5. Jun. 2011, 16:11 von muncadunc
16. Mai. 2010, 18:08 von uccomradesAs The Russian Futurists prepare for this summer’s unveiling of the long awaited new album The Weight’s On The Wheels coming courtesy of yours truly Upper Class Recordings, our friends at Ghostly International have just released a compilation that features The Russian Futurists coveringDykehouse’s “When You Come”
The Horizon Line / Ghostly By Night is a Ghostly International double-disc compilation featuring ten remixes and reinterpretations of Ghostly International classics and ten new, forthcoming, and unreleased songs. Contributors include Madlib, Max Tundra, Solvent, Dabrye,Bullion…and the compilation closes, fittingly, with an oldie but goodie: Dykehouse’s feedback-laced creeper “When You Come” turned into a beautiful electro-pop jam by The Russian Futurists.
Horizon Line/Ghostly By Night was released as a double-disc CD on May 4. The compilation or single tracks can be bought digitally now through the
13. Mai. 2010, 13:03 von ofLogicGhostly International has spent its first decade in constant motion, building a catalog of category-defying music that pushes forever forward, forging new stylistic connections and breaking new artistic ground at every juncture. The Horizon Line / Ghostly By Night double-disc compilation is a state-of-the-label address featuring ten remixes and reinterpretations of Ghostly classics and ten new, forthcoming, and unreleased songs.Disc one, Horizon Line, shines a spotlight on the greater Ghostly family with remixes and covers of ten Ghostly classics. Lusine’s rerub of School of Seven Bells’ “Half Asleep” starts things off with a bang, stripping the dense original down to its vocals and drum machine, but keeping the dreamy momentum. From there, Horizon Line takes off, flying from Solvent’s analog-tinged remix of Deastro’s “Kurgan Wave Number One” to Madlib’s grainy take on Dabrye’s “Air (feat. Doom)”. The compilation closes, fittingly, with an oldie but goodie: Dykehouse’s feedback-laced creeper “When You Come”…
24. Apr. 2010, 12:07 von pink_n_yellowThis obviously is not the completed (final) journal entry. I believe it is a snap shop of the journal entry on 12.02.2010, less than 14 days after the game started.
So here is a list of the artists from Part II, the tracks listened to in the first couple of weeks of the game and first few albums purchased to help with the game.
I think I'll replay this second part of the game so I can complete the journal again (grrr) while I'm playing Round IV and Round V.
Part II - Spotlight On 21 Artists (Game In Progress)
Part II (Started 31.01.2010)
The xx I listened to the album xx released 2009.
5. Heart Skipped a Beat
8. Basic Space
10. Night Time
It's a nice album. I like the female singer's voice, soft but not syrupy, she and the male counterpart achieve a feel of detachment which adds a sexy quality to the songs. Overall, these tracks combine nice beats, bass, snappy kick, touch of funk, chilly lushness. …
4. Okt. 2009, 16:42 von PistonsbeneathFunckarma - Strip [DuB]
Toasty - The Knowledge (Untold Remix) [HOTFLUSH]
Bitstream ...- Radiotherapy [Modern Love]
Luke Envoy - So [Tempa]
CJ Bolland - The Tower Of Naphtali [R&S]
Koma + Bones - Powercut (Rewired Remix) [TCR]
Wiley - No Qualms (Re Vox Feat Chipmunk & Skepta) [Big Dada]
Eric Serra - Diva Dance [Virgin]
Dark Knight - Reasons [URBAN RIDIMS]
Virus Syndicate & Kromestar - Anything [Contagious]
Luke Envoy - M.U.G.E.N. [Wonderland]
Cerrone - Supernature [MALLIGATOR]
Kansas City Prophets - Roadnoise [Control Tower]
Hatcha & Kromestar - Persi-Needs [EIGHT:FX]
Aphex Twin - On [Warp]
Durrty Goodz - Party'N'Rave [AWKWARD MUSIC
Boxcutter - Mya Rave V2 [Planet Mu]
Soft Pink Truth - Big Booty Bitches [Soundslike]
Amorphous Androgynous - Elysian Feels [Future Sound Of London RECORDINGS]
Basic Units - Explode [FIREWIRE]
Bruce Stallion - Big Black Rimz (Pumpin Iron Remix) [Tigerbass]
Reso - Logical [DESTRUCTIVE]
Subphonic - Brain Barrel
Massive Attack - Special Cases (Akufen Remix)
14. Mär. 2009, 22:55 von nu_born
21. Jun. 2007, 11:06 von CylobHeh. :D
We shouldn't need another such list for (at least) a year!
100 MORE GREAT DREAMPOP ALBUMS!
Compiled at MAC.
7% Solution - Gabriel's Waltz (1999)
Adorable - Fake (1994)
Aerogramme - Sleep and Release (2003)
Alcian Blue - Alcian Blue (2006)
All Natural Lemon & Lime Flavors - All Natural Lemon & Lime Flavors (2001)
Alpha - The Impossible Thrill (2001)
Amusement Parks On Fire - Out of the Angeles (2006)
Astrobrite - Crush (2001)
Audrey - Visible Forms (2006)
Autolux - Future Perfect (2004)
Autumn Rhythm - Secret Songs (2003)
Autumn's Grey Solace - Shades of Grey (2006)
Blind Mr. Jones - Tattooine (1994)
Blueshift Signal - Seven Natural Scenes (1994)
boo radleys - Learning to Walk (1993)
Bowery Electric - Lushlife (1999)
Brian Jonestown Massacre - Methodrone (1995)
Brief Candles - They Live We Sleep (2006)
The Brother Kite - Waiting For The Time To Be Right (2006)
Buddha on the moon - The Last Autumn Day (1998)
28. Jan. 2006, 12:38 von sing-sing