1. Jan. 2012, 20:45 von Zombie_Rust
29. Dez. 2011, 20:31 von travelin_man1- Markéta Irglová - Anar
2- North Mississippi Allstars - Keys To The Highway
3- Drive-By Truckers – Go-Go Boots
4- Clara Luzia - Falling Into Place
5- Tedeschi Trucks Band - Revelator
6- Warren Haynes - Man In Motion
7- Joe Bonamassa – Dust Bowl
8- Boubacar Traoré - Mali Denhou
9- Bill Callahan - Apocalypse
10- Gregg Allman – Low Country Blues
11- William Fitzsimmons – Gold In The Shadow
12- Fleet Foxes – Helplessness Blues
13- My Morning Jacket – Circitual
14- Emmylou Harris – Hard Bargain
15- Wilco – The Whole Love
16- Lucinda Williams – Blessed
17- R.E.M.- Collapse Into Now
18- Journey– Eclipse
19- Gillian Welch– The Harrow & The Harvest
20- Rita Hosking– Burn
21- Six Organs of Admittance– Asleep On The Floodplain
22- Seasick Steve– You Can't Teach an Old Dog New Tricks
23- Booker T. Jones - The Road From Memphis
24- Neil Young – A Treasure (old record)
25- Okkervil River – I Am Very Far
26- Eliza Gilkyson – Roses At The End Of Time
27- Kenny Wayne Shepherd – How I Go
16. Sep. 2011, 14:37 von OurStage_fmhttp://blog.ourstage.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Jeff_Bridges_album_cover.jpg
Though Susan Boyle helped make music’s mainstream safer for the mature crowd, her chart-life-begins-at-nearly fifty success story remains a rarity. But perhaps in the case of Jeff Bridges, who won an Oscar for playing an alcoholic country singer in Crazy Heart, a music star could have been born at the ripe old age of 61. Alas, it was not to be. His debut album, Jeff Bridges, entered Billboard’s Top 200 album chart at No. 25 the week after its August 16 release and then tumbled to No. 58. Continue Reading...
1. Aug. 2011, 11:15 von Babs_05The idea is for a journal for every month listing new albums I listen to and what I think so that when I review the year's music in December, I will have a handy reminder. I will add to this as the month goes on. Suggestions welcome.
Play the radio: My Gang Featured Albums 11 http://static.last.fm/matt/tinyradio.gif
January | February | March | April | May | June | July
2011 Year-end list contenders
w/c Mon 1 Aug:
Brian Eno - Drums Between the Bells
We7 | Spotify | mflow | MySpace
Pepper Rabbit - Red Velvet Snow Ball
We7 | Spotify | mflow | MySpace
Thievery Corporation - Vampires EP
The D.C. electronic duo's latest EP pulls three tracks from their 'Radio Retaliation' album and gets the remix treatment from Afrolicious, Rob Garza, Jeremy Sole and Uproot Andy. (Spinner)
18. Jan. 2011, 0:19 von le_woerst
13. Jul. 2010, 2:53 von BlueberryColaMy new music appetite is insatiable since I left the radio station. I cannot WAIT for new tunes! It's as if I can't listen to them fast enough.
I want that auto-retain feature they have in the Matrix so I can just blink and have heard all the good songs, so I can keep taking in more.
You know how they say not to go grocery shopping when you're hungry because you'll end up with too much food you won't eat?
I feel like the adverse of that right now, I'm so hungry and I want it ALL but there isn't enough time in the day to follow all the trails from this band to that one.
Again, Morpheus, can ya help a girl out?
12. Jun. 2006, 14:34 von blau1. List any artist in your top 30 you've seen live and note the number of times.
01 Red Hot Chili Peppers - 3 x
02 Taking Back Sunday - 1 x
07 The All-American Rejects - 2 x
08 Incubus - 2 x
10 Panic! at the Disco - 1 x
13 Mando Diao - 1 x
18 AFI - 1 x
18 Something Corporate - 1 x
20 Placebo - 7 x
25 Savage Garden - 1 x
29 O-Town - 3 x
30 Reel Big Fish - 3 x
2. How many of them have you seen?
3. Add the numbers up. How many shows is that in total?
4. List any artist in your top 50 that you haven't seen and has split up/died/stopped making music.
Jeff Bridges (kinda)
5. List any artist in your top 50 you haven't seen yet but are going to see soon.
6. How many?
So... that was useful. o_O
16. Mai. 2006, 19:45 von blauMajorly influenced by the RHCP album release.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Wet Sand
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Especially in Michigan
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Strip My Mind
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Slow Cheetah
Placebo - Drag
The Zombies - Time of the Season
Taking Back Sunday - MakeDamnSure
AFI - Miss Murder
Anberlin - A Day Late
Take That - It Only Takes a Minute
Take That - Pray
Jeff Bridges - 2 White Roses
Angels & Airwaves - The Adventure
Taking Back Sunday - Up Against
Taking Back Sunday - Miami
Taking Back Sunday - Brooklyn (If you know something say something)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Hey
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh)
9. Apr. 2006, 19:57 von blauMy top 15 artists, first song I heard, what got me liking them and favourite track.
1. Red Hot Chili Peppers
First song heard: Scar tissue
Song that got me into them: Fight Like A Brave
Favorite song: Dosed
2. Ryan Adams
First song heard: New York, New York
Song that got me into them: Harder now that it's over
Favorite song: Cry on demand
3. Taking Back Sunday
First song heard: Cute without the 'e' (acoustic)
Song that got me into them: Cute without the 'e'
Favorite song: Little devotional
4. Fall Out Boy
First song heard: Grand theft autumn
Song that got me into them: Grenade jumper
Favorite song: The pros and cons of breathing
5. Dashboard Confessional
First song heard: Screaming infidelities
Song that got me into them: Screaming infidelities
Favorite song: Bend and not break
6. Harry Connick, Jr.
First song heard: A wink and a smile
Song that got me into them: This guy's in love with you
Favorite song: City beneath the sea