4. Jun. 2010, 11:16 von ehk2
8. Mai. 2008, 14:31 von jcshepardSloth is a wonderful word, conjuring images of lazy summer afternoons down by the river, or long winter nights by the fire with a cold beer and a pretty señorita. While maybe not technically Onomatopoeia, it does sound so close to what it is, and has for so long, that Spanish explorers named a critter after it.
Good old Wikipedia relates that this one of the Seven Deadly Sins—Acedia—originally focused on melancholy: apathy, depression, and joylessness. This gets a bit more complicated, but I see the reasoning. Think John 3:16. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son. We’re too damn full of ourselves to get off our fat lazy butt and use the gifts God gave us?
I Think I'll Just Sit Here and Drink.
An attempt to trace the history of the drinking song in popular folklore is way beyond my ambition. …
11. Apr. 2007, 7:00 von mschoch
3. Okt. 2005, 4:28 von giveuptheghostMy grandma died Friday morning unexpectedly. I loved her very much… :'(
I was asked to compile the funeral playlist, so here it is for your morbid enjoyment. Be nice.
Of course, it’s personalized to my grandma and family, and all but one track (guess which?) was picked by family members other than me (my mom’s a big bluegrass fan), but I’m really happy with this order, so here goes:
01. One Particular Harbour
02. Rocky Mountain High
03. Carry Me Across the Mountain
04. Wind Beneath My Wings
05. Bridge over Troubled Water
06. Calling My Children Home
07. I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow
08. Lord, Don't Forsake Me
09. Angel Band
10. My Immortal
11. To Where You Are
12. Here With Me
13. You Raise Me Up
14. Amazing Grace
15. Largo From New World Symphony
16. Farther Along
17. House of Gold
18. You Plant Your Fields
19. Shower the People
20. Dreaming (Lucid mix) (edit)
Many thanks to all my friends who have been there for me through this and other recent shit. …