6. Mai. 2011, 8:50 von Mark_H
29. Apr. 2011, 13:53 von Mark_H
1. Apr. 2011, 9:51 von NightBeast666
26. Jul. 2010, 18:47 von MEMgrizzlies71. Dream Theater
They will probably be my favorite band forever, but that instrumental section in The Ministry Of Lost Souls is completely unnecessary...
I'm surprisingly finding it hard to say something bad about them lol. I guess Hayley could be a bit better live
3. All That Remains
Overcome really sucks for the most part. It has it's few moments (Chiron, Forever In Your Hands), but other than that it's just a really boring album. I really hope their new one sounds more like The Fall of Ideals, but I doubt it will :(
4. Between the Buried and Me
Another really good band. I'm not really a huge fan of some of their earlier stuff though (with the exception of Mordecai of course :D)
At first listen they sound just like any other mainstream rock band, but they're actually pretty different once you give the whole album a shot. I guess the only bad thing I can say about them is that the new album STILL ISN'T OUT YET :'(
6. Protest the Hero
18. Mai. 2010, 18:11 von adg211288Haken – Aquarius
Aquarius is the debut album from UK progressive metal/progressive rock band Haken, following a 2008 demo from which no songs appear on this album. It is a concept album, but not one which must always be taken as a single listen, each of the seven songs may be listened individually and still be masterful.
Musically Haken drift between being rooted in progressive rock and metal, and are unafraid to shift in other influences whenever they feel like it. I’ve found sections of Aquarius that come across as jazzy, symphonic, funky and there’s some real classic rock type moments. Of course, being progressive music the songs of Aquarius are typically long, with times ranging from 6:42 to 16:56, so it’s not an album to take on lightly, it still requires a dedicated listener, but may appeal to people who like this sort of music but generally steer clear of concept albums.
12. Mai. 2010, 22:19 von Anthony3Just because a band is on this list doesn't necessarily mean I am a fan, I get stuck seeing a lot of bands I don't like on tours with bands I like.
Abigail Williams (4 times)
Aborted (2 times)
Adema (3 times)
The Acacia Strain
After Forever (3 times)
Agalloch (9 times)
The Agony Scene
Alcest (6 times)
Alestorm (2 times)
Alien Ant Farm (2 times)
All Out War (3 times)
All That Remains (5 times)
Amen (6 times)
American Head Charge (2 times)
American Nightmare (2 times)
Amorphis (6 times)
Amon Amarth (5 times)
Anathema (15 times)
Angel Corpse (2 times)
ANGST (2 times)
Anneke van Giersbergen (2 times)
Anthrax (4 times)
The Apex Theory (3 times)
Apocalyptica (2 times)
Arch Enemy (9 times)
armour for sleep
22. Apr. 2010, 0:44 von Aero3kCom grande atraso, aqui estou com a postagem dos melhores álbuns que ouvi em 2009.
Musicalmente falando, 2009 foi um ótimo ano para mim, já que ouvi muita interessante e diferente daquilo que eu estava acostumado. Diante desse esforço em ouvir coisas diferentes, confesso ter ouvido muita coisa ruim, porém valeu a pena, pois em contrapartida conheci ótimas bandas.
After considerable delay, here I am with the posting of the best albums I listened to in 2009.
Musically speaking, 2009 was a great year for me, because I listened to a lot of interesting and different music from what I was used to. Given this effort to hear different things, I confess to have listened a lot of bad stuff, but it was worth it because in return I met great bands.
Dessa vez, não darei pareceres grandes sobre os álbuns do meu Top 10 devido a escassez de tempo.
This time, I am not going to comment about the Top 10 albums due to lack of time.
Segue abaixo a lista dos álbuns que escutei em 2010, e em seguida o Top 10 de 2009.
17. Mär. 2010, 11:29 von Valepale
13. Mär. 2010, 17:28 von MelodeathAddictFirst, make a list of your top-20 artists overall. Then, for each of these artists, add the 8 most similar artists to your list. Delete any duplicates, count up the number of entries on your list and this will give you some idea of how eclectic your listening habits are. A score of 9 represents an extremely unvaried musical taste while a 160 represents an extremely varied one.
Liquid Tension Experiment
Pain of Salvation
Them Crooked Vultures
Queens of the Stone Age
5. Feb. 2010, 17:21 von Neotrix7First, make a list of your top-20 artists overall. Then, for each of these artists, add the 8 most similar artists to your list. Delete any duplicates, count up the number of entries on your list and this will give you some idea of how eclectic your listening habits are. A score of 9 represents an extremely unvaried musical taste while a 160 represents an extremely varied one.
Rhapsody of Fire
2. Pain of Salvation
My Dying Bride
Trail of Tears