23. Nov. 2011, 4:36 von FadingMind
21. Mär. 2011, 23:26 von darren86
18. Dez. 2010, 11:37 von thomas10http://heartofglass.altervista.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/The-Velvet-Underground-Nico-The-Velvet-Underground.jpg
1 The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
One would be hard pressed to name a rock album whose influence has been as broad and pervasive as The Velvet Underground and Nico. While it reportedly took over a decade for the album's sales to crack six figures, glam, punk, new wave, goth, noise, and nearly every other left-of-center rock movement owes an audible debt to this set. While The Velvet Underground had as distinctive a sound as any band, what's most surprising about this album is its diversity. Here, the Velvets dipped their toes into dreamy pop ("Sunday Morning"), tough garage rock ("Waiting For The Man"), stripped-down R&B ("There She Goes Again"), and understated love songs ("I'll Be Your Mirror") when they weren't busy creating sounds without pop precedent. …
15. Jan. 2009, 4:55 von guitar4799
24. Jun. 2008, 4:14 von Khaaan1. How did you get into 29?
Wu-Tang Clan: I knew Method Man was a badass so Wu-Tang was badass by association
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
CSS/Cansei de Ser Sexy: Alala; I heard it on a The Hood Internet mashup
3. How many albums by 13 do you own?
Bright Eyes: 16?
4. What is your favorite song by 15?
Rage Against the Machine: Probably Roll Right or Down Rodeo
5. What is your favorite song by 5?
Rilo Kiley: Oh wow this one is hard. Hella tracks off of The Execution of All Things, especially The Good That Won't Come Out, A Better Son-Daughter, With Arms Outstretched, Spectacular Views, and the whole And That's How I Choose to Remember It thing.
6. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy?
No Doubt: Not really..
7. What is your favorite song by 10?
Led Zeppelin: The Lemon Song
8. What is a good memory you have involving 30?
Atmosphere: err.. the first time I listened to Sound Is Vibration? haha
20. Jun. 2008, 5:05 von echa83A good title complements a song, they said, but what about a song with food or drink in its title? Have you ever noticed that a song that’s humming in your ears at the moment mentions a food or drink in the title? How many are there, you ask? Apparently, there are a lot of them. So, what's with all these food and drink related songs? What are the stories behind these titles? What does the title mean? Does the title relate to the lyrics? What makes an artist came up with a thought "Uh, Quiche Lorraine sounds cool, why not create a song about it?" (little did I know, it’s actually a song about a pooch and has nothing to do with a certain classic French egg dish), or even with the craziest title you wouldn’t ever think of before, like this one, “The Half-Eaten Sausage Would Like to See You in His Office”? Who would ever think a song with such title really exists? Well, these might be some questions that cross our minds when we find one. …
7. Jun. 2008, 9:24 von L-ZepLed Zeppelin II
The second album from Led Zeppelin.
My personal rating: 09/10
My "general" rating: 09/10
- Songs: 09/10
- Lyrics: 09/10
- Cover: 08/10
LZ-ranking: # 5/9
Best track: Whole Lotta Love
Worst track: Living Loving Maid
Longest track: The Lemon Song
Shortest track: Living Loving Maid
Best guitar: Heartbreaker
Best bass: The Lemon Song
Best drums: Moby Dick
Best vocals: Thank You
Whole Lotta Love
What Is and What Should Never Be
The Lemon Song
Living Loving Maid
Bring It on Home
20. Dez. 2007, 3:37 von SenorAndersonBest use of five/four time:
Dave Brubeck - Take Five
Best sample in a song:
Beck - Hotwax
Best song about handjobs:
Led Zeppelin - The Lemon Song
Best song about being an over emotional bastard:
Weezer - Undone (The Sweater Song)
Best depiction of a post apocalyptic world:
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - Wooden Ships
Best Bible reference:
Cake - Sheep Go To Heaven
Best song about a night light:
They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse in Your Soul
Best song censored due to 9/11:
The Strokes - New York City Cops
Best song about heroin addiction:
Nirvana - Pennyroyal Tea
Most explicit song about sex that isn't The Lemon Song:
Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
17. Nov. 2007, 22:24 von Zeppledelinhttp://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7140/015howlinwolffj0.jpg
Howlin' Wolf – The Howlin' Wolf Anthology
“Yes, you call me the rocker. I can really rock you all night long.”
“I’ve often thought that in the way the Stones tried to be the sons of Chuck Berry, we tried to be the sons of Howlin’ Wolf,” Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page once said in an interview. It’s not hard to see where Mr. Page and his gang has their inspiration from; Led Zeppelin covered The Wolf’s Killing Floor in concerts all through 1968 and 1969, and the song also served as a basis for The Lemon Song. They also used Howlin’ Wolf’s stuff to make How Many More Times. Both of these tunes are among my favourite Zep-songs, so I guess it’s no surprise that The Wolf might just be my favourite bluesman of all time.
Born Chester Arthur Burnett, he adopted the name Howlin’ Wolf from his father’s stories that the wolves would get him if he didn’t behave, but also because of his massive size and his extraordinary voice, indeed best described as raspy howling. …
17. Aug. 2007, 6:57 von HopkaneBrixName your top 10 most played bands on Last.fm:
1. The Beatles
2. Led Zeppelin
3. The Who
4. The Mars Volta
7. The Smashing Pumpkins
9. The Doors
10. Grateful Dead
Now answer the questions according to the numbers:
What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
It was Sunshine of Your Love. I just loved the riff and the psychadelic tone the whole song had.
What is your favourite album of 2?
Led Zeppelin II. Houses of the Holy is pretty close though. I think every song on Led Zeppelin II is amazing. It also contains 3 of my all time favorite Zep. songs.
What is your favourite lyric that 5 has sung?
Throughout the night
when there's no direct light
and a thin veil of clouds
keeps the stars out of sight
I can smell the colors
outside on my lawn
the moist green organic
that my feet tread upon
How many times have you seen 4 live?
What is your favourite song by 7?
What is a good memory you have considering the music of 10?