be honest, I love Immigrant Song. And Custard Pie, ha.
9. What is your favorite song by #5?
29. Nov. 2007, 4:16 von coolkdog911Put your music player on shuffle
Post the first 40 songs that come up. You can repeat artists if you want. If you have any repeat tracks, skip to the next track.
1. "Dying in Your Arms"- Trivium
2. "Afterword"- TobyMac
3. "My Sanity on the Funeral Pyre"- Atreyu
4. "Angel to You(Devil to Me)"- The Click Five
5. "One Wild Night"- Bon Jovi
6. "The Requiem for Broken Hearts"- It Dies Today
7. "At Least I Know I'm a Sinner"- Atreyu
8. "Appreciation and the Bomb"- The Spill Canvas
9. "Candy"- Slick Shoes
10. "Hole in my Hand"- Day of Fire
11. "The Unknown Soldier"- The Doors
12. "Hand of Blood"- Bullet for My Valentine
13. "Back in the Day"- KJ-52
14. "Israel Hands"- Sullivan
15. "Amazing, Because it is"- The Almost
16. "Dark & Grey"- Kid Rock
17. "O'Child"- Nevertheless
3. Aug. 2007, 9:31 von trenchcoat40What else is there to do at 4am at work, really?
1. How did you get into 29? (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
"Phenomena" was playing during one of the L Word promos and I knew I HAD to hear that song and that band.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? (Katharine McPhee)
I guess it was.... God Bless the Child? I think that was her audition song. Why do I remember that.
3. What's your favorite lyric by 33? (??)
I don't have a 33, HA
4. What is your favorite album by 49? (Wolfmother)
I guess that would have to be the self titled.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? (Led Zeppelin)
3 full albums and pieces of a few others.
6. What is your favorite song by 50? (Midlake)
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? (Alice in Chains)
Their entire catalogue is depressing, haha. But "Nutshell" comes to mind. Or "Rotten Apple."
8. What is your favorite song by 15? (Fiona Apple)
30. Mai. 2007, 8:26 von trenchcoat40A week of overnights shifts and no coworkers, somewhere around 7 hours a night x 5 nights = 35 hours of ipod time. Let's see what each evening shall bring.
1. The Sunlandic Twins- I actually had the desire to hear The Past Is A Grotesque Animal, yet I somehow ended up here. This band makes me feel like I'm contstantly high. There is so much going on all the time, it's easy to get overwhelmed, but I really dig them. It took me a while to get past the crazy pop exterior of so many of their songs, but once I did I really began to appreciate Kevin Barnes. The man knows his shit.
2. Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots- I'm seeing them in 2 weeks at Bonnaroo and though I love them to death haven't listened to them much at ALL recently. In The Morning Of Magicians-->Do You Realize?? is so solid.
3. Live at Sin-é (disc 1)- Today (well, it's 3am now, so yesterday) marked the 10th anniversary of Jeff's death, so I've been listening to a lot of his music today. …
6. Mai. 2007, 6:20 von trenchcoat40Name your top ten artists on Last.fm:
1. Carrie Underwood
3. Spill Canvas
4. Jeff Buckley
8. Third Eye Blind
9. Cat Power
10. Led Zeppelin
How many times have you listened to number one?
801, but 795 of them came when I accidently kept the cd on repeat for like 4 nights straight.
Is this your favourite band?
No. If I have to be completely honest with myself, that would probably be Hanson. If not, Sleater-Kinney.
What got you into number one?
American Idol. That shit gets into my veins.
Why the hell have you listened to that so much?
Like I said, I'm a douche and had the cd on repeat for like 4 of 5 nights straight. It's weird that she's number one. If not for that one crazy week, she'd probably not be in my top 50.
Favourite songs of number one:
Fuck, I don't know. "Starts With Goodbye"? MAYBE?
Something you think you’d thoroughly enjoy doing with the band artist?
10. Apr. 2007, 20:54 von StudogvetmedOn a day where I was listening to Lit, Luce, Los Lonely Boys, and some scattered Five Star Rated songs in my iTunes library, I was browsing Last.fm and went to Check out EVE 6's artist page which I hadn't done in a while. Turns out The Sugi Tap, a new group with two of the members of EVE 6 have release an E.P. of their demos, so I snagged them off their myspace page and began listening.
With that my 35,500th song on Last.fm was Pick Up The Pieces.
I liked what I heard in the E.P. I will look forward to more from them.
So back to finishing off the Luce albums I was listening too and then on to some Marc Cohn.... But what do I slip into my queue for after that? Probably time to Queue up some high rated EVE 6 for old times sake...
22. Aug. 2006, 20:58 von StudogvetmedMy 25000th song: Good Day.
I love this song. It's so great. I have to give special props to ABjones for the recommendation and many others.
Not really much to say about 25000. It's taken me just over ten days to add 500 tracks from my 24500th track.
Better things to count down right now include waiting for the release of Barenaked Ladies: Barenaked Ladies are Me and John Mayer: Continuum, both schedule to be released on September 12th!
If you like these two artist's, you may surely like the sound of Luce too.
21. Jul. 2006, 0:51 von GVH27Well, for about 3 years now I've been making a sort of musical diary which includes 12 tracks every month. Some songs are old, and some are new and the genres varie. Either way, they're all tracks worth a listen.
You can try searching for any of them on this site:
I'll post June 2006 and July 2006 as I don't see much point in going any further back.
Track - Artist (album)
1.We Should Never Have Children - The Absentee (Schmotime )
2.Helicopter - The Feeling(welve Stops And Home)
3.Volcano -Damien Rice (O)
4.Ooh La - The Kooks (Inside In/Inside Out)
5.Sing It Out -Hope of the States (Left )
6.Liar - Built to Spill (You In Reverse)
7.Naive - The Kooks (Inside In/Inside Out)
8.Back To The Sea - The Futureheads (News And Tributes)
9.The Black Amnesias - Hope of the States(The Lost Riots)
10.Skip To The End - The Futureheads (News And Tributes)
11.Roscoe - Midlake (The Trials Of Van Occupanther)
12.Signals And Plays - The Twin Atlas(Sun Township)