26. Jun. 2011, 21:05 von OneRepublic93
29. Jul. 2009, 15:46 von thereisonlyme1. How did you get into 31? Paolo Nutini
I honestly forgot! Pretty sure that it wasn't because of the single New Shoes. Whatever made me get my hands on the album These Streets, I fell in love with the hidden track, i.e. Last Request (Acoustic).
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? Air Traffic
I'm guessing it's Charlotte just because it's the first track of Fractured Life.
3. What's your favourite lyric by 29? Elliott Smith
Assuming Half Right ("'Cause when I talk to you on the phone, well, it's just like being alone") doesn't count, "Bottle up and explode."
4. What is your favourite album by 49? The Ting Tings
Do they even have anything other than We Started Nothing? On a related note, I'm ashamed that I listened to them that many times over the last year. Great DJ and That's Not My Name are too catchy.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? Amy Macdonald
Just one, This Is the Life. Again, don't think she's got anything else.
6. What is your favourite song by 50? Ray LaMontagne
21. Feb. 2009, 2:14 von Stopperator
9. Nov. 2008, 10:07 von osiris451. How did you get into 29?
Foo Fighters - Heard the song All My Life on the radio, and bought the cd. the rest was fate.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
Bright Eyes - Probably Lua, maybe Bowl of Oranges.
3. How many albums by 13 do you own?
Arctic Monkeys - Three or four, if you count EPs, only 2 full length since that's all they've released.
4. What is your favorite song by 15?
Coldplay - Has to be Green Eyes, or Warning Sign. Rush of blood to the head is an amazing album all the way through.
5. What is your favorite song by 5?
Spoon - Oh god, i don't know. Toss up between Utilitarian, The Way We Get By, Two Sides Of Monsieur Valentine, Don't You Evah, I Turn My Camera On, Take a Walk, and about a hundred others. they're amazing.
6. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy?
Pink Floyd - Oh there isn't one that doesn't. I love them. I'd have to say at the top Wish You Were Here, and Dogs.
7. What is your favorite song by 10?
7. Jun. 2008, 20:17 von andyfestBleed American by Jimmy Eat World
Bleed American is one of the most significant albums in my life. A good friend of mine who died unexpectedly in 2001 loved this CD and told everyone he could to buy it. Now songs like Praise Chorus, My Sundown and Hear You Me (a song I still have a hard time listening to) have a special meaning every time I hear them.
Aside from sentimental reasons, I just think this is a great pop record. I would even go as far as to say it's one of the best mainstream albums to come out this decade. Sure, The Middle and Sweetness got overplayed but they were a refreshing sound on the radio given the other stuff being played at the time.
23. Apr. 2008, 0:38 von philbuckler1. Jimmy Eat World
Love the new album. Think I may have overplayed it a bit though... I'd want to hear Chase This Light, My Sundown and Polaris
Only really got into Muse recently. Kinda like a fine wine. It took a while for me to like. Now I can't get enough! I'd want to hear Knight Of Cydonia, Stockholm Syndrome and Supermassive Black Hole
I need some new stuff from these guys. Really didn't like their latest B-Sides release. Completely turned me off their stuff. The tracks that still keep me listening are Paperthin Hymn, The Feel Good Drag and Never Take Friendship Personal
These guys always have something different. Love 'em! I'd be happy if I heard Anna Molly, Nice To Know You and Make Yourself
5. Damien Rice
Hadn't really heard of him until last.fm. Really cool stuff... i like the intensity in his voice... I wanna hear 9 Crimes. That is all.
6. 30 Seconds to Mars
Huge fan of Jared Leto's voice. Mad tone. Mad screams. So jealous. …
2. Aug. 2007, 11:53 von Stubbsy67Whenever I go into a record store; Virgin Megastore, Fopp (R.I.P) and HMV are particular culprits but there are others, it always gets under my skin to see Jimmy Eat World in the metal section. Why just JEW though, when so many other artists are commonly misclassified as metal? A number of reasons.
The first and foremost reason is, despite the record stores insisiting on their classification, I haven't met a single fan who claims they're metal. It's important here to note that I myself am also a fan, so don't flame me as a hater. Here's what people have tagged JEW as on their Last.fm profile, in descending order:
rock - alternative - emo - alternative rock - indie - indie rock - punk - seen live
No mention of metal from the Last.fm taggers, quite rightly. What about Wikipedia? On their main page 'Alternate rock' and 'Emo' are listed, and a quite flick through their discography also sees 'Punk rock' and 'Pop rock' cropping up. The All Music Guide reviews these link to are also going…
17. Jul. 2006, 16:27 von Waster001Saw a few other people dong this on here, an thought it seem like it cud b funny.
Basically play all your music on shuffle, work through the list, an the next song goes where you are up to in song place.
Opening credits: Demon Speeding
Waking up: Revelation
Average day: People Are Strange
First date: Make Me Bad
Falling in love: Bottoms Up
Fight scene: My Sundown
Breaking up: An Epic Of Time Wasted
Getting back together: The Gift
Secret love: Everyday
Life's okay: Since You've Been Gone
Mental breakdown: What If
Driving: Bringing Me Down
Learning a lesson: Time And Time Again
Deep thought: We Live
Flashback: Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner
Partying: Made Of Scars
Happy dance: Dealerman
Regretting: Straitjacket Feeling
Long night alone: All Because Of You
Death scene: Lost and Found
10. Jul. 2006, 23:14 von blazed_elegyI tried that neighbour radio thingy today, it's pretty cool. I found some new songs that I kinda like. At the same time it's a bit dangerous because I tend to want to have all the songs that I think are good...My pc gets filled up with lotsa crap. Anyway, some new tracks I got to hear and would like to recommend:
Tracks I've been listening to a lot recently:
Black Liner Run
Supermassive Black Hole
+ One can never promote Placebo and Killer Aspect enough, so I figured I'd just mention them in here too.
Ok that's all. A random update! Have a nice evening :)
9. Jul. 2006, 22:58 von loveistrashThis took a really long time to do.
1. Opening song: Carolina
2. Waking up: Sleeping In
3. First date: Only In Dreams
4. First kiss: Sucker
5. Falling in love: We Looked Like Giants
6. Being in love: Brand New Colony
7. Breaking up: Hold Me Down
8. Making up: The Scientist
9. Seeing an old love: We Laugh Indoors
10. Heartbreak: Title and Registration
11. Revenge for the heartbreak: Me vs. Maradona vs. Elvis
12. Driving fast: Low
13. Fighting back: Belt
14. Getting ready to go out: Last Chance to Lose Your Keys
15. Dancing in the club: I Am Hollywood
16. Flirting: The Seduction
17. Feeling sexy: Tautou
18. Angry drunken stupor: One Angry Dwarf and Two Hundred Solemn Faces
19. Walking alone in the rain/snow: A Long December
20. Missing someone: Wish You Were Here
21. Saying goodbye: My Sundown
22. Learning a lesson: Me and Mia
23. Playing in the ocean: Island in the Sun