31. Jan. 2012, 13:50 von Dandy-Jon
3. Dez. 2011, 23:08 von punkass_noodlesRadiohead - In Rainbows
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
Jeff Buckley - Grace
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Portishead - Dummy
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
The Beatles - The Beatles
At the Drive-In - Vaya
19. Okt. 2010, 6:28 von PostModernMartr
18. Okt. 2010, 4:31 von KristinaUrineI can't believe he's gone.
Eyedea & Abilities
25. Mär. 2010, 0:46 von Dandy-Jon
15. Jan. 2010, 23:11 von FinalPizzaHutFind all these albums, along with to 25 EPs/Demos of 2009 and hundreds more artists and albums on Watch the Tapes! Comments are appreciated!
2009 was quite a year. A lot happened in the world, in my life, and in music. In theory, those all seem like distinct things - but retrospectively, they can be hard to differentiate from one another. Events blur together, timelines become jumbled, memories get obscured by the haze of passing time; memories of how I felt, memories of people I know (or knew), and memories of the music that soundtracked it all. Most people seem content to simply let these things slip into the past, marching merrily into the future, but I'm never able to fully let go, it seems, and this process of archiving my favorite albums of the year reflects that in a big way.
When I look back at this list in the year(s) to come, I'm not going to see an objective list of the best albums of 2009; I'm not even going to see a list I agree with anymore. …
1. Jan. 2010, 13:23 von iammortalkombat
19. Dez. 2009, 19:00 von FinalPizzaHutFind this and other mixtapes (plus much more) at Watch the Tapes.
This mix is pretty aptly titled. I tried to include mostly songs that had to do with friendships - good and bad - but there are some wimps and broken hearts to be found here too. What's a good mixtape without some heartache and stories of off-kilter relationships?
I think this is a pretty fun one, and people in my car who've heard snippets have enjoyed it, so hopefully you will too. Cheers.
Title: Friends, Wimps & Broken Hearts
Check it out at: http://www.me diafire.com/?qnzxihidzdk
Side 1: Do You Think We Could Pretend?
1. My American Heart - "All My Friends"
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers - "My Friends"
3. Piebald - "Karate Chops for Everyone but Us"
4. The White Stripes - "We're Going to Be Friends"
5. The Matches - "Needs and Wants"
6. The Rentals - "Friends of P."
7. Eels - "Old Shit, New Shit"
8. Vampire Weekend - "Bryn"
3. Dez. 2009, 18:56 von NoooFunFirst, make a list of your top-20 artists overall. Then, for each of these artists, add the 8 most similar artists to your list. Delete any duplicates, count up the number of entries on your list and this will give you some idea of how eclectic your listening habits are. A score of 9 represents an extremely unvaried musical taste while a 160 represents an extremely varied one.
1 Kylie Minogue
2 Janet Jackson
4 Lady Gaga
5 Britney Spears
6 Danii Minogue
7 Cindy Lauper
8 Spice Girls
#2 Marilyn Manson
9 Marilyn Manson & The Spooky Kids
10 Nine Inch Nails
11 Rob Zombie
14 John 5
17 Flux of Pink Indians
20 Rudimentary Peni
22 Poison Girls
#4 Icon of Coil
27 Panzer AG
29 Assemblage 23
32 Apoptygma Berzek
20. Okt. 2009, 10:12 von anarchoqueerYeah...this is a list of bands I've seen live. This is just a way for me to keep track. I don't care if you don't care.
There are a few local shows missing here, because they were so long ago that I don't remember who was playing. Any bands missing links are local, unless they happen to be well-known enough to have a Last.fm page. A select few are just really obscure non-local bands. I'll add more as I go to more shows.
This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb
The Babysitter's Club
The Guys (3)
Times New Viking
These Arms Are Snakes
Fighting With Knives
Gregory Alan Isakov
The Mars Volta
Black Eyes, Doll's Eyes
Weapon (southern doom band not listed on the page; probably local)
Blood Dries Black
Eyedea & Abilities
Zach from Kanser
Plain Ole Bill
Gabe Garcia (not the one on the page; he's a hip hop DJ)
Life Won't Wait
Nothing To Nothing