5. Feb. 2014, 13:15 von Triliader
25. Mär. 2013, 6:19 von Triliader
31. Mai. 2010, 19:53 von blissardOne of the most important components of a movie, is its soundtrack/score. A good soundtrack can make the movie so much better.
There are different types of soundtracks. Some are just a collection of songs from different artists, and some are specially made by one or more composers. Some even are soundtracks to imaginary movies.
I'm a fan of the really moody soundtracks, full of longing, mystery, melancholia, nostalgia, beauty, sadness, darkness, light and haunting atmospheres. Music and sounds I can dive deep into.
I have a soft spot for Angelo Badalamenti, who's made most of the music to the movies of David Lynch.
I've collected some great ones here, most of them can be found on Spotify:
Vangelis - Blade Runner
Various Artists - The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
2. Mai. 2010, 22:41 von grace_pooleFirst, make a list of your top-20 artists overall. Then, for each of these artists, add the 8 most similar artists to your list. Delete any duplicates, count up the number of entries on your list and this will give you some idea of how eclectic your listening habits are. A score of 9 represents an extremely unvaried musical taste while a 160 represents an extremely varied one.
1. Green Day
2. Pinhead Gunpowder
Cleveland Bound Death Sentence
3. Relient K
House of Heroes
The Birthday Massacre
Jack Off Jill
28. Apr. 2009, 22:49 von provlearObviously a work in progress. Let me know if you have any additions or corrections.
30 Rock - Jeff Richmond
7th Heaven - Dan Foliart
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters - Drew Neumann
Ace Of Cakes - Motörhead
A Different World - Aretha Franklin
Adventure Time - Pendleton Ward
Airwolf - Sylvester Levay
Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Charles Gounod
ALF: The Animated Series - Shuki Levy
Alias - J.J. Abrams
All Creatures Great And Small - Johnny Pearson
All That - TLC
Amazing Stories - John Williams
American Dad! - Walter Murphy
American Dreams - Emerson Hart
American Gladiators - Bill Conti
America's Funniest Home Videos - Jill Colucci
Andy Richter Controls The Universe - Jason Cropper
Angel - Darling Violetta
Animaniacs - Richard Stone
Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Schoolly D
Are You Afraid Of The Dark? - Jeff Fisher
Are You Being Served? - Ronnie Hazlehurst
Arrested Development - David Schwartz
Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes - Shuki Levy
5. Aug. 2008, 21:57 von natebardThis week I conclude my first year of participation in Last.fm. I have always wanted to see what my personalized charts would look like if I could record precise statistics. Thanks to Last.fm that is possible, at last. So what does my first year look like?
I am completely unsurprised to see Nine Inch Nails and Emilie Autumn in my top two, but it is a credit to Last.fm that EA is on the list at all since I only discovered her through the website. I am surprised to discover Marilyn Manson anywhere near the top. I really liked his new album, Eat Me Drink Me, but I did not anticipate that I would have listened to him so much. I do not even consider myself a fan of his, honestly. Live on the list, in 2007-08? They were my favorite band in 1995, and I have not listened to them much in the new millennium, but there was something about their sound that really suited me in England. It is weird that they now remind me of my time in High School AND my time in Oxford. Alanis Moissette's another surprise from the 90's, but her new album is really fantastic. …
27. Jun. 2008, 19:17 von SoshialPost-rock artists:
1) Sigur Rós
2) Explosions in the Sky
3) God Is An Astronaut
4) A Silver Mt. Zion
5) Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Neoclassic / new age / ambient artists:
1) Alexandre Desplat
2) Ludovico Einaudi
3) Paul Schwartz
7) Jeff Beal
8) Zbigniew Preisner
9) Yann Tiersen
10) Алексей Айги
11) Max Richter
13) Philip Glass
14) Secret Garden
15) Klaus Badelt
16) Bruno Coulais
II. Very good:
18) Anne Dudley
19) Rondo Veneziano
20) Sylvain Chauveau
21) E.S. Posthumus
23) Divine Works
24) Dario Marianelli
28) Hans Zimmer
29) Harry Gregson-Williams
30) Jeremy Soule
31) Kevin Kern
Out of genre:
Carbon Based Lifeforms
7. Apr. 2008, 18:09 von quimtessenceWell, a week with a threshold track. Will miracles of the wildly outlandish sort never cease? Ladies & ladies, the number 40,000: T. Rex - Children Of The Revolution.
And That's Not All! Yes! I've made it to another threshold: & the 41,000th track played is: The Beatles - Yellow Submarine (appropriate!).
Also: It seem sometime around Thursday/Friday the Overall Artists and Tracks Charts have started updating on a daily basis. I don't know what's up with this new wave of positive change and improvement in the services offered here, but I Am Not Complaining.
And now... But wait! I need to first say this week was all about listening to as much music as I could by any means possible, including lack of sleep and not getting out of the house unless it was for basics like toilet paper. I guess it paid off. However, this cannot compare to my high school days, when I was at school for 6-7 hours, then the whole day the computer would be playing music until midnight or later (gotta study for those pesky finals). So yeah.
2. Mai. 2006, 15:59 von pilgr1mI suppose due to the negative feedback I've received.. this will just be an album list.. and um.. yea.. if you'd like recommendations from an artist I have.. i'll gladly give them to you. Just PM me. I respect the fact that people use the streaming music feature on last.fm and in order to keep that free.. blatant operations such as those previously posted would not fly well. I'm all for keeping last.fm from the grasp of the evil RIAA.
Here is a list of albums I'm willing to upload. If you like the concept of sharing music through last.fm please join http://www.last.fm/group/Please%2BShare
2Pac - Greatest Hits (discs 1&2)
A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms
Above & Beyond - Air for Life
Aeone, Lee Holdridge - The Mists Of Avalon
AFI - Sing the Sorrow
Air - Talkie Walkie
Air - Moon Safari
Air - The Virgin Suicides
All American Rejects - Move Along
American Hi-Fi Self-Titled
Aphex Twin - Richard D. James Album
Apocalyptica - Cult
Apocalyptica - Inquisition Symphony
Apocalyptica - Plays Metallica By Four Cellos