1. Jun. 2010, 17:45 von CvaldaVessalisHello anyone and everyone!! Well, I have had a more than crazy few months since I last blogged about my favorites of 2010 thus far... Music wise, it's been more than eventful, with plenty more amazing releases to listen to (but obviously I'll be getting on to that a little later!) and, most excitingly, the seeming return of the music video as a trendy art-form. True, some bands do take it upon themselves to unleash at least one amazing video for each of their albums these days, but we've already been spoiled-more-than-silly with audio-visual accompaniments to some rather brilliant (or not really) singles this year. Contenders for the year-end blogs include Vampire Weekend's celeb-heavy tennis match for Giving Up The Gun; Hot Chip and director Pete Serafinowicz's boyband execution parody for I Feel Better; and, last but by certainly-no-means-least, Romain Gavras and M.I.A.'s blisteringly brilliant clip for Born Free that really has to be seen to be believed... …
28. Mai. 2010, 4:39 von De_Kar001)James Brown - It's A Man's, Man's, Man's World
002)Amy Winehouse - He Can Only Hold Her
003)The Pipettes - Your Kisses Are Wasted On Me
004)Caesar's Palace - Candy Kane
005)Oasis - She's Electric
006)Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's
007)The Sheer - It Only Gets Better
008)Broken Bells - Mongrel Heart
009)The Last Shadow Puppets - Only the Truth
010)Jack Penate - Second, Minute Or Hour
011)Razorlight - Stumble and Fall
012)Coldplay - God Put a Smile Upon Your Face
013)The Smashing Pumpkins - Geek U.S.A.
014)Live - Waitress
015)Radiohead - Electioneering
016)Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues
017)The Arcade Fire - (Antichrist Television Blues)
018)Animal Collective - My Girls
019)Faithless - Sun To Me
020)Crystal Castles - Celestica
021)Ou Est Le Swimming Pool - Dance The Way I Feel
022)Ladytron - Destroy Everything I Touch
023)Bloc Party - Mercury
024)Friendly Fires - Jump in the Pool
025)Bombay Bicycle Club - Always Like This
026)Hercules Love Affair - blind
14. Dez. 2009, 3:16 von likecrocodiles51. Gang Gang Dance - First Communion
First of all, Liz Bougatsos has an impossibly cool voice. Second of all, this song is impossibly awesome.
52. Morrissey - First of the Gang to Die
Proof that Morrissey's still got major songwriting chops.
53. Coldplay - Fix You
Frankly, I wouldn't want my bones to be ignited, even by Chris Martin, but this song is still a great anthem.
54. Sigur Rós - Fljótavík
I like to sing along to this song as a sort of release for all the emotion in it, but just as it reaches its peak, it switches into Hopelandic so I can't sing along, and the emotions just build up. It's rather powerful.
55. Okkervil River - For Real
Wow, this is a dynamic song. Highlights are the punchy guitar bits that start about :40 in and Will Sheff singing "You caaaaan't hide..."
56. Animal Collective - For Reverend Green
Avey Tare's vocals on this song are incredible.
57. Antony and the Johnsons - For Today I Am a Boy
20. Mai. 2009, 21:56 von FilmoreHolmeshttp://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9498/coverlovelc8.jpg
01. Ballboy - Songs For Kylie feat. Belladonnakillz 
02. Miho Hatori - Lost In Your Arms 
03. Capitol K - Love in Slow Motion 
04. The Electric Prunes - I Happen To Love You 
05. Alexander "Skip" Spence - Diana 
06. justine - She Brings the Morning with Her 
07. El Perro del Mar - Jubilee 
08. Fantastic Plastic Machine - There Must Be an Angel (Playing With My Heart) 
09. Urbs & Cutex - The Thing 
10. Carlos y Gaby - Happy Summer Solstice (I Love You, I Laugh You)
11. Clutchy Hopkins - Love of a Woman feat. Darondo 
12. Fink - Pretty Little Thing 
13. Harvey Mandel - Baby Batter 
14. O'Donel Levy - Hey, Love! 
15. White Noise - Love Without Sound 
16. The United States of America - The Garden of Earthly Delights
17. The Dukes Of Stratosphear - My Love Explodes 
18. The Kinks - Fancy 
20. Apr. 2009, 22:31 von Trademark88Mon 20 Apr – Holy Fuck, It Hugs Back
Afgekapte Drone, doch vette shit
Holy Fuck @ Doornroosje
Voorprogramma: It Hugs Back
Shoegaze zoals het bedoeld is of schijnt te zijn met leuk voorprogramma IT HUGS BACK. De shoegaze-revival-trein, met als locomotief de –overigens toch wel wat innovatievere- Pains of Being Pure at Heart die momenteel door muziekland tuft deed vanavond alvast Nijmegen aan. Wellicht is het enige dat ontbreekt bij It Hugs Back een mooie meid op het podium en de schijnbaar toch uiterst importante stempel van goedkeuring van het Amerikaanse internet-muziek-magazine Pitchfork. Qua sound doen ze namelijk niet noodzakelijk onder voor hun medegazers, het droomt en dronet lekker weg, met baslijntjes die doen denken aan de Pixies, en een algehele sound die wel wat weg heeft van My Bloody Valentine –de albums, niet de liveshows. Het laatste nummer deed zelfs een beetje denken aan een toned-down version van landgenoten The Magic Numbers. …
6. Jan. 2009, 0:26 von brambilla77With a whole year of exciting new music ahead of us, here is a quick look at the stuff that got stuck in my musical mind in 2008. Just like last year I stick to my concept of gigs, albums and tracks (= tracks not appearing on my top albums) in one list.
A happy Two-Oh-Nine to all of you!
1. Portishead @ Vorst Nationaal
It was a match they had already won before they even started the gig. Highly anticipated, a sold out vorst full of fans and absolutely spine chilling moments from all their albums. Very obscure and very gripping at same time: I actually cried as Beth was singing Roads. Unique concert to cherish for a long time!
2. Yeasayer @ Zebrastraat
One of my favourite bands of the last three years played a small gig in Ghent, the day after they played at pukkelpop. The tent in the zebrastraat was boiling with their cleverly concocted songs thus proving their awesome live reputation. The tired yet superfriendly band did a divine job for the small crowd that was there. …
2. Jan. 2009, 15:36 von rainerflooGenevieve Proof of Ghosts
Sea Shanty Plants and Animals
My Cousin Has A Grey Cup Ring Donovan Woods
Factories Winter Gloves
Fortune Miracle Fortress
Slowly Amon Tobin
Lovely Allen Holy Fuck
Eraser No Age
Oh It's Such A Shame Jay Reatard
Sleep The Notwist
Untrust Us Crystal Castles
The Farthest Place John Luther Adams
Cantiones sacrae I: Ne irascaris Domine Stile Antico
Pictures at an Exhibition, Promenade Modest Mussorgsky and Vladimir Horowitz
Jephtha, Act III, 1: Waft her, angels Andrew Manze, English Concert and Mark Padmore
This Is My Love Hercules and Love Affair
Intermezzo - Orchestra Richard Strauss
Lydia Dog Day
Oh Dead Life Dog Day
Tonight The Sky Sun Kil Moon
25. Dez. 2008, 4:01 von JeroenKlompFestive Fifty 2008
"Continuing a Christmas tradition started by the late John Peel in 1976, join Dandelion Radio DJs Matt, Jeff, Rachael, Pete Jackson, Mark Whitby, Neil, Simon, Rocker and Andy as they take it in turns to count down through the best 50 tracks from the last year - as chosen by you the listener! Voters picked their three favourite tunes of 2008 in October and November, and now you can hear the full results of this legendary poll in one mammoth show, repeating daily from Christmas Day until the end of January!"
Festive Fifty page * Dandelion Radio @ Last.Fm * Festive Fifty YouTube Playlist[#]
01 The Fall - 50 Year Old Man
02 Das Wanderlust - Puzzle
03 Decoration - Square Mile
04 MGMT - Time to Pretend
05 Ste McCabe - Huyton Scum
06 The Container Drivers - It Must Be The Pipes
07 The Fall - Wolf Kidult Man
08 The Deirdres - Milk Is Politics
09 The Hillfields - Spoon
10 Beatnik Filmstars - Hospital Ward
22. Dez. 2008, 17:34 von georgethe23rdHere goes:
1.Anorak City - Fucked Up
I always start my end of year compilations with a cover, and this one's an oddball hardcore cracker of a classic Another Sunny Day song.
2.Waving Flags - British Sea Power
My 2nd most listened to track of the year after One Day Like This by Elbow; BSP were my most listened to artist this year, on my 5th most listened to album of the year (their greatly improved “Do You Like Rock Music?”).
3.Ertrinken - Eine Kleine Nacht Musik
In indulging my passion for motorik this year I rather enjoyed EKNM's album.
4.Viva la Vida - Coldplay
I'd like to think of myself as a music snob but my enjoyment of Coldplay this year rather spoils that image. The new album's good, live they're great, and this is great.
5.A Relatively Famous Victory - Ballboy
Ballboy were the highlight of the superb Indietracks festival (where I also saw The Good Natured, Kabeedies and the Wave Pictures, below). They played this at sundown, outside on a beautiful Summer evening, and it was perfect.
21. Nov. 2008, 7:46 von slenke1. What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
The Long Winters – Scent Of Lime. Well it’s probably not the first song I heard, really, but it’s the first I remember. It was at a live free in-store performance at Sonic Boom. I'd never heard them before. This song stuck out.
2. What is your favorite album by 2?
Chad VanGaalen – They’re all so amazing and beautiful, but I have to go with the most morbid here, Infiniheart
3. What is your favorite lyric that 1 has sung?
Cloud Cult – Purpose "There must be purpose here cause most of us keep wakin up, don’t you think it’s pretty here its unexpectedly predictable so sloppily intentional does anyone know the punch line yet?"
4. How many times have you seen 11 live?
Margot & The Nuclear So and So’s – Once!
5. What is your favorite song by 7?
Andrew Bird – probably Fake Palindromes, though placticities is pretty close right now.
6. What is a good memory you have involving 20?