21. Mär. 2011, 23:26 von darren86
18. Dez. 2010, 11:37 von thomas10http://heartofglass.altervista.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/The-Velvet-Underground-Nico-The-Velvet-Underground.jpg
1 The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
One would be hard pressed to name a rock album whose influence has been as broad and pervasive as The Velvet Underground and Nico. While it reportedly took over a decade for the album's sales to crack six figures, glam, punk, new wave, goth, noise, and nearly every other left-of-center rock movement owes an audible debt to this set. While The Velvet Underground had as distinctive a sound as any band, what's most surprising about this album is its diversity. Here, the Velvets dipped their toes into dreamy pop ("Sunday Morning"), tough garage rock ("Waiting For The Man"), stripped-down R&B ("There She Goes Again"), and understated love songs ("I'll Be Your Mirror") when they weren't busy creating sounds without pop precedent. …
18. Sep. 2008, 20:14 von LlorenzaJames Brown – Live at the Apollo, 1962
Whenever I hear James Brown, I can't help but think of Eddy Murphy's imitation in Saturday Night Live (Hot! tub!). In it, he does the kind of squeeking only James Brown (and Prince of course) can get away with. And hey, who doesn't love this kind of yelling? And who wouldn't want to see it live?
So yes, this album is again a live album. Seems like the best soul music is recorded live. Where the public went wild for Sam Cooke, they become hysterical here. I have never heard an audience like this. It sometimes escapes me why they become so extatic. But hey, "The Hardest Working Man in Show Business" doesn't deserve less of course.
Apparently, the record company didn't want to release a live album, so James Brown financed the live recording himself. A very good decision: Live at the Apollo sold extremely well, and was for 66 (!) weeks on the Billboard Albums chart.
Maybe it is because James Brown had to pay for the recording himself…
19. Feb. 2006, 23:29 von random_chaos1. What are you listening to right now?
My computer fan
2. What song makes you sad?
Every fucking purely commercial pop song
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
4. Your all time favorite band?
5. Your newly discovered band is?
6. Best female voice?
7. Best male voice?
Angie Merkel muhaha
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
10. What do you listen to, to calm down?
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
The last gig was for some movie I don't remember...
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
That Hansel, right now
13. Most hated band?
The Most Hated
14. Song that makes you think?
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
U2, cause they I think they suck eggs (sorry to all the U2 snobs with U2 iPods)
16. Coolest music video?
That one with music...and video stuff... White Heat